UM offers 2022 #1 CB Khamauri Rogers (COMMITS!)

Advertisement
Advertisement
things looking favorable for a commit coming hopefully this weekend. Locking up Rogers now could start the upswing in commits coming in the month of June.
It would be huge. Stars want to play with stars. If your a big dog I never understood waiting so long to commit. I'm pretty sure having 5 star James Williams commit influenced 5 star Leonard Taylor just abit.

Advertisement
Rodgers was at some camp at Ol Miss today. Their 247 reporter wrote the following:

Top 100 prospect ‘22 DB Khamauri Rogers tells me he’ll make a July decision. He takes a visit to Miami next and will visit OM officially in July. He added that he plans to visit Tenn and Michigan as well. Dates haven’t been set.
Those 3 teams do not scare me on The trail. Ole miss will be tough but I think this will be our first big db win in 5+years

Rodgers was at some camp at Ol Miss today. Their 247 reporter wrote the following:

Top 100 prospect ‘22 DB Khamauri Rogers tells me he’ll make a July decision. He takes a visit to Miami next and will visit OM officially in July. He added that he plans to visit Tenn and Michigan as well. Dates haven’t been set.
Ole miss is obviously the team to worry about it.

Those 3 teams do not scare me on The trail. Ole miss will be tough but I think this will be our first big db win in 5+years
Agree,always good to see Bama,Georgia and LSU not involved.He was committed to LSU for a bit but they took 3 other cbs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From this morning:

It is time to make another crystal ball prediction for a key Miami Hurricanes football 2022 recruiting target.

We are logging a Miami crystal ball pick for four-star cornerback Khamauri Rogers out of Holmes County (MS) High School.

Rogers visited Coral Gables on June 1st on an unofficial visit for a cookout on the UM campus. All indications are that the visit went very well as Rogers was able to get face time with cornerbacks coach DeMarcus Van Dyke and secondary coach Travaris Robinson. He also spent plenty of time with 2021 signees, quarterback Jake Garcia and safety James Williams.

The decision will be made by Rogers, but his family is on-board with him attending Miami if that is where he wants to go.

Rogers plans to make a return trip to Coral Gables for an official visit on the June 18th weekend.

Ole Miss currently leads on the crystal ball for Rogers. Tennessee is also considered a major player in the recruitment at this stage.

Miami wants to add depth and talent at the cornerback position in this 2022 cycle and adding Rogers would certainly help accomplish that. Rogers ranks as the No. 66 overall player in the country, according to the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

2COMMENTS
During the 2019 season, Rogers totaled 46 tackles, 22 pass break-ups and four interceptions. In 2020, he was credited with 30 tackles, three pass break-ups and two interceptions as opposing offenses decided to not test him as much.

The Hurricanes signed only one cornerback in the 2021 class with three-star Ft. Myers Bishop Verot cornerback Malik Curtis joining the team this summer. It is a big position of need for UM in this 2022 cycle.

Advertisement
Back