UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

Advertisement
This is why I feel *some* of the OC crying is a little unwarranted. Did kids go elsewhere over the uncertainty? Sure. But as I've continued to say, it's early January. Kids of the caliber of Singletary are now hitting the portal, and will continue to do so. This isn't even close to over. So while, in a perfect world, I'd have already fired Gattis, hired a massive upgrade as his replacement, and already locked down 2-3 portal WRs, this book isn't closed yet. Top 50 recruits are jumping into the portal it seems like every day, and it's not going to slow down. I get everyone is antsy, but I don't think it's insane to have some patience here.

I only said UF since they’ve been on him this entire time. He’s also from Jax. I just figured they’d have to make a run. Their collective could sell blood and ***** to raise money.
chelsea peretti ew GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

This is why I feel *some* of the OC crying is a little unwarranted. Did kids go elsewhere over the uncertainty? Sure. But as I've continued to say, it's early January. Kids of the caliber of Singletary are now hitting the portal, and will continue to do so. This isn't even close to over. So while, in a perfect world, I'd have already fired Gattis, hired a massive upgrade as his replacement, and already locked down 2-3 portal WRs, this book isn't closed yet. Top 50 recruits are jumping into the portal it seems like every day, and it's not going to slow down. I get everyone is antsy, but I don't think it's insane to have some patience here.
Tbf kids of Singletary's caliber have already hit the portal. Especially more productive ones. It's not like these guys are locks to come to Miami when they enter portal.

Advertisement
I believe I saw on UF 247 site that last day to enroll for Spring is tomorrow.

If Jaheim goes to UF he would have to enroll in May.

Maybe he doesn't mind waiting, but could be a factor that helps teams like us with later enrollment deadlines for spring.

Advertisement
View attachment 224572

wonder if the tune about addae changes if we land this kid. Not sure people realize he was the main recruiter for singletary at UGA
Muschamp was Jaheim’s primary recruiter and the reason he went to UGA. He was an off the field coach tho so coul not be listed as primary. Similar to DVD this year with Cormani

Advertisement
If he does fire Gattis, which I don’t think he will, how long before he hires a replacement? Right before spring ball?

If he does fire Gattis, which I don’t think he will, how long before he hires a replacement? Right before spring ball?

He hired Gattis on 2/7. I don't think it was the date of the hire that caused what we saw. I would be beyond shocked if it took that long this time, but it's certainly not unprecedented to wait this long or a little longer. How many coordinators moved around today? A dozen? How many more will tomorrow? Things are moving.

He hired Gattis on 2/7. I don't think it was the date of the hire that caused what we saw. I would be beyond shocked if it took that long this time, but it's certainly not unprecedented to wait this long or a little longer. How many coordinators moved around today? A dozen? How many more will tomorrow? Things are moving.
The problem that people have with waiting such a long time is that the pool for good OC’s diminishes on the daily the longer you wait... And it’s not as if people can blindly trust that the right hire will be made in the event that JG is finally fired.

It’s not as if we have all the time in the world to get whoever we want, there’s a limited amount of good OC’s that multiple teams are vying for & we’re putting ourselves at a disadvantage by wasting so much time. Miami isn’t exactly the most attractive landing spot for a top tier OC, so to treat this situation as if it’s a leisurely 36 holes of Golf at the local course on a whimsical Wednesday afternoon is bit bizarre considering it’s kind of an important need for the program, like it’s literally at the top of the list of things we need to get corrected in order to move forward as a team.

It’s being treated as if it’s no big deal & it’s kinda like the biggest deal lol, hence why people are upset. Not to mention, idk if you saw how we played last year, but coming off a losing season tends burn up the patience & benefit of the doubt that people are willing to give. If we were 8-4 last year, most wouldn’t care or be calling for the OC’s head, you can’t play as bad as we did on Offense resulting in a 5-7 season & then tell everyone to take it easy & relax lol

It’s like going to a historic museum & then breaking an ancient 10,000 year old artifact on display & telling the Museum conservators, “Calm down everything’s fine, I got some super glue & duct tape in my car, I’ll fix it, don’t worry about it!” Lol

Advertisement
The problem that people have with waiting such a long time is that the pool for good OC’s diminishes on the daily the longer you wait... And it’s not as if people can blindly trust that the right hire will be made in the event that JG is finally fired.

It’s not as if we have all the time in the world to get whoever we want, there’s a limited amount of good OC’s that multiple teams are vying for & we’re putting ourselves at a disadvantage by wasting so much time. Miami isn’t exactly the most attractive landing spot for a top tier OC, so to treat this situation as if it’s a leisurely 36 holes of Golf at the local course on a whimsical Wednesday afternoon is bit bizarre considering it’s kind of an important need for the program, like it’s literally at the top of the list of things we need to get corrected in order to move forward as a team.

It’s being treated as if it’s no big deal & it’s kinda like the biggest deal lol, hence why people are upset. Not to mention, idk if you saw how we played last year, but coming off a losing season tends burn up the patience & benefit of the doubt that people are willing to give. If we were 8-4 last year, most wouldn’t care or be calling for the OC’s head, you can’t play as bad as we did on Offense resulting in a 5-7 season & then tell everyone to take it easy & relax lol

It’s like going to a historic museum & then breaking an ancient 10,000 year old artifact on display & telling the Museum conservators, “Calm down everything’s fine, I got some super glue & duct tape in my car, I’ll fix it, don’t worry about it!” Lol
The crazy part is that the people who are upset are then labeled mopers and are just negative. Completely ignoring that fact that the concern is warranted. This exact thing happened last year and look at the results but god forbid anyone even questioned the hire.

Here is what I predict, we will **** around and wait too long again. Gattis will get fired and Mario will make an okay hire that will then be exalted no matter what. Constructive criticism is utterly reviled on this forum. Those that do so are lumped in with a small outlier of posters that in fact are true mopers. It kills a good amount of discourse on the site.

The idea is to always strive and discuss how things could be better not slurp the status quo which has become a bar set so low around here that a midget couldn’t limbo.

The crazy part is that the people who are upset are then labeled mopers and are just negative. Completely ignoring that fact that the concern is warranted. This exact thing happened last year and look at the results but god forbid anyone even questioned the hire.

Here is what I predict, we will **** around and wait too long again. Gattis will get fired and Mario will make an okay hire that will then be exalted no matter what. Constructive criticism is utterly reviled on this forum. Those that do so are lumped in with a small outlier of posters that in fact are true mopers. It kills a good amount of discourse on the site.

The idea is to always strive and discuss how things could be better not slurp the status quo which has become a bar set so low around here that a midget couldn’t limbo.
Would be nice.

I only said UF since they’ve been on him this entire time. He’s also from Jax. I just figured they’d have to make a run. Their collective could sell blood and ***** to raise money.

But would they actually pay that money out? The Rashadas say, "nah."

Advertisement
Back