UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Anyone thinking Alfonso Allan is some sort of fall back or concession prize is mistaken imo.
Not saying that’s where this is headed to. But *** keep focusing on Jackson’s speed because you sit can’t teach that. But Allan is going to be wanted by everyone as well.

Advertisement
But when he left Miami after his OV, he said he needed to think it over. He told one of the recruiting reporters he didn't know how long that would take . maybe a week or two, maybe longer.

It is hard to really know what is going on here. I suspect Gaby at 247 will reach out to him now that Rivals has this interview . We'll see what Jackson says to him.
I’m with Hoya. We just need more intel on this. Ferman also has a prediction for Jackson-Miami so he heard something promising at some point. Rivals is Rivals too. Seems like they dig for bad news IMO.

I also can’t imagine other schools NOT blowing up Jackson given he was an ASU lean and is now open.

What does him having to think it over have to do with us not contacting him? He finished his OV here over 2 weeks ago. That is quite the reach, fellas.

Lol. I guarantee you ASU isn’t saying “Ah, he needs to think it over so let em breathe, give him a call on the 24th.”

Advertisement
Speaking for myself, it’s not about freaking out. It’s more, if the staff isn’t putting their chips in on Jackson, who are they putting their chips in on?

in this thread I’ve said I don’t think Jackson will become a starter in his first two years, if he came to Miami. I think he could be a day 1 special teams player which isn’t anything to scoff at. Non-instant impact lb with good athleticism & iq

Thank you. Don’t understand why this is so hard for some to grasp and they immediately turn to we are “freaking out”.

What does him having to think it over have to do with us not contacting him? He finished his OV here over 2 weeks ago. That is quite the reach, fellas.

Lol. I guarantee you ASU isn’t saying “Ah, he needs to think it over so let em breathe, give him a call on the 24th.”
He didn't say the coaches haven't contacted him. He said he hasn't spoken with Miami coaches and ended the article with saying he's gonna hit up Patke. So either Miami is dropping the ball or maybe the kid decided not to return a text, call or dm for a week for whatever reason. Not sure why the Miami not calling him angle is the default stance here.

Advertisement
I don't think I would say OU and Texas are the frontrunners but it does say to me he isn't sold on Miami as an alternative to ASU. No idea if he scheduled the OV because he hasn't heard from UM or if UM is now looking around because he hasn't made any decision and is now expanding his board. Remember he wasn't sold on visiting in the beginning; he was going to go to ASU. I wonder if distance is part of this...
exactly. isn't this is the kid who alluded to the transtion from nebraska culture to UM and him being an outsider? i think he must have reservations about miami.

But when he left Miami after his OV, he said he needed to think it over. He told one of the recruiting reporters he didn't know how long that would take . maybe a week or two, maybe longer.

It is hard to really know what is going on here. I suspect Gaby at 247 will reach out to him now that Rivals has this interview . We'll see what Jackson says to him.
Exactly what I've been saying and it's ok to do that especially when you feel the pressure it's best to step back and make a firm decision without coaches interfering. Now obviously Gaby and others will do their research and everybody here may be wrong which is ok because nobody here knows him

IF we are seeking dudes like Allen at LB (agree, I’m intrigued by that), how about Marshall the other Central transfer? Kid is 6-3 almost 200, right? I don’t know much about him about looks like a versatile dude.

Guys like that could be great IF, IF you land a pure, experienced guy like Wes.

Really, really need that timeline to expedite.

Advertisement
Speaking for myself, it’s not about freaking out. It’s more, if the staff isn’t putting their chips in on Jackson, who are they putting their chips in on?

in this thread I’ve said I don’t think Jackson will become a starter in his first two years, if he came to Miami. I think he could be a day 1 special teams player which isn’t anything to scoff at. Non-instant impact lb with good athleticism & iq
Pretty much where my head is at. LB recruiting is absolutely wild at the moment. I truly have no idea what the real plan is at LB at the moment. Not stressed about it, but definitely curious.

exactly. isn't this is the kid who alluded to the transtion from nebraska culture to UM and him being an outsider? i think he must have reservations about miami.
Everything I remember is that he loved his time and if he has reservations I would think he would've just committed to ASU instead of deciding taking visits are the right thing to do

Advertisement
LB recruiting is the biggest head scratcher right now. Maybe we are getting rid of the position. Finally running that all striker lineup.
For them to not have hit the portal for any LBs at all (especially when it seemed like 2 of them were begging to come here especially Juwon Mitchell) is an even bigger headscratcher. It would make it almost imperative that we cannot strike out on WB if we dont get DJ.

That said, I dont blame his parents for telling him to look around. Way too early to make any final decision if you have options. And a 6'2 200LB with 100M track speed will absolutely have options at some point. Shocked the Big 12 is letting him sneak out the back door. (just saw he got OU and UT offers recently. Now things will definitely get interesting)

IF we are seeking dudes like Allen at LB (agree, I’m intrigued by that), how about Marshall the other Central transfer? Kid is 6-3 almost 200, right? I don’t know much about him about looks like a versatile dude.

Guys like that could be great IF, IF you land a pure, experienced guy like Wes.

Really, really need that timeline to expedite.
I think we need fonzo and edric Weldon at linebacker

Advertisement
Back