UM offers 2021 OL Ryan Rodriguez

Advertisement
From Rodriguez's interview with The Athletic at the UA event yesterday:

Rodriguez, who also has offers from Louisville, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Indiana, Syracuse and Ole Miss among others, said he will visit the Cardinals on March 21 and the Demon Deacons on March 28. He’s hoping, though, his performance Sunday will draw more interest.

“Hopefully, Florida comes or one of those big schools,” said Rodriguez, who plans to enroll in college by January. “It’s just about patience and waiting.”

Still, like a lot of top local recruits, Rodriguez wants to see the Hurricanes win this season before signing a national letter of intent in December. So, even if he commits to Miami sometime this summer, he will be watching what UM does on the field in the fall.

This is far from a done deal to the Canes.... sounds like he wants a UF offer...

Advertisement
From Rodriguez's interview with The Athletic at the UA event yesterday:

Rodriguez, who also has offers from Louisville, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Indiana, Syracuse and Ole Miss among others, said he will visit the Cardinals on March 21 and the Demon Deacons on March 28. He’s hoping, though, his performance Sunday will draw more interest.

“Hopefully, Florida comes or one of those big schools,” said Rodriguez, who plans to enroll in college by January. “It’s just about patience and waiting.”

Still, like a lot of top local recruits, Rodriguez wants to see the Hurricanes win this season before signing a national letter of intent in December. So, even if he commits to Miami sometime this summer, he will be watching what UM does on the field in the fall.

This is far from a done deal to the Canes.... sounds like he wants a UF offer...
Saw that. Not good.

It’s all about patience for Miami (Fla.) Columbus High School OL Ryan Rodriguez.

When the Miami Hurricanes offered him a scholarship in January, he made no secret of the fact it was his “dream offer.” But even when Garin Justice showed up at his 6 a.m. practice that morning to give him the good news, Rodriguez was never going to simply hop on board. He wants to educate himself about all the programs recruiting him before making a decision.

But certainly UM is in a good spot.

“I’m talking with coach (Manny) Diaz, coach Justice - they feel confident I’ll be there,” Rodriguez said. “But I’m patient, in no rush. I’m just being patient, getting all my visits done, then I’ll make a decision.”

Those visits will be to Louisville and Wake Forest March 21 and 28, respectively. He also will return to UM with his family (Rodriguez visited by himself for a March 5 practice).

Rodriguez says after the visits he will mull things over for a bit and announce a commitment around May.

What do the Canes have going for them here?

“Every time I go there it’s smiles, good vibes, everyone is laughing, having a great time,” Rodriguez said. “I go over there and I feel like it’s a good place to be.”

A recent spate of offers has taken Rodriguez from two scholarships in December to 12 now.

“It’s gone from nothing to something,” he says. “This all just happened, I’m trying to get adjusted to everything that’s happened and make a decision.”

Rodriguez plays left tackle in high school but is being recruited by UM as a center. He says he’ll start working “some” at center this year. His plan recruiting-wise? “I’ll take these visits, get into my spring in April, then will start making a decision,” he says. We also asked what he sees ahead for the Canes’ offense under Rhett Lashlee. “I think it’ll work,” Rodriguez said. “It lets athletes be athletes. It lets (D’Eriq) King make the decision, and if he makes the right decision, right pass or right read they can be very dangerous because they have athletes all over the field.” And yes, we think Rodriguez winds up a Cane.

Advertisement
Would be nice to snag him over the next couple of weeks. You think we take 4-5 OL this cycle? Would have 3 committed if this guy pulls the trigger soon.

Advertisement
Would be nice to snag him over the next couple of weeks. You think we take 4-5 OL this cycle? Would have 3 committed if this guy pulls the trigger soon.

I think 4 is the absolute minimum. 5 should be the number though in my opinion. We lack quantity and quality on the OL now.

Big Baby, McLaughlin, and Rodriguez would be a **** of a start this early in the process.

I think 4 is the absolute minimum. 5 should be the number though in my opinion. We lack quantity and quality on the OL now.

Big Baby, McLaughlin, and Rodriguez would be a **** of a start this early in the process.
I definitely think Justice will land at least one OOS prospect so I feel good about us meeting that minimum number of 4

Advertisement
How likely gets commits during this standstill?
Realistic dream, I think.

I know a lot of people wanna prioritize tackles for our line, rightfully so, but I want this Rodriguez kid more than any other o lineman I've seen in this cycle. Consistently great, technically sound performances on film from beginning to end while dominant within camp settings too. Justice gotta land him !

20200806_161824.jpg

He's a All American! Well deserved

Advertisement
Back