UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

I think he was lied to in that they kept promising him he’d get to play CB but kept bulking him up and playing him at safety, notwithstanding the bowl game, as he came here to play CB. It went on for a couple of years so my assumption is that the lies or whatever you call it started during the recruiting process.
If that's the case UGA really wet the bed. I've seen TS play several times, in person,, and while he was often the biggest kid he was also the fastest and most athletic. No reason for him to get bigger and move positions.

Advertisement
Did you play highschool football? College? Professionally?
So if you think Bama’s going to probably beat us handily and still love the Canes then you didn’t play high school, college or professional football???

Are there any ex-football players on here who think we’ll probably get dragged by Bama but still love the Canes?

I can't disagree, my comment was more of a general statement about the bama game and people being upset that some of us see Miami getting beaten in the first game of the year. Of course I'll be mad if we lose but I wont cry about it unless we get mauled and come out looking totally unprepared.
It may be bad but I dont think it will ve an unprepared thing I just think when u have an all star team they make u look bad even if u got a decent gameplan.

Man as UF and Ole Miss showed last year, yall just have to block Bama up front and plays are their to be made against them in the passing game. Mainly the interior OL have to do their part and the WR’s just have to catch bc they’ll get open. Mallory has to have a huge game as well. It’s not IMPOSSIBLE
block up front is not something we have been able to do against most bigger stronger p5 teams for years.

Advertisement
It may be bad but I dont think it will ve an unprepared thing I just think when u have an all star team they make u look bad even if u got a decent gameplan.
How does anyone read this and conclude that this analysis makes you less of a fan than other people and that you should just root for Bama? Smh

At this point i just want us to show up. Tired of being in these Prime time games looking like we dont belong. Have some Pride and compete!
Besides Clemson ans MAYBE Ohio ST every school is almldt expected tk lose by at least 3 TDs to Bama on a neutral field. Now for this team to show that they're 2nd tier and will be ready to take on all the big boys they need to throw haymakers right back at Bama but more then anything they have to stomp the Smurfs and show that this program is close to the top

Don't know how the Game v Bama came in. Just joinong the convo. T Rob and Lashlee were on tbat Auburn staff that beat them in 2013. My take on the game is we actually have a legit shot at beating them. My fear, we hold them and then Saban goes back to tried and tested and start pounding the ball at us. Diaz scheme as the propensity to be gashed. UNC last year.

As for this kid, i think we may actually get him. U see when we were yelling avout3 getting rid of coaches like Rumph and others, people name it moping. T Rob is the reason we have a shot at this player and got the other commits. What Miami needs to do to get back is not rocket science. The admin and HC have been making it seem that way. Simple

Advertisement
No one out there even expects us to beat Bama. You’ve said it before and I completely agree - that’s not the measuring stick. We’re going to get who we get regardless and I think we can potentially walk away with all 4 of these CB’s plus 1 of and maybe even both of the 2 safeties Williams and Wilson.
Exactly! What recruits want to see and us fans NEED 🙏 to see is a Miami that takes care of business with the rest of the schedule and finally beats UNC and wins the god awful coastal which should be this programs birth right. We do that consistently and we get who ever the **** we want I’m recruiting which could lead to lightening in a bottle. That’s it, that’s all it takes for success here, period! No more manure on the field Manny/blake/bot!

doesn't sound like he's in a rush to make a commitment right away. It does seem clear Miami is prob 1A though right now with Georgia slightly trailing...

This is actually a good article. Now we know why he was facetiming TRob and Avantae during his OV- he was bored and knew he wasn't going to stay committed there.

He has 3 Ovs left. UGA and OSU already got theirs. clearly the Canes are getting one and he supposedly told UF they were, too. That leaves 1 more...

So if you think Bama’s going to probably beat us handily and still love the Canes then you didn’t play high school, college or professional football???

Are there any ex-football on here who think we’ll probably get dragged by Bama but still love the Canes?
Want: Miami to roll.
Expect: Satan to try and make an example of Manny.
Likely: Somewhere in the middle I wouldn't take the under.

Advertisement
Completely agree. What's crazy is even if we do get bullied by Bama, it isn't really a true indication of where we stand anyways. Ohio State got boat raced in the championship game to the tune of 52-24 and most people would agree Ohio State is in the upper echelon of college football teams talent wise. I'm not writing anyone off after that game regardless of the outcome. How we play in the games following will tell me more about this team than game 1 IMO.
a lot different getting a team the first game of the season vs. the last game. they are also transitioning to a new offensive scheme and breaking in a new qb. They lost some players to draft but I know they re-load. Still this is one of our more experienced teams returning with some added offensive punch and upgrade in the d backfield and defensive coaching. We do have some question marks but so will they.

I expect we will lose but don't expect a cake walk by 'Bama either. This first game will tell me how much we have improved in these areas even if we do lose.

11-1 or 10-2 and if we get caught sleeping, 9-3.

We have nothing stellar up the middle of the D. I think it’s a problem this year - DT, LB - and who knows at DE.
Anything less then 9-3 with the talent of this team is completely fireable! If you can’t win the ******* coastal with this team with a 6 year veteran QB, upperclassmen oline, roque/Rambo, bolden/hall and our RB stable then it’s never gonna happen for Manny. It’s put up or leave time!

Is there any indication that a flip would be coming soon or is this a slow burn?
The issue isnt whether we want all four kids. OF COURSE we do.

The issue is whether the kids themselves start questioning whether they want to be part of a 4 man class (assuming Jaheim commits).

If the roster spots open up with graduations, early departures and position switches, i can see all 4 kids remaining committed.

But if Ivey sticks around and has locked down a starting spot and/or Curtis flashes and stays at CB, you really expect all 4 to remain committed?

Playing time matters. Depth chart matters. Trequon literally TOLD YOU that he looked at the depth charts before committing.

Best case scenario is us already discussing position switches with a kid like Fegans who has plenty of safety experience, especially now that our safety depth chart is looking really shaky come 2022.
Not sure sketchy is the right word! In '22 we possibly have hall, williams, balom, washington, kinchens, harrell if need be, k smith in a pinch,also gb3! In terms of numbers we good.

Advertisement
doesn't sound like he's in a rush to make a commitment right away. It does seem clear Miami is prob 1A though right now with Georgia slightly trailing...

This is why I never want kids to " just commit already" to please the fans. Most of these kids need time and a clear head without being pressured especially when it's many months away from ESD

Anything less then 9-3 with the talent of this team is completely fireable! If you can’t win the ******* coastal with this team with a 6 year veteran QB, upperclassmen oline, roque/Rambo, bolden/hall and our RB stable then it’s never gonna happen for Manny. It’s put up or leave time!
We need to see the recruiting class in considering this. I don’t think we go below 9-3 so I’m hoping it won’t be an issue.

Man as UF and Ole Miss showed last year, yall just have to block Bama up front and plays are their to be made against them in the passing game. Mainly the interior OL have to do their part and the WR’s just have to catch bc they’ll get open. Mallory has to have a huge game as well. It’s not IMPOSSIBLE
No one thinks we are physical enough for Bama so Satan is immediately going to try to pound us into submission on both sides of the trenches. So the most critical test will be: Can we not get pushed around on the lines. He's going to first try to run the ball down our throats and win the ground game so he doesn't have to open up his aerial playbook and save the exotic stuff for SEC play.

On D, he's going to see if he can simply beat us out of his base D. Again, he's looking for what's the least his team has to do to beat us handily.

So to the Gator's point (just threw up in my mouth), if our OL and DL can show up and give them ****, it won't be a massacre - at least not right out of the gate. I fully expect Bama to wear us down in the 4th quarter, but I will be satisfied if we can keep it to a 14 point game (34-20).

No one thinks we are physical enough for Bama so Satan is immediately going to try to pound us into submission on both sides of the trenches. So the most critical test will be: Can we not get pushed around on the lines. He's going to first try to run the ball down our throats and win the ground game so he doesn't have to open up his aerial playbook and save the exotic stuff for SEC play.

On D, he's going to see if he can simply beat us out of his base D. Again, he's looking for what's the least his team has to do to beat us handily.

So to the Gator's point (just threw up in my mouth), if our OL and DL can show up and give them ****, it won't be a massacre - at least not right out of the gate. I fully expect Bama to wear us down in the 4th quarter, but I will be satisfied if we can keep it to a 14 point game (34-20).
I know Saban is the master of overcoming personnel losses, but if we have any chance we need to jump on them early. Plus I’m not big on O’Brien as a play caller. If we can start fast we have a chance. The problem is Manny biggest issue is starting slow.

Advertisement
Back