UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Screenshot_20210627-141621_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Likens was the Ariz St. Offensive coordinator for 2018 and 2019 seasons and in 2017 he was the passing game coordinator before being promoted.

So that's two years of running the ASU offense that apparently was not high octane, so ask were the linemen hurt both years and how did the freshman QB'S underperformed both years? Yet they had NFL caliber WR's on the field, something doesn't sound right.

Go Canes

Hey, just passing down what I've read about Likens and his time at ASU.
I don't have strong opinion either way, but having to run an offense with true frosh at several positions, including QB is no joke.

Manny shot his shot, now he’s got to keep in Jackson’s ear. It’s great news that we’re making him pause and reflect. Both ASU and the U bring incredible social aspects to the table. Personally I feel Miami has the quicker route to playing time. It would be amazing to land this young man, his speed and ability we so desperately need on the field. Landing him, Tolan, and yes even Wesley would be an incredible group of LB’s. Talk about a loaded defense possibly in 1-2yrs combining these talented kids along with our ‘21 players and possibly Shemar, LT, etc on the DL?
You are correct but I would like to add that while both UM and ASU do in fact bring great social aspects to the table, when it comes to competition, coaching and the overall football aspect, ASU cant possibly hope to match what UM offers. Jackson pushed back his announcement date because he's just starting to figure that out. To be frank, at this point I would be shocked if Devon picked anyone other than UM. This class may not have the total numbers to be considered a top 5 class but this class will be special. Now what we truly need is for this team to really start coming together on the field the way we know we can. Last year was a great step in the right direction for the offense. This year we need them to take the next one. The defensive staff overhaul was exactly what was needed for that side of the ball. Now with quality coaching and recruiting on that side of the ball we should be able to get back on track defensively. Pull off a 10-2 regular season and truly compete with Clemson for the ACC Title and we will have the proof of concept necessary to bring in the type of kids who will allow us to take that final step. Lets get this!

Last edited:
Seems like his biggest concern going in was being an OOS kid when the majority of the team is from Miami. Fitting in the culture, etc. which I can understand. Pairing him up with TAC was a good move. He also got to hang with Jake Garcia , Flagg and the other OOS kids.

Advertisement
Seems like his biggest concern going in was being an OOS kid when the majority of the team is from Miami. Fitting in the culture, etc. which I can understand. Pairing him up with TAC was a good move. He also got to hang with Jake Garcia , Flagg and the other OOS kids.
Which is understandable I mean who didn't get nervous going to new schools as a kid not knowing anybody worrying about being an outcast? Today kids can visit, get to know other people and keep in contact so once they enroll smooth transition

Schools have been negative recruiting Miami like that for a long time. Nothing new.

“You’re not gonna be welcomed there or have a fair shot since you're not a South a Florida guy.” Even though some the best players in our history are from out of state or at minimum north of Okeechobee.

Advertisement
LOL at Patke in the photo 🤣

From the official Miami Hurricanes site: "Patke received his undergraduate degree in business adminstration from Stephen F. Austin State University in 2008. He also played linebacker at SFA for four years (2004-08) and was a three-year starter."

SFA is joining the WAC next year if you can believe it. It's come a long way from when Patke was a 3-year starter at LB 15 years ago.

I don't want to derail this thread. But if Patke can't beat out a coachless team in ASU for Jackson and Blake Baker for Tolan, we've been Rumphed. Manny and TRob better be all in on those two, like Saban with his helicopter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Could be good news for the Canes;

Jackson's friend DeShawn Woods getting cbs with confidence score of "8" from Wiltfong for Missouri..... His final two were ASU and Missouri and it looks like he picked Missouri....

If true, they won't be playing together no matter what...

Maybe Jackson to the Canes?????

Advertisement
Back