UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

Advertisement
Hope I'm wrong but just doesn't feel like he will de-commit especially now that's actually visiting them.
It’s his first time so you never know. He could go up there like and not be impressed like Shemar was.

Within the facility is nice, and winning always makes those winters more bearable but he's a Florida kid so its feasible he could hate the environment.
Columbus is a college town in the middle of a decent size city. Out of all the current football powers, I would say it’s the best town/city. Weather is something I couldn’t deal with, but Columbus has more going on than the true college towns
Far be it from me to say anything positive about OSU, but Columbus is a good city.

Columbus' "lameness" has been on full display, especially over the last, I don't know...forever. So either kids don't care about it or maybe it's not as "lame" as it's being made out to be.
This is a common refrain amongst our fan base. I know it’s really hard to believe, but not every kid is drawn to the big city life. And not every college town is boring. But mostly, I can survive anywhere if I know I’m going to be developed into a beast and cash an NFL check while also getting slipped a few bands under the table. We grossly overestimate the significance of this to recruits. Same with weather. If you want to play in the NFL, you’re playing in the cold. Both are sad tropes that do not hold up. We can land kids like Singletary with great recruiters, winning games, and showing we can develop our talent.

This is a common refrain amongst our fan base. I know it’s really hard to believe, but not every kid is drawn to the big city life. And not every college town is boring. But mostly, I can survive anywhere if I know I’m going to be developed into a beast and cash an NFL check while also getting slipped a few bands under the table. We grossly overestimate the significance of this to recruits. Same with weather. If you want to play in the NFL, you’re playing in the cold. Both are sad tropes that do not hold up. We can land kids like Singletary with great recruiters, winning games, and showing we can develop our talent.

Pin this.

Advertisement
Essentially this. If they feel comfortable there and they’re sold on the place then they’re committing. Doesn’t matter if it’s Alaska. They know you’re gonna have to play in the cold in the league. They know they’ll be able to party wherever they want once they make the league. They get the hottest chick, etc. this isn’t the same as a high school kid picking a school that he’s gonna pay for to potentially get a good job in 4 years.

Ohio State insiders on Singletary (starts 3:53): They think the official visit went really well, but feeling around the team is that the recruitment will go down till the end. They think he is still going to be making "secret" visits to other schools and wouldn't surprise them to see him at a Georgia or Florida game (no mention of Miami).

Seems to be pretty promising as I'm sure they pulled out all the stops since it was an official visit and yet aren't convinced they completely locked him. Not to mention him Facetiming with Avantae and even T-Rob for a bit while on the visit.

Advertisement
Ohio State insiders on Singletary (starts 3:53): They think the official visit went really well, but feeling around the team is that the recruitment will go down till the end. They think he is still going to be making "secret" visits to other schools and wouldn't surprise them to see him at a Georgia or Florida game (no mention of Miami).

Seems to be pretty promising as I'm sure they pulled out all the stops since it was an official visit and yet aren't convinced they completely locked him. Not to mention him Facetiming with Avantae and even T-Rob for a bit while on the visit.

This is good.

I have ignored this whole thing til the FaceTime thing. Is that confirmed? I want to believe!

Thought he OV’d at OSU last weekend?
He did, his first time visiting. OSU write up summarizing the visit stated visit went well but they think he will continue to take visits and his recruitment will go down to the wire, which IMO is good for us.

The rumor was that while he was at OSU, he was on facetime with Avantae and at some point TRob jumped on the call during Paradise Camp which is why the thread is getting bumped.

Does anyone know Avantae's connection with him? Tae is 2 years removed from HS, this kid is in Jax, Tae is from Deland so not exactly close. And I kinda like Tae being in his ear. Tae was basically signed sealed and delivered to UF, coaches had cakes for him and ****, Blake Alderman, Wiltfong, Ivins, everyoneeee had him cb'd to the Gates and he made a surprise move. One of the few big signing day victories over the last 4 years I can recall.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Columbus' "lameness" has been on full display, especially over the last, I don't know...forever. So either kids don't care about it or maybe it's not as "lame" as it's being made out to be.

FWIW, I've heard from folks that Columbus is night and day what it used to be 10-20 years ago. It has a lot of hype apparently, as a really nice place to live.

Advertisement
FWIW, I've heard from folks that Columbus is night and day what it used to be 10-20 years ago. It has a lot of hype apparently, as a really nice place to live.
Yeah but it is still in Columbus OHIO!!!!!! No thanks my family moved away from there and I have no interest in ever going back. How could you compare Ohio to Florida

He did, his first time visiting. OSU write up summarizing the visit stated visit went well but they think he will continue to take visits and his recruitment will go down to the wire, which IMO is good for us.

The rumor was that while he was at OSU, he was on facetime with Avantae and at some point TRob jumped on the call during Paradise Camp which is why the thread is getting bumped.
Ok, I’m tripping. I wasn’t caught up and saw ppl asking where he’s going “this weekend,” which i thought was this upcoming weekend.

Does anyone know Avantae's connection with him? Tae is 2 years removed from HS, this kid is in Jax, Tae is from Deland so not exactly close. And I kinda like Tae being in his ear. Tae was basically signed sealed and delivered to UF, coaches had cakes for him and ****, Blake Alderman, Wiltfong, Ivins, everyoneeee had him cb'd to the Gates and he made a surprise move. One of the few big signing day victories over the last 4 years I can recall.
I remember a month ago OSU writers brought up if he didn't shut it down after the visit they wouldn't feel very confident he'd stick so it's good news but a loooooooooooong way to go

Advertisement
Back