UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

1) Manny has been here since 2016, maybe not as an HC but still..
2) Its easy to have gotten better when you go 6-7 in the first year with a loss to FIU, you can only go up from there. What makes year 1 so much worse is point #1, half the team were his players that he recruited and selected. And then when you couple that with how we ended season 2, its easy to lump this right back into the pattern we have seen over the last 15 years.

I get it. But we had a lot of issues when he took over on the offensive side of the ball. We played a 265 pound true freshman at tackle. Richt did him no favors. Furthermore, Since he’s been the head coach, which means he has all the say on recruiting, he’s done a heck of a job. I can’t fault any coach for 6-7 year 1. Under that theory you would have been pretty nervous to have Dabo as head coach because after his first year ( 4-3 ) he went 9-5, 6-7. It took him 3 seasons to win 10
Games. Miami fans would have wanted him fired. The point is, i don’t know how Manny is gonna be as coach. But he’s recruited the last two classes extremely well. Last year elite. Im
not at all hating on what you said. Just making a point

Advertisement
OMG I just realized how bad it's been.

December 30, 2005Peach BowlLLouisiana State340
December 31, 2006MPC Computers BowlWNevada2120
December 27, 2008Emerald BowlLCalifornia1724
December 29, 2009Champs Sports BowlLWisconsin1420
December 31, 2010Sun BowlLNotre Dame1733
December 28, 2013Russell Athletic BowlLLouisville936
December 27, 2014Independence BowlLSouth Carolina2124
December 26, 2015Sun BowlLWashington State1420
December 28, 2016Russell Athletic BowlWWest Virginia3114
December 30, 2017Orange BowlLWisconsin2434
December 27, 2018Pinstripe BowlLWisconsin335
December 26, 2019Independence BowlLLouisiana Tech014
December 29, 2020Cheez-It BowlLOklahoma State3437
Awful

OMG I just realized how bad it's been.

December 30, 2005Peach BowlLLouisiana State340
December 31, 2006MPC Computers BowlWNevada2120
December 27, 2008Emerald BowlLCalifornia1724
December 29, 2009Champs Sports BowlLWisconsin1420
December 31, 2010Sun BowlLNotre Dame1733
December 28, 2013Russell Athletic BowlLLouisville936
December 27, 2014Independence BowlLSouth Carolina2124
December 26, 2015Sun BowlLWashington State1420
December 28, 2016Russell Athletic BowlWWest Virginia3114
December 30, 2017Orange BowlLWisconsin2434
December 27, 2018Pinstripe BowlLWisconsin335
December 26, 2019Independence BowlLLouisiana Tech014
December 29, 2020Cheez-It BowlLOklahoma State3437
No No not in thread guys!!! Go to Cane tears. Oh wait.

It would be huge to get Singletary and Stewart from this list.

1. WR Travis Hunter, Suwanee (Ga.) Collins Hill -- Committed to Florida State

2. IDL Walter Nolen, Powell (Tenn.) High -- undecided

3. IDL Travis Shaw, Greensboro (N.C.) Grimsley -- undecided

4. QB Cade Klubnik, Austin (Texas) Westlake -- Clemson

5. Edge Jeremiah Alexander, Alabaster (Ala.) Thompson -- Alabama

6. CB Denver Harris, Houston (Texas) North Shore -- undecided

7. Edge Shemar Stewart, Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace -- undecided

8. Edge Marvin Jones, Jr., Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage -- undecided

9. CB Jaheim Singletary, Jacksonville (Fla.) Robert E. Lee -- undecided

(My lame attempt to get back on topic).
10. IDL Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy, Lakeland (Fla.) High -- undecided
My friends that went to Grimsley say Shaw is Clemson’s to lose.

First of all, try to stay on track with the actual topic of this thread.

My post, and I have to explain this because apparently you completely misunderstood, was directed towards the consternation regarding having too many good corners/DBs in the recruiting class, and therefore losing other recruits/current players. Therefore, we should never be afraid of pursuing too many good players for a specific position group. In this case, DB. Totally on topic.

If my coarse humor somehow offends you, let me apologize now. It’s difficult for me to gauge which of you guys is sensitive about these things and who isn’t. I will try to moderate my language to a more gentle tone to better accommodate your sensibilities, if I think you will participate in a thread. As long as we stay on topic, I think we’re good.
I honestly don’t care what words you use in your posts and am not easily offended. So no need to worry about my ‘sensibilities.’ But if you’re going to be cavalier about ‘course humor’, then maybe try not to be defensive and thin-skinned when someone disagrees with you. Lest they think it’s not about the humor.

On the substance, I agree (strongly) that we shouldn’t wory at all about over-recruiting a position.

Advertisement
If im in charge of making edits I'm selling the 3-0-Fly Zone ( Graves, Fegans and Rogers) and the " Take Dat Crew" ( Williams, Singletary and Wilson). Both big 3s with different but future dominant styles

I get it. But we had a lot of issues when he took over on the offensive side of the ball. We played a 265 pound true freshman at tackle. Richt did him no favors. Furthermore, Since he’s been the head coach, which means he has all the say on recruiting, he’s done a heck of a job. I can’t fault any coach for 6-7 year 1. Under that theory you would have been pretty nervous to have Dabo as head coach because after his first year ( 4-3 ) he went 9-5, 6-7. It took him 3 seasons to win 10
Games. Miami fans would have wanted him fired. The point is, i don’t know how Manny is gonna be as coach. But he’s recruited the last two classes extremely well. Last year elite. Im
What’s any of this have to do with singletary?

He Posted this today
AF0CD53D-7615-4BC0-8F94-211E2F1F5F0C.jpeg

Advertisement
We went 6-7 after Manny had been here for the previous 3 years as DC, that’s not on Richt and yes I would have been nervous about Dabo but he is an outlier plain and simple. Maybe Manny is as well, numbers say that is unlikely. Would love to be wrong, I just want our program to win again…

We went 6-7 after Manny had been here for the previous 3 years as DC, that’s not on Richt and yes I would have been nervous about Dabo but he is an outlier plain and simple. Maybe Manny is as well, numbers say that is unlikely. Would love to be wrong, I just want our program to win again…
It’s amzing how many people act like Manny was coaching somewhere else efore coming here.

That year is an unusual barometer. Worst kicker in football, pothead qb. Etc. I give him a pass.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Depends on what you mean by "win again."

Miami will never return to the glory years. Too many Cane fans think all we need is a "great coach" like Saban or Sweeney or whoever and everything will just fall into place. They aint living in the present, they're stuck on history.

The entire landscape has changed. One coach, i dont care if he's the second coming of Lombardi, aint gonna make a dimes worth of difference. Maybe Lombardi would get us to top 20 status every year but aint no coach in existence gonna get us to perennial national title contender status. UNLESS the program has the "resources" to compete at the highest level, has the willingness and patience to invest those "resources" into the football program including the requisite handlers, family advisors, foundations, churches and the rest of the infrastructure you need, and most importantly is ALLOWED to play by the same rules as the good ol boys.

This program was once threatened with the death penalty because of a Ponzi scheming weirdo who treated the guys to free steak dinners and yachts and whatever. Meanwhile, Bama, Clemson, OSU etc are allowed to literally spend MILLIONS each year paying six figures to the top recruits and no one does **** about it.

We are Virginia Tech right now, we will contend occasionally when we have the right mixture of luck/depth/QB.

Depends on what you mean by "win again."

Miami will never return to the glory years. Too many Cane fans think all we need is a "great coach" like Saban or Sweeney or whoever and everything will just fall into place. They aint living in the present, they're stuck on history.

The entire landscape has changed. One coach, i dont care if he's the second coming of Lombardi, aint gonna make a dimes worth of difference. Maybe Lombardi would get us to top 20 status every year but aint no coach in existence gonna get us to perennial national title contender status. UNLESS the program has the "resources" to compete at the highest level, has the willingness and patience to invest those "resources" into the football program including the requisite handlers, family advisors, foundations, churches and the rest of the infrastructure you need, and most importantly is ALLOWED to play by the same rules as the good ol boys.

This program was once threatened with the death penalty because of a Ponzi scheming weirdo who treated the guys to free steak dinners and yachts and whatever. Meanwhile, Bama, Clemson, OSU etc are allowed to literally spend MILLIONS each year paying six figures to the top recruits and no one does **** about it.

We are Virginia Tech right now, we will contend occasionally when we have the right mixture of luck/depth/QB.
Weird comment, imo. I totally disagree with the ‘times have changed’ explanation. Before Howard, the program was irrelevant nationally. One Howard changed that. One Jimmy built it up. One Dennis won a couple titles. One Butch rebuilt it. What thry had in common is that despite some flaws in them, they were fantastic football coaches, all became NFL coaches, and Jimmy and Butch were probably the two best talent evaluators of their generation.

We follow that up with five straight coaches who were terrible hires, not good, not ready, not committed, not prepared, or some mix of all that.

There is ZERO reason to think a legit top cfb coach couldn’t make Miami a legit top cfb team. Not saying dominate like the ‘80s, but nationally relevant. If you hire a clown to fix your HVAC system, don’t act surprised that it never seems to work. If you do it over snd over, don’t convince yourself that no one can fix the system because ‘systems have changed.’ CFB is competitive and if you don’t have a really good coach and program, you won’t win. But that’s essentially always been true.

Advertisement
Back