UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

Its Getting Hot In Here American Crime Story GIF by FX Networks

Advertisement
I don’t mind.

That’s what T-Rob is here to do & he has the credibility & respect to do it.

Don’t think we’ll get him but I have no problem with T-Rob doing his due diligence, because this kid is ELITE.

But with that said, normally when a 5-star CB from Florida commits this early, especially to a school like Oh State it means he’ll either stick with them because he got big $$$ or a SEC school will come in late & either match the offer or double it.

What I really hope to see, is T-Rob take a run at Denver Harris, that would be the biggest steal of all-time he if could pull it off.
Not a bad consolation prize for losing Mcclain if we indeed land him the second go round dont you think @Memnon ?

Advertisement
The problem that people have with waiting such a long time is that the pool for good OC’s diminishes on the daily the longer you wait... And it’s not as if people can blindly trust that the right hire will be made in the event that JG is finally fired.

It’s not as if we have all the time in the world to get whoever we want, there’s a limited amount of good OC’s that multiple teams are vying for & we’re putting ourselves at a disadvantage by wasting so much time. Miami isn’t exactly the most attractive landing spot for a top tier OC, so to treat this situation as if it’s a leisurely 36 holes of Golf at the local course on a whimsical Wednesday afternoon is bit bizarre considering it’s kind of an important need for the program, like it’s literally at the top of the list of things we need to get corrected in order to move forward as a team.

It’s being treated as if it’s no big deal & it’s kinda like the biggest deal lol, hence why people are upset. Not to mention, idk if you saw how we played last year, but coming off a losing season tends burn up the patience & benefit of the doubt that people are willing to give. If we were 8-4 last year, most wouldn’t care or be calling for the OC’s head, you can’t play as bad as we did on Offense resulting in a 5-7 season & then tell everyone to take it easy & relax lol

It’s like going to a historic museum & then breaking an ancient 10,000 year old artifact on display & telling the Museum conservators, “Calm down everything’s fine, I got some super glue & duct tape in my car, I’ll fix it, don’t worry about it!” Lol
I wish I could 100 this a million times! Post of the year thus far.

The problem that people have with waiting such a long time is that the pool for good OC’s diminishes on the daily the longer you wait... And it’s not as if people can blindly trust that the right hire will be made in the event that JG is finally fired.

It’s not as if we have all the time in the world to get whoever we want, there’s a limited amount of good OC’s that multiple teams are vying for & we’re putting ourselves at a disadvantage by wasting so much time. Miami isn’t exactly the most attractive landing spot for a top tier OC, so to treat this situation as if it’s a leisurely 36 holes of Golf at the local course on a whimsical Wednesday afternoon is bit bizarre considering it’s kind of an important need for the program, like it’s literally at the top of the list of things we need to get corrected in order to move forward as a team.

It’s being treated as if it’s no big deal & it’s kinda like the biggest deal lol, hence why people are upset. Not to mention, idk if you saw how we played last year, but coming off a losing season tends burn up the patience & benefit of the doubt that people are willing to give. If we were 8-4 last year, most wouldn’t care or be calling for the OC’s head, you can’t play as bad as we did on Offense resulting in a 5-7 season & then tell everyone to take it easy & relax lol

It’s like going to a historic museum & then breaking an ancient 10,000 year old artifact on display & telling the Museum conservators, “Calm down everything’s fine, I got some super glue & duct tape in my car, I’ll fix it, don’t worry about it!” Lol
I gotz 100- 10,000-12,000yr old artifacts...MFer breaks one....he's paying.

Alabama's season ended 12/31.
Clemson's seaons ended 12/30.
Miami's season ended 11/26.

There is literally no comparion. Clemson made a move in 13 days. We are on day 48. Alabama is only on day 13.
The fact that people are trying to compare things is mind blowing. If Bama and Clemson's season had ended Thanksgiving weekend weekend their new assistant coach would be a month into the job.
Again freaking Kentucky immediately fired their OC the day after their last game when Stoops knew the one guy he eas targeting wouldn't be available until after the NFL season. Meanwhile here in Miami, Mario is working on the 60-90 evaluation period mantra.

The fact that people are trying to compare things is mind blowing. If Bama and Clemson's season had ended Thanksgiving weekend weekend their new assistant coach would be a month into the job.
Again freaking Kentucky immediately fired their OC the day after their last game when Stoops knew the one guy he eas targeting wouldn't be available until after the NFL season. Meanwhile here in Miami, Mario is working on the 60-90 evaluation period mantra.

What reason do we have think Mario is even considering firing Gattis? At this point it’s approaching the it’d be a douchebag move to fire Gattis after so many vacancies are filled.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Doesn’t seem like Gattis is going anywhere. The more I think about it (and trust me I wanted him gone during the season), we weren’t good enough to pick up a first down with one yard to gain beginning with 2nd down. Our OLine was atrocious and our best OL was out the entire year. I am guessing at this point that Mario has given him a pass based upon a lack of linemen which made us one dimensional, especially when TVD went down. I even think Mario gives himself a pass based upon this which is why we have signed 40% of next year’s line in the portal this offseason. Add Zion to that and this is 60% of guys that weren’t here last year. Add Rivers (if he can come back quickly) and the freshmen and we will look entirely different in 23.

Having a run game will undoubtedly open the passing game. We should be happy that we have a legit QB that opened the run game by being a passing threat in 2021 as it shows he has tremendous skill as it normally doesn’t work this way. I will not vouch for Gattis as being a good OC as he didn’t do jack with the pieces that we had to make us better when we were up against a wall last year and I put our record on him (with the exception of MTSU). But I do believe that Mario likely sees it through this lens which is why he hasn’t been terminated as of yet. That being said, considering the obvious of what’s playing out with Cormani, I am wondering what John Ruiz’s tweet was about yesterday with great news on the horizon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back