UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

To me this has the same feel the weeks of VT and ND games did back in 2017. Not saying we are gonna win but the players seem to have a quiet confidence about them.
Hmmm, I don’t know how you can feel that way. We were on a massive winning streak in 16 leading to 17. By the time v tech and Notre dame it had to be close to 15 in a row right? This year we are coming off b2b losses with one being in brutal beat down fashion. Opening the season against the defending champs coming off 2 straight losses to end the previous season.

im really excited for the year but those B2b weeks in 17 were completely different than this animal

Advertisement
Hmmm, I don’t know how you can feel that way. We were on a massive winning streak in 16 leading to 17. By the time v tech and Notre dame it had to be close to 15 in a row right? This year we are coming off b2b losses with one being in brutal beat down fashion. Opening the season against the defending champs coming off 2 straight losses to end the previous season.

im really excited for the year but those B2b weeks in 17 were completely different than this animal
I’m saying in a way the team is carrying themselves. Those two weeks are the only time period where the team didn’t seem mentally weak, in the last 15 years or so. They have that same moxie to them right now. This is more of an off the field thing than on the field.

I admittedly skipped some pages on the back side of this thread, is there any feel to when another move might hit with this guy?

I swear you’d think 20-21 Bama was walking through that door lol. They’re having to reload like they’ve never had to before. For the first time in forever we return majority of our team and have a lot of upperclassman back. Which is very rare. So im sorry I’m not shaking in my boots or scared to death.

Advertisement
I admittedly skipped some pages on the back side of this thread, is there any feel to when another move might hit with this guy?

Nah nothing yet, regardless it is a recruiting battle that will go the distance. Some people are "guessing" he is a silent, twitter insiders are in full force with their "flip" gifs. Jaheim tweeted he is focused on the season and basically said yall can have the rumors. Retweeted official offers from us, OSU, UF, Oregon, UGA and Mich.

Also all this bama talk, anyone see where Jeudy said Broncos training camp is easier than college at bama?

I don’t subscribe to the strict constructionist Webster’s definition of what constitutes a fan. To me a fan is someone who loves and supports a team through good and bad. That fan can have an honest assessment of where their team stands on an abilities scale compared to the top team, find his team’s abilities to not be at the top level and still love his team.
There's a difference in being realistic about our chances vs flat out saying we have no shot.

Those type of fans don't even believe the defeatist crap they post or they wouldn't bother to watch the game.

If you want to say that chances are Miami gets mauled, I can understand that.
If you make a definitive statement that Miami is going to get its *** kicked, then I think that makes you a pathetic fan as you have given up before it starts. Anyone who thinks we have zero chance of winning any game has a loser mentality.
We always have a chance for an upset. Dwins, who said we’re gonna get mauled, will be rooting for that but definitely not counting on it. I won’t count on it either. The odds in Vegas are like 18 points. It’s not a stretch to say we’re gonna get crushed based on what we’re looking at. Each of us has an embarrassing number of posts on this message board. We’re fans and we’re loyal fans.

Realistically, I would be good with playing Bama tough. The gaytors thought they’d destroy us a couple years ago. We almost won that game. We didn’t walk out in shame. That’s what I hope for at a minimum. I think our season will mostly be judged on UNC, FSU and those types of games within our tier.

Advertisement
There's a difference in being realistic about our chances vs flat out saying we have no shot.

Those type of fans don't even believe the defeatist crap they post or they wouldn't bother to watch the game.
I think someone can say they think we’re gonna get crushed by Bama and know that there’s always a chance we could win. The spread is 18 points for a reason but upsets occur. The odds of an upset in a game with an 18 point spread can’t be super high. If it happens we’ll all be thrilled but we’re not expecting it…. at least I’m not.

Advertisement
With Ivey, Blades and Stevenson all leaving and Couch possibly jumping too they should feel like they all could come in and play right away. Are Dunson, Clarke and Curtis really gonna keep those 4 off the field?

They might, I know new and younger players are always better but experience also matters.

Advertisement
I think someone can say they think we’re gonna get crushed by Bama and know that there’s always a chance we could win. The spread is 18 points for a reason but upsets occur. The odds of an upset in a game with an 18 point spread can’t be super high. If it happens we’ll all be thrilled but we’re not expecting it…. at least I’m not.

He didn't say he thinks were going to get crushed by Bama. He said it is a fact we are going to get mauled. I draw a line between the former and the latter. In any event, I'll rest my case on this so we don't derail the thread any further. I've held my fire on Dwins for a while, even when he says infuriating things like "there is no reason for a recruit to pick Miami over Bama." I probably shouldn't have said anything here- I realized the best thing is just to put him and others on ignore instead of pushing this thread in a different direction.

How about that Singletary? CB recruiting is a lot more fun to watch now.

I swear you’d think 20-21 Bama was walking through that door lol. They’re having to reload like they’ve never had to before. For the first time in forever we return majority of our team and have a lot of upperclassman back. Which is very rare. So im sorry I’m not shaking in my boots or scared to death.
The same returning team that got bodied by a basketball school, they have an all star team to replace those kids. Im not scared im just being honest they should beat us based on recruiting alone. Im a fan i cant be scared im not out there to be scared im a viewer of the game,,,,,,,,,I'm not even going to post about it when that game is over I would do cart wheels to be wrong about it. I WANT TO BE WRONG AND FEEL WRONG ABOUT THIS GAME. As a fan you dont have to be tough/scared we watching the game thats it and cheering.

Advertisement
Back