UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Kind of a trick question but the answer is....................................................Gabe Terry. He was recruited by UM while attending Boystown in Omaha. Got in trouble (hippie lettuce) and transferred to Tennessee State.
Terry is really from Palm Beach. He went to high school up there for a minute, won a wrestling championship while he was in Nebraska. IIRC, he was up there because he ran into some trouble down here...

Advertisement
Terry is really from Palm Beach. He went to high school up there for a minute, won a wrestling championship while he was in Nebraska. IIRC, he was up there because he ran into some trouble down here...
Boys town is /was some sort of juvenile diversion thing...he likely had juvenile criminal charges and they likely were going to send him to a djj program in florida...but someone may have known of his football/sports exploits and hook that boys town situation up out in Nebraska. Because they have Boystown in florida as well.

In florida if your in a djj program you aint playing sports..just lock down with school...The last program similar i can remember was MIAMI BAYPOINT. Willie Williams was there b4 Pace for 6 months when he was getting in troule in the 9th grade.

Last edited:
Boys town is /was some sort of juvenile diversion thing...he likely had juvenile criminal charges and they likely were going to send him to a djj program in florida...but someone may have known of his football/sports exploits and hook that boys town situation up out in Nebraska. Because they have Boystown in florida as well.

In florida if your in a djj program you aint playing sports..just lock down with school...The last program similar i can remember was MIAMI BAYPOINT. Willie Williams was there b4 Pace for 6 months when he was getting in troule in the 9th grade.
Yupppp. Shaq Barrett DE from the Bucs is from Baltimore but went to Boys Town in Nebraska too

Hope this doesn’t take us out of the running for his cousin Woods.
Well we know It doesn’t help lol. Hopefully Justice and Jackson’s dad had honest conversations about the situation. Miami would get a boost if Jackson goes to Notre Dame (smh) or Oklahoma because they are not on Woods’ list.

Last edited:
Apparently we stopped talking to the kid and he is no longer considering us. This is according to an update on OU’s board from today.

“Well, fortunately for OU, it seems as though Jackson's field is even narrower than most realize. Earlier this year, Jackson released a top five that included Notre Dame, Texas A&M and Miami in addition to the Sooners and Sun Devils. However, communication with Miami has dropped off, and Jackson told me that he is no longer considering the Hurricanes.”

Gotta figure the coaches feel good about the local kids. Hope one or two of them pop soon.

Advertisement
Smh those times are crazy for any position. Spectacular for a LB. Would've kept talking to him off the speed and connection to Woods' alone.

Last edited:
He ran a 10.58 in prelims last week (10.8 in the finals). It was chilly that day too.
Weak comp or not that would be one of the fastest linebackers we’ve ever had here. We’ve had skill position players start here that never ran that

Advertisement
He looks shorter than 6'2....still you usually do not see Miami pass on that type of speed. Especially considering the situation with him and Woods. Staff looking for the best 3 out of Tolan, Medlock, Lathan, Bissanthe, and Graham I'd assume

Last edited:
He looks shorter than 6'2....still you usually do not see Miami pass on that type of speed. Especially considering the situation with him and Woods. Staff looking for the best 3 out of Tolan, Medlock, Lathan, Bissanthe, and Graham I'd assume
These are the kind of freaks we need. Mind blowing if we stopped recruiting him. Especially if he was genuinely interested

Advertisement
These are the kind of freaks we need. Mind blowing if we stopped recruiting him. Especially if he was genuinely interested
Prepare for your mind to be blown because we did stop recruiting him about a month ago. He was more than generally interested too, we were one of the leaders for him and his teammate Deshawn Woods. Garin Justice coached with Devon's dad a while back

Last edited:
His production is weak & he's built like a corner. If taking him meant getting Woods I'd take him, but I'm not really blown away

His production is weak & he's built like a corner. If taking him meant getting Woods I'd take him, but I'm not really blown away

Bellevue West opens against Burke in August. So I'll get to see him up close and in person. Also, the kid that finished 3rd (10.87) in the 100m video is the Bellevue West RB. A load at 6'2 - 220.

Last edited:
Advertisement
His highlights are not that great either. I see a backup LB and good special teams player with high iq (coach / former d1 players son). Speed gives him upside to become a starter in year 3/4. Miami is involved with a good amount of LBs so I understand passing, but diaz has to close on those guys for the pass to be justified.

Like you my main gripe was cutting ties with Jackson meant cutting ties with Woods who looked like the best OL target with reciprocated high interest

Last edited:
LB who can't stand the cold doesn't really scream "tough enough" to me.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like that cold **** either. But then again, I'm not trying to make a living violently colliding with grown men.
90+ degree weather in full gear requires toughness as well

Advertisement
Back