UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Both his parents were athletes at the University of Illinois. Dad played football for Lou Tepper, mom ran track. Moved from Chicago area to Omaha in 2017.

Advertisement
**** A&M the top 5 school on a lot of kids lists. Interesting, must want to raise the prices a bit. Kid is fast though, we have the warm weather he seeks , are we just offering to say we offered? Or are we keeping on him?

Advertisement
**** A&M the top 5 school on a lot of kids lists. Interesting, must want to raise the prices a bit. Kid is fast though, we have the warm weather he seeks , are we just offering to say we offered? Or are we keeping on him?
If we apply more pressure he's probably ours. But we have better options locally, LB is a position we don't really need to leave the state for unless it's an elite prospect.

Devon has elite potential but he is all athleticism at this point. He's barely played football & put up unimpressive numbers against bad competition his only year on varsity.

Miami was one of the more recent offers for Jackson.

“They recently offered but I like the program,” he said. “They aren’t where they want to be right now and it’s Miami. What’s not to like about it? The offensive line coach (Garin Justice) said they are building it right.”

Advertisement
Oh my how times have changed!!!! I lived in Omaha mnay moons ago straight out of college. Back then, the entire city shut down on Saturdays. I hated them and did most of my shopping on Saturday because the roads and stores would be empty. It was a given any Omaha kid would go to Lincoln. These days, Omaha kids don't even want to go there.

We'll see what happens with this kid.

Advertisement
Trivia: Anyone remember the last LB we landed from the area? No Google.

Kind of a trick question but the answer is....................................................Gabe Terry. He was recruited by UM while attending Boystown in Omaha. Got in trouble (hippie lettuce) and transferred to Tennessee State.

Advertisement
LB who can't stand the cold doesn't really scream "tough enough" to me.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like that cold **** either. But then again, I'm not trying to make a living violently colliding with grown men.

The high was -5 here (Omaha) last week and it went down to -25 at night. Been a brutal winter. So I can relate to him wanting to bounce.

Apparently we stopped talking to the kid and he is no longer considering us. This is according to an update on OU’s board from today.

“Well, fortunately for OU, it seems as though Jackson's field is even narrower than most realize. Earlier this year, Jackson released a top five that included Notre Dame, Texas A&M and Miami in addition to the Sooners and Sun Devils. However, communication with Miami has dropped off, and Jackson told me that he is no longer considering the Hurricanes.”

Apparently we stopped talking to the kid and he is no longer considering us. This is according to an update on OU’s board from today.

“Well, fortunately for OU, it seems as though Jackson's field is even narrower than most realize. Earlier this year, Jackson released a top five that included Notre Dame, Texas A&M and Miami in addition to the Sooners and Sun Devils. However, communication with Miami has dropped off, and Jackson told me that he is no longer considering the Hurricanes.”
Hope this doesn’t take us out of the running for his cousin Woods.

Advertisement
Back