UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

The problem that people have with waiting such a long time is that the pool for good OC’s diminishes on the daily the longer you wait... And it’s not as if people can blindly trust that the right hire will be made in the event that JG is finally fired.

It’s not as if we have all the time in the world to get whoever we want, there’s a limited amount of good OC’s that multiple teams are vying for & we’re putting ourselves at a disadvantage by wasting so much time. Miami isn’t exactly the most attractive landing spot for a top tier OC, so to treat this situation as if it’s a leisurely 36 holes of Golf at the local course on a whimsical Wednesday afternoon is bit bizarre considering it’s kind of an important need for the program, like it’s literally at the top of the list of things we need to get corrected in order to move forward as a team.

It’s being treated as if it’s no big deal & it’s kinda like the biggest deal lol, hence why people are upset. Not to mention, idk if you saw how we played last year, but coming off a losing season tends burn up the patience & benefit of the doubt that people are willing to give. If we were 8-4 last year, most wouldn’t care or be calling for the OC’s head, you can’t play as bad as we did on Offense resulting in a 5-7 season & then tell everyone to take it easy & relax lol

It’s like going to a historic museum & then breaking an ancient 10,000 year old artifact on display & telling the Museum conservators, “Calm down everything’s fine, I got some super glue & duct tape in my car, I’ll fix it, don’t worry about it!” Lol

Preach man.

The long *** delay in hiring last year cost us offensive recruits. This year, our lack of decisiveness if he's in fact fired, cost is more. Two years it's hurt us.

The one thing I'd disagree with in your post is that this isn't a desirable place to be an offensive coordinator. You literally have all the skill position guys you'd ever need in our backyard. That would draw in QB's. Mario has shown he can recruit the **** out of the OL.

Now that we're paying well, there's no excuse not to have a great OC. The only hangup is possibly Mario's vision for what he wants offensively. Get past that and the local talent base will make a good OC look great.

Advertisement
Preach man.

The long *** delay in hiring last year cost us offensive recruits. This year, our lack of decisiveness if he's in fact fired, cost is more. Two years it's hurt us.

The one thing I'd disagree with in your post is that this isn't a desirable place to be an offensive coordinator. You literally have all the skill position guys you'd ever need in our backyard. That would draw in QB's. Mario has shown he can recruit the **** out of the OL.

Now that we're paying well, there's no excuse not to have a great OC. The only hangup is possibly Mario's vision for what he wants offensively. Get past that and the local talent base will make a good OC look great.
I’m pretty sure junior day events will be happening over the next two weeks. I wish Mario would just say publicly I believe in our staff and what we’re building or let his *** go.

I can’t think of any benefits to let it linger this long. This is an area of weakness for Mario as a coach. His hiring/firing process takes too long. I’ve never seen anything like it.

I’m pretty sure junior day events will be happening over the next two weeks. I wish Mario would just say publicly I believe in our staff and what we’re building or let his *** go.

I can’t think of any benefits to let it linger this long. This is an area of weakness for Mario as a coach. His hiring/firing process takes too long. I’ve never seen anything like it.
Saban is literally doing the same thing rn. Dabo did his move today. Not saying this is ideal, but it’s not unprecedented.

If Saban and Dabo produced what we did Gattis would have been fired long ago. They would have set a tone by removing Gattis. Cristobal had an interview where he was saying something to the effect that the media bully previous coaches on the staff hires. That did not sound right to me, like oh they shouldn't question coaches job performance? Like i said, i look at this different, it sucks to be missing players but im more concerned of getting the right person more than getting players, whether he did it quick or slow. And thats not guaranteed as we saw last season. He conducts these long *** interview processes too. Didnt help with Gattis

Advertisement
Advertisement
The crazy part is that the people who are upset are then labeled mopers and are just negative. Completely ignoring that fact that the concern is warranted. This exact thing happened last year and look at the results but god forbid anyone even questioned the hire.

Here is what I predict, we will **** around and wait too long again. Gattis will get fired and Mario will make an okay hire that will then be exalted no matter what. Constructive criticism is utterly reviled on this forum. Those that do so are lumped in with a small outlier of posters that in fact are true mopers. It kills a good amount of discourse on the site.

The idea is to always strive and discuss how things could be better not slurp the status quo which has become a bar set so low around here that a midget couldn’t limbo.
People try to rationalize things that are completely out of their control.

Some resort to irrational positivity (attempting to shine a ****). That same line of thinking is that if you are irrationally trying to be positive in the face of something that appears to be negative, you will try to get others to agree with you to enforce that irrational line of thinking. That can also easily be irrationally negative too. That’s why this board seems to flip-flop so much.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The problem that people have with waiting such a long time is that the pool for good OC’s diminishes on the daily the longer you wait... And it’s not as if people can blindly trust that the right hire will be made in the event that JG is finally fired.

It’s not as if we have all the time in the world to get whoever we want, there’s a limited amount of good OC’s that multiple teams are vying for & we’re putting ourselves at a disadvantage by wasting so much time. Miami isn’t exactly the most attractive landing spot for a top tier OC, so to treat this situation as if it’s a leisurely 36 holes of Golf at the local course on a whimsical Wednesday afternoon is bit bizarre considering it’s kind of an important need for the program, like it’s literally at the top of the list of things we need to get corrected in order to move forward as a team.

It’s being treated as if it’s no big deal & it’s kinda like the biggest deal lol, hence why people are upset. Not to mention, idk if you saw how we played last year, but coming off a losing season tends burn up the patience & benefit of the doubt that people are willing to give. If we were 8-4 last year, most wouldn’t care or be calling for the OC’s head, you can’t play as bad as we did on Offense resulting in a 5-7 season & then tell everyone to take it easy & relax lol

It’s like going to a historic museum & then breaking an ancient 10,000 year old artifact on display & telling the Museum conservators, “Calm down everything’s fine, I got some super glue & duct tape in my car, I’ll fix it, don’t worry about it!” Lol

Lmao oh you been doing this fairytale rainbow gossiping *** bs :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Advertisement
Back