UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

Advertisement
What that means?
The sun don’t shine in Duval the way it does in Miami brother.

Duval Mentality= Won’t be caught dancing with other men in the locker room. Often seen walking out of the gas station on a perfectly beautiful day mean mugging for no reason just in case someone happens to look in his direction. Don’t honk at me in traffic, **** ain’t sweet. TF you staring at! Nah don’t shake my hand, I don’t know you....

catch my drift?

please.. all you gotta do is look at 2017 to see how wrong you are. We had more hype than anybody until we didn't.. and that was with Rosier as quarterback. The right players and the right coaches and the stars are the limit.
Eh, that team still finished 10-3. Even if they had defeated Pitt, they were outclassed by a Clemson team with a mediocre quarterback. That said, the ceiling for this program is much higher than that. It's never going to be like it was in the 80's and early 90's where we were literally winning the national championship every other year and playing for it almost every season. We can, however make occasional championship runs while contending for conference titles annually. So, while the other poster branded us "Virginia Tech", I say our ceiling is much higher. The Clemson model is probably this program's most realistic avenue to get back into contender status. They were an ACC also-ran for decades before slowly building up their program's status by stringing together solid seasons and attracting better and better talent, mostly at the QB position (the one spot that makes the biggest impact in sports). Nobody was calling Dabo a coaching genius. Especially those first 2 or 3 years where they didn't seem to make much progress. Miami isn't going to be able to pull an Alabama or Georgia type of move where they hire a new coach and all of the sudden they start signing the top recruiting class every year like magic. It's got to be a more gradual, grass roots movement.

Holy crap, I’m booting anyone who laments the state of freaking Miami football AGAIN in this thread about A FIVE STAR CORNERBACK who's on the precipice of PICKING MIAMI.

200.gif

Advertisement
Eh, that team still finished 10-3. Even if they had defeated Pitt, they were outclassed by a Clemson team with a mediocre quarterback. That said, the ceiling for this program is much higher than that. It's never going to be like it was in the 80's and early 90's where we were literally winning the national championship every other year and playing for it almost every season. We can, however make occasional championship runs while contending for conference titles annually. So, while the other poster branded us "Virginia Tech", I say our ceiling is much higher. The Clemson model is probably this program's most realistic avenue to get back into contender status. They were an ACC also-ran for decades before slowly building up their program's status by stringing together solid seasons and attracting better and better talent, mostly at the QB position (the one spot that makes the biggest impact in sports). Nobody was calling Dabo a coaching genius. Especially those first 2 or 3 years where they didn't seem to make much progress. Miami isn't going to be able to pull an Alabama or Georgia type of move where they hire a new coach and all of the sudden they start signing the top recruiting class every year like magic. It's got to be a more gradual, grass roots movement.
I agree, I'm saying even with smoke and mirrors we were 10-0 and on top of the world ranked #2 for some reason. The hype was out of control. MR was bringing the U back and all that. It's just that easy.. respected coach and wins. Dabo wasn't respected until he was. Sustaining it is a whole different story. I'd take the clemson model in a heart beat. We start winning and keeping the $ec from taking the best players and the talent level becomes a little more even. Then you don't have to jump up when you punch, you can actually punch with your feet planted.

Holy crap, I’m booting anyone who laments the state of freaking Miami football AGAIN in this thread about A FIVE STAR CORNERBACK who's on the precipice of PICKING MIAMI.

200.gif
It’s like telling a hot girl that been hitting you up that you just tested positive for herpes.
Dudes just love to argue on here and see who can possibly be more negative about the state of Miami. The very first thing I said to myself when i began reading cis “either these people are stupid as **** or they’re fans of other teams purposely saying the worst sht and the worst possible time”.

Advertisement
New story up on ITU:
https://247sports.com/college/miami...Ohio-State-cornerback-Jacksonville-168753796/

Some key passages:
“I’m really just focusing on the season and letting everything play out. I’m going to take a couple more official visits in the fall. I know that I’m for sure setting one up with Miami and then probably taking two others. I’m just going to let it play out and talk to everybody. Just keep my commutation good and build a relationship with the coaches that I want to build a relationship with and then make a decision when I feel like it's time."
“T-Rob has just been a good dude since I met him," Singletary explained. "He was one of the first coaches who really like believed in me. He always told me from the jump that I was going to be a top DB and that I’m blessed and that I just need to keep working. He just has always believed in me even when I wasn’t showing interest in South Carolina and he was at South Carolina. He was always hitting my phone just being like, ‘Give me a chance.’ T-Rob is just a good dude all around.”

Advertisement
please.. all you gotta do is look at 2017 to see how wrong you are. We had more hype than anybody until we didn't.. and that was with Rosier as quarterback. The right players and the right coaches and the stars are the limit.

TRob is a walking, talking example of what you need to do to win big at Miami. If we had a TRob at every position group, we would be "back" in every way that matters.

The problem Miami has is every time we fix one issue, every time we plug one leak (CB's) another one springs up (LB's). It's like we can never get everything going at the same time.

Advertisement
TRob is a walking, talking example of what you need to do to win big at Miami. If we had a TRob at every position group, we would be "back" in every way that matters.

The problem Miami has is every time we fix one issue, every time we plug one leak (CB's) another one springs up (LB's). It's like we can never get everything going at the same time.
Agreed, with the right coaches like TRob we land guys like Singletary.. and that's how we get the ball rolling downhill.

Advertisement
Back