UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Anyone thinking Alfonso Allan is some sort of fall back or concession prize is mistaken imo.
Not saying that’s where this is headed to. But *** keep focusing on Jackson’s speed because you sit can’t teach that. But Allan is going to be wanted by everyone as well.
Not just Jews are concerned about speed. Why do say that?

Advertisement
A couple weeks ago, the narrative was that he was all ASU. A few posters with common sense pointed out that the impending ASU sanctions hadn't sunk in yet, and once they do he's not going to spend 3-4 years at a college that is going to be under heavy sanctions. Sure enough, now he's backed off from ASU. A couple other schools with a ton of ground to make up just jumped in the mix (one of which is almost certainly because their primary LB target is gone) and now fans are freaking out again. Miami isn't hurting for OLBs/Strikers. I don't think Jackson is going to beat out James Williams or Chase Smith for OLB/striker in the next 2-3 years so we aren't looking at a day 1 instant starter- he'd likely be sitting behind the duo I mentioned on the depth chart. Don't get me wrong, I would like Jackson in the class- depth is great and its always a luxury to stack chips. However, I don't put Jackson in the same echelon as WB (and Tolan). We need more athleticism at ILB. If Miami misses on WB (which I don't think we will), then I can understand having a meltdown.

A couple weeks ago, the narrative was that he was all ASU. A few posters with common sense pointed out that the impending ASU sanctions hadn't sunk in yet, and once they do he's not going to spend 3-4 years at a college that is going to be under heavy sanctions. Sure enough, now he's backed off from ASU. A couple other schools with a ton of ground to make up just jumped in the mix (one of which is almost certainly because their primary LB target is gone) and now fans are freaking out again. Miami isn't hurting for OLBs/Strikers. I don't think Jackson is going to beat out James Williams or Chase Smith for OLB/striker in the next 2-3 years so we aren't looking at a day 1 instant starter- he'd likely be sitting behind the duo I mentioned on the depth chart. Don't get me wrong, I would like Jackson in the class- depth is great and its always a luxury to stack chips. However, I don't put Jackson in the same echelon as WB (and Tolan). We need more athleticism at ILB. If Miami misses on WB (which I don't think we will), then I can understand having a meltdown.
I can see Miami moving from that WB spot away a bit more and install a box safety as a replacement.

Advertisement
He doesnt really play a true safety position.

We used him as a striker type /lb a year ago.

He is very similar to Keontra Smith at the same age more physical than Smith.

Im not sure if Um is on him...but i coached Fonzo
Soon as I saw his JR tape and measurements the first thing I thought of was Keontra Smith. Alfonzo was playing closer to the line (like a striker or LB) for a good portion of that tape and looked comfortable sifting through things and being physical with blockers and ball carriers. And according to the 247 measurements, he's the same size (actually 5lbs bigger) as Wesley Bissainthe. I'd have zero issue taking the both of them as LBs in this class.

Unless we’re somehow only taking 1 LBer then idk how this makes sense.

I think we'd be fine with one LB. We dont need 10 players for 2 spots, plus Steed and Jennings still have eligibility. If we took 3 signees and both Steed and Jennings came back, we'd have 12 players for 2 spots in 2022.

We could easily just take 1 kid and have at minimum 8 kids for 2 LB spots in 2022, with the possibility of Steed and Jennings being added back into the mix making it up to 10 kids.

That's PLENTY of depth.

Advertisement
Soon as I saw his JR tape and measurements the first thing I thought of was Keontra Smith. Alfonzo was playing closer to the line (like a striker or LB) for a good portion of that tape and looked comfortable sifting through things and being physical with blockers and ball carriers. And according to the 247 measurements, he's the same size (actually 5lbs bigger) as Wesley Bissainthe. I'd have zero issue taking the both of them as LBs in this class.

He got NOOOOO problems mixing it up with lineman. Matter of fact in practice he use to be the one hitting head up or instigating fights with the ol lol.

I dont know his measurements as i havent seen him in some time...but id guess he is atleast 6'0 200.

Obviously im bias and would wan thim in this class not sure on the possibilities on it though.

I think we'd be fine with one LB. We dont need 10 players for 2 spots, plus Steed and Jennings still have eligibility. If we took 3 signees and both Steed and Jennings came back, we'd have 12 players for 2 spots in 2022.

We could easily just take 1 kid and have at minimum 8 kids for 2 LB spots in 2022, with the possibility of Steed and Jennings being added back into the mix making it up to 10 kids.

That's PLENTY of depth.
It aint plenty of for sure talent.

Fonzo is a STUD. Love his game
all the 7 an 7, camp drills....wont be his thing.

Kid is just different in pads....hes vicious, and just twitched up agression. Loved coaching him because in pads he had no stop...like once he was suited he literally wanted to play anything on defense from DE, DT, to LB..he just wanted to hit.

Crazy because Kevin Knowles was similar although smaller and a cb...but you can already see he isperforming for he sorry *** Noles already as a early enrolle and he and Fonzo are basically like brothers. They just got it...(see Chase Smith for us)

all the 7 an 7, camp drills....wont be his thing.

Kid is just different in pads....hes vicious, and just twitched up agression. Loved coaching him because in pads he had no stop...like once he was suited he literally wanted to play anything on defense from DE, DT, to LB..he just wanted to hit.

Crazy because Kevin Knowles was similar although smaller and a cb...but you can already see he isperforming for he sorry *** Noles already as a early enrolle and he and Fonzo are basically like brothers. They just got it...(see Chase Smith for us)
7 on 7’s dilute the talent pool recruiting wise imo. I hate it.

Advertisement
He got NOOOOO problems mixing it up with lineman. Matter of fact in practice he use to be the one hitting head up or instigating fights with the ol lol.

I dont know his measurements as i havent seen him in some time...but id guess he is atleast 6'0 200.

Obviously im bias and would wan thim in this class not sure on the possibilities on it though.
247 had Fonzo at 6'1 205 and Wes at 6'1 200

That's PLENTY of depth.
66BD19CC-E840-4B15-9D95-C114450476E2.gif

It aint JUST about depth, fam. We need quality depth. Who cares if we have 10 LBs if only 2 of them have shown they can play. The two guys you just mentioned have been here 4+ years and neither are projected to play much, it’s over. We need guys who can play and wash those guys out.

Advertisement
View attachment 149751

It aint JUST about depth, fam. We need quality depth. Who cares if we have 10 LBs if only 2 of them have shown they can play. The two guys you just mentioned have been here 4+ years and neither are projected to play much, it’s over. We need guys who can play and wash those guys out.
when i was in college our coach would say every year in t he spring that he is recruiting OVER us.

Manny since he has been here have never recruited over his position group.

Ive been saying it for years on the board that cb and lb recruiting have been some sh*t. You recruit guys to take the spot of the Quartermans, Pinkney, Mcclouds not twiddle your thumb and sign depth guys.

Right now i want kids to take Flagg, Brooks food day 1.

Thats how you get quality.
Im not going to think we reach the level until i see kids transferring from a position group for lack of pt.

when i was in college our coach would say every year in t he spring that he is recruiting OVER us.

Manny since he has been here have never recruited over his position group.

Ive been saying it for years on the board that cb and lb recruiting have been some sh*t. You recruit guys to take the spot of the Quartermans, Pinkney, Mcclouds not twiddle your thumb and sign depth guys.

Right now i want kids to take Flagg, Brooks food day 1.

Thats how you get quality.
Im not going to think we reach the level until i see kids transferring from a position group for lack of pt.

Spot on.

"We have Steed and Jennings coming back". So the fvck what lol. Coming back to do what, exactly?

That's PLENTY of depth.
😂

Advertisement
Back