UM offers 2021 WR Fred Eaford

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The younger brother of Ge'mon, Fred landed his offer after impressing the staff yesterday at camp and he helped Hialeah to the 7-on-7 title. At 5-11 160, he also has an early offer from Indiana. If the staff decides to take his commitment early, he's going to be on commit-watch this week.

EDIT: Eaford is actually classified as a 2021 recruit, not 2022 like initially reported.

(No full highlights available)

Last edited:
Advertisement
The younger brother of Ge'mon, Fred landed his offer after impressing the staff yesterday at camp and he helped Hialeah to the 7-on-7 title. At 5-11 160, he also has an early offer from Indiana. If the staff decides to take his commitment early, he's going to be on commit-watch this week.

Hialeah qb played well yesterday

Last edited:

Any chance we need portal linebackers?

Advertisement
Brother of Ge'mon (troll) with no tape... I'd hold off on accepting his commitment.

c/o 2022 was enough for me to say hold off. Our 2.5 years out commit success rate doesn't fair so well. We accept the commit now, the two most likely scenarios are: (1) the recruit doesn't show the expected development and we have to drop him his senior year; or (2) the recruit improves, starts hearing from bag schools, and decommits Summer 2021.

Advertisement
Exactly, I hope They have learned their lesson but I guess Not

What makes you say that? Hopefully not this article bc he specifically said IF they decide to take his commitment this far out?

I see the thought process in this but where do you draw the line? When can they commit? Will prospects feel some type of way that you won’t accept their commitment? Do you accept some and not others?

Sounds good in theory but just wait until we turn down the commitment of some big time player, this board would be outraged.

What makes you say that? Hopefully not this article bc he specifically said IF they decide to take his commitment this far out?

I see the thought process in this but where do you draw the line? When can they commit? Will prospects feel some type of way that you won’t accept their commitment? Do you accept some and not others?

Sounds good in theory but just wait until we turn down the commitment of some big time player, this board would be outraged.
We have a problem most of the times holding on to early commits especially from 2 signing days out. Develop an ideology where you don’t allow kids to commit until the end of their junior years in April or May

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have a problem most of the times holding on to early commits especially from 2 signing days out. Develop an ideology where you don’t allow kids to commit until the end of their junior years in April or May
Why? What’s the upside? Just cause it hurts some sensitive feelings that some decommissioned. Say no to kids and while we wait for your ideal timeline they’ll commit elsewhere

Advertisement
Back