UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

Advertisement
I disagree with that logic. If someone thinks we’re going to get beaten handily (mauled) by Bama, that doesn’t make them less of a Canes fan than you, let alone a Bama fan, unless they want us to get beaten by Bama and they’re hoping for a loss.

They’re less of a homer for certain. We’re 18 or so point underdogs in Vegas so it seems their sentiment reflects reality.

Mauled, beaten handily… same thing. This idea that someone either slurps or they’re a ****** fan is what’s maddening to a good portion of the rest of us about the words and mindset of the opposite end of the mope spectrum.

If you want to say that chances are Miami gets mauled, I can understand that.
If you make a definitive statement that Miami is going to get its *** kicked, then I think that makes you a pathetic fan as you have given up before it starts. Anyone who thinks we have zero chance of winning any game has a loser mentality.

a lot different getting a team the first game of the season vs. the last game. they are also transitioning to a new offensive scheme and breaking in a new qb. They lost some players to draft but I know they re-load. Still this is one of our more experienced teams returning with some added offensive punch and upgrade in the d backfield and defensive coaching. We do have some question marks but so will they.

I expect we will lose but don't expect a cake walk by 'Bama either. This first game will tell me how much we have improved in these areas even if we do lose.
I agree mostly, just more so meaning that even the upper echelon of teams have struggled against Bama so I won't think of it as a lost season or anything like that if we do get beaten pretty badly. With football being such a matchup driven game, some teams just don't matchup well against others regardless of talent. I don't think anyone thinks Ole Miss or UF was better than OSU last year and yet they both played Bama better. Just want to see us fight and show we belong.

Advertisement
Nobody actually believes that **** nobody's that dumb
It will be North Carolina’s 7th straight game and they lost a lot of talent. We will be off of a bye week. They will also feel super confident considering the last 2 games.

No excuses
Bye weeks haven’t been too kind for us. I don’t rely on that to be any advantage.

Regardless, just win.

It’s OK to be realistic and not get your fan card pulled. Can Miami beat Alabama? Sure. Will I be cheering for them to do so? **** yes. Do I think, realistically, that it’s going to happen? Probably not. I mean that’s the difference between being a fan and just being a blind homer. What I will not do is throw in the towel and start bashing everyone associated with the program if they fail to defeat the defending national champs. Which is something a handful of people here are salivating at the opportunity to do.
You already know when we inevitably get beat by Bama the whole front page of CiS will be “FIRE MANNY, FIRE LASHLEE, FIRE FAKE JAMES, PROMOTE TROB TO INTERIM HEAD COACH AND AD”

How does anyone read this and conclude that this analysis makes you less of a fan than other people and that you should just root for Bama? Smh
If one does happen to “know” that we will be “mauled” by Bama, why would that person:
(1) bother watching the game? (unless he/she is a ball gag swallowing, latex wearing, gimp who happens to get off on pain - in which case… more power to him/her. I don’t kink shame) and
(2) go to a place to proselytize his/her particular brand of doom and gloom among those of us fans who (ostensibly, being that this is a Miami fansite) at least believe that we might have a chance to give all-mighty Bama a game? Not exactly preaching to the choir.

Just my couple of pennies in response to the question asked in the post I quoted.

We are expected to get mauled by Bama in the opener. Nobody expects us to be in it by 10 or less. If we can make it happen, great. If not, we have 11 other games not including ACCCG or bowl game to walk the talk. Like others have said on here, take care of FSU and UNC and handle the rest of the schedule as we should and we will be in A position with kids like this and Bissainthe that want to see improvement by this team.

Does anyone else get the feeling that by “improvement” these kids are really saying that they want consistency out of the coaching staff that hasn’t been extended yet? If Manny were extended (obviously none of us want this unless there is a solid improvement either) do these kids jump on board now regardless of record? Seems to me the NIL gave us a big shot in the arm to be competitive with those throwing around bags. So is it a matter of having a coach around that allows the difference between maybe at this point in the year to **** yes? Nobody wants to commit to one coach to be managed by his successor in a year.

Advertisement
If one does happen to “know” that we will be “mauled” by Bama, why would that person:
(1) bother watching the game? (unless he/she is a ball gag swallowing, latex wearing, gimp who happens to get off on pain - in which case… more power to him/her. I don’t kink shame) and
(2) go to a place to proselytize his/her particular brand of doom and gloom among those of us fans who (ostensibly, being that this is a Miami fansite) at least believe that we might have a chance to give all-mighty Bama a game? Not exactly preaching to the choir.

Just my couple of pennies in response to the question asked in the post I quoted.
Any given Saturday. Because die hard fans believe in the 1% chance they are given and hold hope. It doesn’t mean that they don’t have a solid dose of realism though. We do not have to be brainwashed or delusional. Bama is a better team with better coaches and better talent. But hope is a helluva drug. Why else do we keep coming back year over year with talk of how this year is different, this team is different and the results will be different. Because the trend does eventually change (and if the trend change is for us being byke or for Alabama being down, we all want to witness it).

If UF and Ole Miss almost beat Bama pretty sure we could do better is all I'm going to say. And keep in mind they lost a lot of impact players. If Manny improves this defense aka stops the run I like our chances.

Advertisement
You already know when we inevitably get beat by Bama the whole front page of CiS will be “FIRE MANNY, FIRE LASHLEE, FIRE FAKE JAMES, PROMOTE TROB TO INTERIM HEAD COACH AND AD”
Probably true. lol.

Advertisement
doesn't sound like he's in a rush to make a commitment right away. It does seem clear Miami is prob 1A though right now with Georgia slightly trailing...

The longer this process plays out, the better it is for us imo. Kid has had a relationship with T-Rob for 3 years. Hearing T-Rob speak in a podcast you can tell he prioritizes relationship and bond above anything else. My only worry is that comment about UGA environment being comfortable and family like. Other than that I’m putting my chips on T-Rob 💯, no sense in singletary committing now only to decommit if we start off rough this season

Advertisement
Back