UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

Advertisement
Just knowing the timing and sequencing of everything, Singletary feels like a heavy Cane lean. Not saying Bama or Georgia doesn't wine out if they do press hard for him. Just like the spot we're in. Get him and Wilson and it will be the best DB class on paper ever. As is, it's already up their with the historic Butch classes on paper (no, I'm not comparing anyone to Taylor, Reed or Rolle, just talking class quality).
It's nowhere near Butch's DB classes of 97-2000

Advertisement
For all the stuff that went down with Haselwood, his mother called Kirby and staff what they are : slick,used car salesmen
He's really really really really really really disliked by many people in Georgia but kids from there dream of playing there and then its esdy to trick the parents. The ones who regret going there are the one with no emotional ties to the program

I don't know. I won't ask. If he does I'm sure he'll tell me in due time. I'll say this much, the advisory council gave him a late 1st/early 2nd grade. I asked him if he thought about going back to improve his grade. He gave me a quick "Oh nah cuz, I'm out". He didn't elaborate, but do what you want with that. And I don't think he was as happy with his school choice after Day 1 of the draft. I know I wouldn't have been...
Appreciate you answering even with that detail!! Glad he at least got himself paid. Hopefully these guys with day 1-2 measurables start staying home. They will wind up in exactly the same place, if not better, now with TRob.

It's nowhere near Butch's DB classes of 97-2000
Apples to oranges, and that is with absolutely zero disrespect to those classes. Obviously we know what they turned into, but those guys weren’t 4-5 stars. It’s not to say these guys will develop into that, but as far as looking at it just from a heralded recruiting perspective, this class is up there. Hopefully they work hard and TRob and co develop them properly to reach their potential.

Apples to oranges, and that is with absolutely zero disrespect to those classes. Obviously we know what they turned into, but those guys weren’t 4-5 stars. It’s not to say these guys will develop into that, but as far as looking at it just from a heralded recruiting perspective, this class is up there. Hopefully they work hard and TRob and co develop them properly to reach their potential.
LOL you know boomer had been edging for a way to drop Butch into this thread.

After all, today us a day that ends in "y."

Advertisement
he said "on paper"

Yeah, I definitely meant no disrespect to our Pro Bowlers. I'm just saying if you were to look at a DB class of the kids already committed + Singletary + Wilson, it would be off the charts and most likely the best DB class we've ever had based on their high school performance and evaluations. What they do in college and the pros is TBD.

I would agree if it were true , I have alot to be thrown in my face the last decade here , I mean I defended Al amd Dorito up to Unc when the te ran wide open for a half. I believe that was early year 3

Al Golden got to be a TE coach in the NFL because they were very confused about his resume stating "He got a bunch of TEs drafted."

Advertisement
he said "on paper"
I'm well aware of that...Point is..on paper in 2021 is an entirely different story than 97-2000...Recruiting was massively different...and so was evaluations...Butch (and most importantly) his staff....Took 2 and 3* kids...and turned them into AAs...All Pro's...and in one case a NFL HOFer....

I'm well aware of that...Point is..on paper in 2021 is an entirely different story than 97-2000...Recruiting was massively different...and so was evaluations...Butch (and most importantly) his staff....Took 2 and 3* kids...and turned them into AAs...All Pro's...and in one case a NFL HOFer....
You just proved the exact point everyone is making. Butch took 2 or 3 star kids and developed them. Yes recruiting was different, but those guys were not 4 and 5 star recruits. Kudos to Butch, your cousin, and the staff for finding them and coaching them up, but they weren’t heavily recruited guys that they had to beat the top teams to get.

Advertisement
Which exact class though? You have a spam there of 4 years and not one specific class.

Which exact class though? You have a spam there of 4 years and not one specific class.
Pick any of them...this class was 97/98 and was ranked #1 in America in 2000...in 99 they didn't give up a TD pass the last 27 quarters of the season....no 4 or 5* kids whatsoever....our DB coaching was beyond elite...even after 2000 till 04 they were elite...and were all Butch's kids aside from Antrell.
27067182_1894365150605221_5466215118510195824_n.jpg

Last edited:
You just proved the exact point everyone is making. Butch took 2 or 3 star kids and developed them. Yes recruiting was different, but those guys were not 4 and 5 star recruits. Kudos to Butch, your cousin, and the staff for finding them and coaching them up, but they weren’t heavily recruited guys that they had to beat the top teams to get.

These comparisons are not based in reality and the level of "service"/"visibility" from the industry at large was non-existent compared to how it is now.

Social media literally did not exist.

Advertisement
Back