UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

Three Top 10 CBs?

Animated GIF
lucious lyon wtf GIF

Advertisement
I swear to Odin, anybody talking about dropping people, transfers, etc, or any of that kind of fūckery should just permanently log off.

Same type of buffoonery as panicky crying over not having enough recruits a couple of weeks ago, or the moist sanitary napkin crowd weeping about Spells. It’s always the same limp-wristed simpletons trying to snatch a little momentum from the jaws of victory and trying to put it in the L column.
Because we’ve had so many Ws and so few Ls the past 2 decades?

It’s posts like yours that flame bait the disputes around here. People concerned about recruiting aren’t crazy and don’t need to be called slurs. You can drop the super-fan shtick.

Because we’ve had so many Ws and so few Ls the past 2 decades?

It’s posts like yours that flame bait the disputes around here. People concerned about recruiting aren’t crazy and don’t need to be called slurs. You can drop the super-fan shtick.

What does a coaching staff from 10 years ago have to do with the current situation?

Mansell keeping the Dawg hopes alive. Had one of his weekly "Ask Rusty" threads.. People on that board STILL asking him if Singletary was there last weekend... They cannot let it go...

He told them he believes Singletary ends up in their class. Exactly what they want to hear. Seemed to imply it wouldn't go to signing day, either.

They are on a few big time guys and for every question about them he gives the same answer "They are on them HARD " - (with "hard" capitalized and boldened, I might add) we can guess what that also means....
Yep he’s telling them they land both Singletary and Bouie with Bouie going all the way to December. He did tell them AGAIN that Singletary was not there this week.

Advertisement
No OV’s but various Unofficial visits with this weekends being the first public one.
Yep! We heard rumors of the secret visits/trysts but he finally went public. After the 2 day visit he knew what he had to do. OSU knew he was going to leave them they just wasn’t sure for who. Miami is in a great spot with Singletary and we still have an official left!

What does a coaching staff from 10 years ago have to do with the current situation?
Is that a serious question? Define the time frame however you want, I guess. Manny hasn’t exactly been stacking banners like he’s a break in the pattern. If you can’t see a pattern, I don’t know what to tell you. We all may hope this time it’s different, but when posters jump on the high horse and start calling other people names based on some scant perceived off-season recruiting momentum, it’s pretty silly. Defending that mindset is equally silly.

Is that a serious question? Define the time frame however you want, I guess. Manny hasn’t exactly been stacking banners like he’s a break in the pattern. If you can’t see a pattern, I don’t know what to tell you. We all may hope this time it’s different, but when posters jump on the high horse and start calling other people names based on some scant perceived off-season recruiting momentum, it’s pretty silly. Defending that mindset is equally silly.

I’m with everything you said, but i’m gonna be fair. He’s been here two years. The team has gotten better. But that’s the problem getting stomped the final game, along with losing a bowl game. Can this team win a freakin bowl game? It’s been forever since we did that. I’ll say this. Diaz has proven to recruit. Weather that’s through the portal, or with high school recruits.

Advertisement
I’m with everything you said, but i’m gonna be fair. He’s been here two years. The team has gotten better. But that’s the problem getting stomped the final game, along with losing a bowl game. Can this team win a freakin bowl game? It’s been forever since we did that. I’ll say this. Diaz has proven to recruit. Weather that’s through the portal, or with high school recruits.
OMG I just realized how bad it's been.

December 30, 2005Peach BowlLLouisiana State340
December 31, 2006MPC Computers BowlWNevada2120
December 27, 2008Emerald BowlLCalifornia1724
December 29, 2009Champs Sports BowlLWisconsin1420
December 31, 2010Sun BowlLNotre Dame1733
December 28, 2013Russell Athletic BowlLLouisville936
December 27, 2014Independence BowlLSouth Carolina2124
December 26, 2015Sun BowlLWashington State1420
December 28, 2016Russell Athletic BowlWWest Virginia3114
December 30, 2017Orange BowlLWisconsin2434
December 27, 2018Pinstripe BowlLWisconsin335
December 26, 2019Independence BowlLLouisiana Tech014
December 29, 2020Cheez-It BowlLOklahoma State3437

I had removed that La Tech and Wisconsin bowl game where we were destroyed out of my mind. Why did you have to remind me?

This is why we have become a laughing stock. This reason alone. Bowl games are incredibly important and we fail time and time again. I expect us to win one this year against a marquee opponent. My guess is UF

yeah unbelievable to say the least what a run its been

Advertisement
1) Manny has been here since 2016, maybe not as an HC but still..
2) Its easy to have gotten better when you go 6-7 in the first year with a loss to FIU, you can only go up from there. What makes year 1 so much worse is point #1, half the team were his players that he recruited and selected. And then when you couple that with how we ended season 2, its easy to lump this right back into the pattern we have seen over the last 15 years.

2) Its easy to have gotten better when you go 6-7 in the first year with a loss to FIU, you can only go up from there. What makes year 1 so much worse is point #1, half the team were his players that he recruited and selected. And then when you couple that with how we ended season 2, its easy to lump this right back into the pattern we have seen over the last 15 years.
I agree but Manny has been the first coach in a while to address his flaws head on. He might not have been my choice but the guy adjusts very quickly.

I'm not a Diaz apologist and have been pretty critical of him (and his hiring) over the years, but the "half the team" that were Diaz's recruits was the half of the team that finished the season ranked 23rd in the country in points per game allowed. The half of the team that he didn't recruit was ranked 90th in points per game scored. No doubt the defense could have done more in 2019, and Penos was Diaz's hire, but that total lack of offensive production (especially at QB) was the real culprit.

Your point regarding the quality of those end of season losses absolutely stands. Finishing out with losses to FIU, Duke, and La Tech was atrocious. And I'll also add that GT loss as unforgivable given the circumstances and offensive scheme change. Fact remains he did improve the record in 2020 under less than ideal circumstances, though even then we still lost a bowl game against a team we could have beat, and got blown out at home by a UNC team that lost to Forfeit State. That UNC loss and how it went down was a straight embarrassment to the program.

All that said, I have no written him off and I believe his year will be telling. Either he'll win 10+ games (with no embarrassing losses) and start to earn himself a bit of trust/faith from the fanbase, we'll have another middling season (which doesn't match the talent on the team), or he does even worse and maybe manages to get himself fired. I'm rooting for the first option. Anything less than that and the dogpile on him will be 100% warranted, IMO.

Advertisement
I'm not a Diaz apologist and have been pretty critical of him (and his hiring) over the years, but the "half the team" that were Diaz's recruits was the half of the team that finished the season ranked 23rd in the country in points per game allowed. The half of the team that he didn't recruit was ranked 90th in points per game scored. No doubt the defense could have done more in 2019, and Penos was Diaz's hire, but that total lack of offensive production (especially at QB) was the real culprit.

Your point regarding the quality of those end of season losses absolutely stands. Finishing out with losses to FIU, Duke, and La Tech was atrocious. And I'll also add that GT loss as unforgivable given the circumstances and offensive scheme change. Fact remains he did improve the record in 2020 under less than ideal circumstances, though even then we still lost a bowl game against a team we could have beat, and got blown out at home by a UNC team that lost to Forfeit State. That UNC loss and how it went down was a straight embarrassment to the program.

All that said, I have no written him off and I believe his year will be telling. Either he'll win 10+ games (with no embarrassing losses) and start to earn himself a bit of trust/faith from the fanbase, we'll have another middling season (which doesn't match the talent on the team), or he does even worse and maybe manages to get himself fired. I'm rooting for the first option. Anything less than that and the dogpile on him will be 100% warranted, IMO.
Well clearly this will all be solved by Singletary….

This is why the board loses posters interest…

Advertisement
Back