UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

This kid could start day 1 and threaten for All ACC honors. Coverage skills are elite. Looks smooth in his backpeddle, great hips (pause), comfortable in man coverage on an island. Was trying hard to not get my hopes up when all the rumors first came out but I couldn't help myself anymore lol
U better had hit the pause button bc u knew I was cumin (pause).

Advertisement
New story up on ITU:
https://247sports.com/college/miami...Ohio-State-cornerback-Jacksonville-168753796/

Some key passages:
“I’m really just focusing on the season and letting everything play out. I’m going to take a couple more official visits in the fall. I know that I’m for sure setting one up with Miami and then probably taking two others. I’m just going to let it play out and talk to everybody. Just keep my commutation good and build a relationship with the coaches that I want to build a relationship with and then make a decision when I feel like it's time."
“T-Rob has just been a good dude since I met him," Singletary explained. "He was one of the first coaches who really like believed in me. He always told me from the jump that I was going to be a top DB and that I’m blessed and that I just need to keep working. He just has always believed in me even when I wasn’t showing interest in South Carolina and he was at South Carolina. He was always hitting my phone just being like, ‘Give me a chance.’ T-Rob is just a good dude all around.”
Definitely reads like UM is out front here between the love for TRob and OV talk. "For sure visiting Miami," but just ""probably taking two others." Reinforces some of what we have heard.

Does anybody have an idea on timeframe? Is this a signing day decision? The kid posted he was gonna enjoy his season and Mansell said he didn’t think it would last until signing day.

TRob is a walking, talking example of what you need to do to win big at Miami. If we had a TRob at every position group, we would be "back" in every way that matters.

The problem Miami has is every time we fix one issue, every time we plug one leak (CB's) another one springs up (LB's). It's like we can never get everything going at the same time.

Amigo, relax. This isn't a one year rebuild. Year 1 Diaz rebuilt the entire offensive staff. Year 2 he rebuilt almost the entire defensive staff. Only crazy people who don't understand football think a coach in his first year is going to retool both sides of the ball at the same time. That's too many moving parts. Most coaches in that position will try to have consistency on one side of the ball while addressing the other instead of 100% staff turnover. Diaz hired the two very best coaches/recruiters to fix the issues at LB and CB after year 2. One of them ended up leaving a few weeks after being hired. Diaz went to plan B in Aristide at LB. Maybe give Ish an evaluation window of at least 12 months before throwing him overboard instead of saying "Well he hasn't landed multiple blue chips within 3 months of hiring so he stinks. If he doesn't work out, Diaz has shown he doesn't have an issue with making a quick decision and upgrading the position coaches.

Advertisement
I’ve been sayin this since coker. fans think Um’s greatness was all players. It’s led to the view that anyone can coach this team. It’s completely wrong. We were blessed with some amazing coaches. Jimmy is one of the best ever. Howard built it, was a legend and if he never leaves Miami he’s Saban imo. Dennis was one of the inventors of the modern spread, brilliant football guy who got hired twice in the nfl, and still crashed the ship because he was a lazy drunk who didn’t evaluate well enough as a recruiter. Butch was perhaps the best talent evaluator ever. Since then we’ve had nothing. No great talent evaluation, no truly innovative schemes, no great leadership. Just scarecrows the admin can hire to fill the seat and pretend like they fit in.
Facts

Holy crap, I’m booting anyone who laments the state of freaking Miami football AGAIN in this thread about A FIVE STAR CORNERBACK who's on the precipice of PICKING MIAMI.

200.gif
Get Out Episode 3 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race
Go Away GIF by Bounce
Get Out Leave GIF

Does anybody have an idea on timeframe? Is this a signing day decision? The kid posted he was gonna enjoy his season and Mansell said he didn’t think it would last until signing day.
He hasn’t given a timeline. He said in interview to Ivins “that everything is wide open right now. I’m just focusing on the season and letting everything play out”. However, both things can be true, he can play his season, take his visits and still commit before ESD.

Advertisement
This just feels like a commitment waiting to happen right after he OV's to us. Things can change but all signs point to us (pool party visit, de-committment from OSU right after, loves T-Rob, talking with our current players, etc.) My guess is this kid will announce during or right after visiting us just like Rogers, Fegans, etc.

This just feels like a commitment waiting to happen right after he OV's to us. Things can change but all signs point to us (pool party visit, de-committment from OSU right after, loves T-Rob, talking with our current players, etc.) My guess is this kid will announce during or right after visiting us just like Rogers, Fegans, etc.
The vibe I've always had especially since Gaby reported the facetime but got quiet afterwards was there was DEEP interest that they did not want out to control the narrative. Even now not too many details out and that's smart but based on everything that's been known I could easily see him committing to the coaches in private and recruiting up until ESD leading to just a huge day

The vibe I've always had especially since Gaby reported the facetime but got quiet afterwards was there was DEEP interest that they did not want out to control the narrative. Even now not too many details out and that's smart but based on everything that's been known I could easily see him committing to the coaches in private and recruiting up until ESD leading to just a huge day
And no pictures from the visit. I figured initially it was out of respect to OSU since he was still committed. Maybe he’s just keeping all of it down low.

Pretty clear there are a few big time kids out there waiting to see how our season goes. I don't blame them, this is a big life choice. It's a 40 year decision as they say. I say that, got forbid you don't make enough in the NFL to retire, and unless you want to work at a car dealership in Tuscaloosa or Gainesville or one of the other podunk towns, why would you not want to be a legend in Miami for 40 years, and enjoy relationships with the celebs, rock stars, models, CEO's and all the other successful people that are drawn to our world class city regardless of football. There is a reason over 20,000,000 people flock to visit Miami each year. It's where the world wants to be.

Advertisement
Ivins posted the article he wrote on the Bama board, too. It got very little reaction; the feeling there seems to be he isn't really in play for them. Their 247 reporter pretty much said unless he actually visits there isn't much to moniter
This is remarkably low buzz for a 5* DB decommitment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back