UM must recruit Florida HS Basketball

Advertisement
It's pointless to keep saying we should have got this player from Florida since their are only 13 spots on the roster. Keep an eye out for 2024 Marcus Allen and 2025 Alex Lloyd.

It's pointless to keep saying we should have got this player from Florida since their are only 13 spots on the roster. Keep an eye out for 2024 Marcus Allen and 2025 Alex Lloyd.
Just making a point. There's talent in Florida. This narrative that we're only a football state needs to cease. Been saying it for years. It's nice to see our staff is finally looking at some of the local talent.

GO CANES!!!

Keep an eye on Alex Constanza (6'8" Wing 2026 Westminster Academy). He might be one of the top 2-3 prospects in Florida right now, regardless of classification.

Just making a point. There's talent in Florida. This narrative that we're only a football state needs to cease. Been saying it for years. It's nice to see our staff is finally looking at some of the local talent.

GO CANES!!!

According to 247 sports, Hinson was offered way back in 2015.. Considering he was 2018 recruit, it's understandable why he didn't end up here.

Either way, I'm still upset we didn't land Scotty Middleton this year. I'm sure he will be the next player that will be brought up in a few years.

Advertisement
According to 247 sports, Hinson was offered way back in 2015.. Considering he was 2018 recruit, it's understandable why he didn't end up here.

Either way, I'm still upset we didn't land Scotty Middleton this year. I'm sure he will be the next player that will be brought up in a few years.
Make no mistake about it, Miami's basketball offer was a token offer. Miami wanted him for football and basketball staff played nice by telling him what he wanted to hear. Everyone in Daytona thought Hinson would end up in the NFL one day. Was a legit 2-sport star in HS. I can understand why some schools may have backed off.

As for Scotty Middleton? It's tough to consider him a Florida kid when he was only here for a couple years of middle school and a year of HS. Scotty's family lives in NC and he finished his HS career out of state. My qualm with L and his past staffs aren't with the Scotty Middelton's of the world. It's with the home grown kids or guys who've played their entire HS careers here who we let get away. Not trying to beat a dead horse. Despite some of the success we've had going out of state, I think most folks will agree that we still could've done a better job of recruiting in state. I'm happy to see we're starting to make the attempt. That's all I've ever wanted to see.

GO CANES!!

There's another 2026 kid Miami should also be recruiting in basketball. Calvin "CJ" Russell. He's a 2-sport star in basketball and football at Miami Northwestern. Not sure if we've offered him in football yet, but considering he's a local 5-star on the gridiron I'm assuming it's only a matter of time. Word on the street is IF/when he gets out on the basketball circuit this spring/summer he's going to blow up.

We have to invade & plant a NIL flag in Montverde Academy, IMG & Calvary Christian.

Even though the majority of those kids aren’t homegrown from FL, but that’s where the best Ballers are coming from in the state.

Missing on a kid like Marvel Allen to an absolute Dumpster fire program like GTown is baffling to say the least.

However, I think we’ll see big time uptick in Portal recruiting in the next few seasons, Miami is quickly turning into a destination spot for talented players in the Portal & we should be able to attract some big time scorers next season.

There's another 2026 kid Miami should also be recruiting in basketball. Calvin "CJ" Russell. He's a 2-sport star in basketball and football at Miami Northwestern. Not sure if we've offered him in football yet, but considering he's a local 5-star on the gridiron I'm assuming it's only a matter of time. Word on the street is IF/when he gets out on the basketball circuit this spring/summer he's going to blow up.

Advertisement
We have to invade & plant a NIL flag in Montverde Academy, IMG & Calvary Christian.

Even though the majority of those kids aren’t homegrown from FL, but that’s where the best Ballers are coming from in the state.

Missing on a kid like Marvel Allen to an absolute Dumpster fire program like GTown is baffling to say the least.

However, I think we’ll see big time uptick in Portal recruiting in the next few seasons, Miami is quickly turning into a destination spot for talented players in the Portal & we should be able to attract some big time scorers next season.

Most of Calvary kids have come from the tri-county area. Cilk is doing a great job there. Keep an eye out for schools like Columbus and Westminster. They've got some young talent coming up

Advertisement

I don't have a problem planting a flag at Montverde and IMG. However, gotta keep in mind that all of the out of state players going there have been placed there by other coaches/programs with the intent that those kids will go back to them when there 4 years of HS are up. That's why I'm big on cultivating relationships with the in-state coaches/programs to build the inroads for our in-state guys.

Keep an eye on Alex Constanza (6'8" Wing 2026 Westminster Academy). He might be one of the top 2-3 prospects in Florida right now, regardless of classification.
Awkward George Costanza GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back