UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Role Playing Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

Advertisement
From CanesSport today:

“Jackson says this is now “a three-team race,” [with Oklahoma] but says a recent verbal offer from Texas’ linebackers coach could mean he’ll also visit there in the fall.

Jackson says he continues to have UM neck and neck at the top of his list but says he hasn’t talked to Cane coaches in the last week-plus.”

WTF????

From CanesSport today:

“Jackson says this is now “a three-team race,” [with Oklahoma] but says a recent verbal offer from Texas’ linebackers coach could mean he’ll also visit there in the fall.

Jackson says he continues to have UM neck and neck at the top of his list but says he hasn’t talked to Cane coaches in the last week-plus.”

WTF????
Looks like OU isn't pursuing Medlock any more. Jackson is the only LB on their board.

I read that article, too. Made me think the staff may be expanding their board since this kid is now expanding his....

From CanesSport today:

WTF????

Looks like OU isn't pursuing Medlock any more. Jackson is the only LB on their board.

I read that article, too. Made me think the staff may be expanding their board since this kid is now expanding his....

Read the tea leaves folks… he was all ASU Till the violations and presumed sanctions

now OU and UT come out of no where as the new front runners
We haven’t talked to him in a week. So are we just backing away? Is it bags? We’re also the only constant so what are you seeing?

Advertisement
We haven’t talked to him in a week. So are we just backing away? Is it bags? We’re also the only constant so what are you seeing?
I don't think I would say OU and Texas are the frontrunners but it does say to me he isn't sold on Miami as an alternative to ASU. No idea if he scheduled the OV because he hasn't heard from UM or if UM is now looking around because he hasn't made any decision and is now expanding his board. Remember he wasn't sold on visiting in the beginning; he was going to go to ASU. I wonder if distance is part of this...

As I think about it, it could also be part of the whole "take your visits and be sure before you commit" strategy. The staff has also had some vacation time over the 4th of jUly break so that can also be part of it.

Seems like it's going to be one of those recruitments that carries into the fall for sure... He did say he didn't know how long it would be before he made a decision...

As I think about it, it could also be part of the whole "take your visits and be sure before you commit" strategy. The staff has also had some vacation time over the 4th of jUly break so that can also be part of it.

Seems like it's going to be one of those recruitments that carries into the fall for sure... He did say he didn't know how long it would be before he made a decision...
Only thing is that Miami is the only constant. This kid was apparently headed to ASU until that mess happened.

Advertisement
Only thing is that Miami is the only constant. This kid was apparently headed to ASU until that mess happened.
yes. That's why I think it could be any number of reasons: maybe he is playing the waiting game on ASU, too. Waiting to see what happens there.
Reading OU's board, he is the only LB they are after right now. They are not pursuing Medlock any more.

Bottom line is he isn't committing any time soon.

Before Jackson scheduled his OV to Miami there was a period in the spring when the coaches stopped talking to him. Not sure if it's because he was/is a plan B or Justice/Patke ain't on their game

Advertisement
I don’t know the specifics and maybe the article doesn’t explain it but not talking to him for a week could have every thing to do with Jackson not returning a text or a call. Not that he’s being ignored.

Advertisement
From CanesSport today:

WTF????
Vibe I get is he was being pushed heavy to go to ASU in the beginning and now he sees it was a mistake. Manny and the staff imo like with other prospects wants him to commit when he's sure and doesn't take anymore visits but he wanted to take time away from recruiting to think and now wants to use the visits. Obviously gotta open the board more now but I don't think it's all bad here just a kid who like I keep saying with others want to see all schools before the biggest decision of his life

So is Patke playing hard to get as a recruiting tactic now? For ***** sake, how could you ignore your second biggest target. This guy better be a coaching savant because it seem like he absolutely sucks at recruiting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back