UM not worried ~ 3rd Down; Kaaya # 1 in 'Money Downs' in US

Advertisement
imagesY0BBFZTJ.jpg

Last edited:
If he had employed this strategy when we were on the road in an epic struggle with Duke two years ago, perhaps we would have actually won that game and turned a corner.

Instead, the coward punted because he "trusted his defense" even though we were getting shredded as per usual and ended up with the "L"

Talking out of both sides of his mouth. What a stupid fat *******.

This would actually be a good strategy if it were true and he would use it in key scenarios. I've seen the guy punt a bunch from no-man's land (where it's not worth a punt, but too close of a field goal).

Beyond that, even if the excuse is true and they had completed ALL 5 of the 3rd downs that led to 4th downs (which they did convert), they'd still be 11 for 24, which is ranked in the 30s. That's not some great accomplishment or brilliance.

Advertisement
We're 118th in the nation on 3rd down. That is fantastic.

Also, the reason we're going for it on 4th down is because Golden is desperate. Desperate men do desperate things.

and we've played an FCS team and FAU

Advertisement
4th downs deep in enemy territory, against crappy teams, are NOT the same as not being able to convert 3rd downs at you own 35, where you'll NEVER go for it. WTF are these fools talking about?

Cane2 has finally done it. He has officially been name the dumbest sports fan I've ever encountered. Holy christ

Cane2 starts a thread that's somewhat interesting, and this ******* dummy chimes in. Like you've had anything worth to read since you've been on this board. Maron!

Kaaya is a brainwashed Robot..........like the rest of the players!

Kaaya is sticking up for his coaches just like I would expect him to do. Who knows if he truly means what he is saying.

What is some what interesting is that they posted all the player interviews on line but none with Kaaya. Now he could have given this interview privately but none of the major publication have posted it.

So, who knows if he even gave that interview or someone in Media relations department at UM wrote a response and submitted it to a publication.

I'm sure by now they have figured out by now if a player says something it will get less criticism than it would if it came from a coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
when you actually think about it, should not their 3rd down conversions go down if they don't necessarily plan on getting all their yards for a first down?

Sounds to me from the article that is now a pre-planned strategy as opposed to making up for failing to get a 3rd down. But I guess they could be lying. As long as their 4th down conversions increase and drives are sustained I can live with that.

I think GT's Johnson has a similar philosophy. If they are getting at least 3 yards a pop in their offense, they can sustain drives by going for it on 4th just from a statistical standpoint. It is not then as risky as it seems.

Advertisement
Every day this staff is here...the worse off Kayaa is.

He is regressing at a record pace both phsyically and mentally.

Kaaya is a brainwashed Robot..........like the rest of the players!

Kaaya is sticking up for his coaches just like I would expect him to do. Who knows if he truly means what he is saying.

What is some what interesting is that they posted all the player interviews on line but none with Kaaya. Now he could have given this interview privately but none of the major publication have posted it.

So, who knows if he even gave that interview or someone in Media relations department at UM wrote a response and submitted it to a publication.

I'm sure by now they have figured out by now if a player says something it will get less criticism than it would if it came from a coach.

when you actually think about it, should not their 3rd down conversions go down if they don't necessarily plan on getting all their yards for a first down?

Sounds to me from the article that is now a pre-planned strategy as opposed to making up for failing to get a 3rd down. But I guess they could be lying. As long as their 4th down conversions increase and drives are sustained I can live with that.

I think GT's Johnson has a similar philosophy. If they are getting at least 3 yards a pop in their offense, they can sustain drives by going for it on 4th just from a statistical standpoint. It is not then as risky as it seems.

GT is a horrible comparison. Their offense actually has an identity and consistently pick up small chunks of yards. ours does not. like coley saying in the video that they don't know what's coming on 4th down and 7 "it could be a run". they don't know what's coming bc our play calling on offense is so f*cking random without a clear strategy to it.

Advertisement
Back