UM must recruit Florida HS Basketball

He's coming from a raw background...recently moving fromt he Bahamas..and played some balL last year at South Broward. You have any links to any programs?

I have links to a few programs. I'm trying to establish what type of prospect he is. I sent you a PM, so holla back when you get a chance.

Advertisement
I'll take your RaQuan Gray and raise you a John Collins. Collins went to Cardinal Newman and decided to go to Wake Forest. Imagine him on that 2015-16 team or the 2016-17 team and you are talking about a top 5 team each of those years maybe a title contending team.
Coach L must not have an eye for talent, most of his best players have been transfers " over the years

Now you’re talking my language! Those are the squads I battled against each and every week for years! Best memories of my life, no question. The scene has changed for the worse. In the 90’s and 2000’s up until about 2010 it was a genuine process/league looking out for young men. Now it’s filled with crooks and users
bingo

Advertisement
all three were recruited by L.
That's true, L usually does offer the top rated kids out of Florida, like the Carey's, Mann's, and Barnes' of the world. Offering and actually landing a player are two entirety different things though. The only highly rated Florida player he's landed during his entire tenure here is Dewan.

What is more frustrating is L often ignoring the "second tier" kids from in state. There's countless examples of this in the other thread on this board. @King of Allapattah is the expert on here for Florida high school basketball, and he can attest to the dozens and dozens of in-state players this staff has ignored or at best offered late and recruited lightly.

all three were recruited by L.

Miami's staff did all they could to get Scottie Barnes to stay home. Problem is they got to the party late on the other two. Miami got on Tre Mann at the beginning of his senior year. They didn't get on Kai Jones until after he left for prep school. The kid literally had to leave Florida and go play in the northeast to prove his worth to the Miami crew. Again, the biggest complaint against this staff is their reluctance to recruit the non-5 star prospects from our state. It's easy to recruit a 5 star kid out of high school, but they do a poor job of identifying the John Collins' and Kai Jones' in our state and going after them.

Advertisement
Miami's staff did all they could to get Scottie Barnes to stay home. Problem is they got to the party late on the other two. Miami got on Tre Mann at the beginning of his senior year. They didn't get on Kai Jones until after he left for prep school. The kid literally had to leave Florida and go play in the northeast to prove his worth to the Miami crew. Again, the biggest complaint against this staff is their reluctance to recruit the non-5 star prospects from our state. It's easy to recruit a 5 star kid out of high school, but they do a poor job of identifying the John Collins' and Kai Jones' in our state and going after them.
It's pretty crazy that L has successfully recruited 3 FL kids during his tenure.

Either way, I responded to the OP because his statement made it seem that none of those kids were recruited, which wasn't exactly accurate.

It's pretty crazy that L has successfully recruited 3 FL kids during his tenure.

Either way, I responded to the OP because his statement made it seem that none of those kids were recruited, which wasn't exactly accurate.
I hear ya and totally agree how crazy it is that L has only signed 4 FL kids (Tonye, Burnett, ATM & Dewan) out of HS to Miami.

Larranaga seems like a nice guy and I'd love nothing more than to see him succeed but it's tough to root for someone who seems to have a blatant disregard for our in-state players. Except for Burnett, his FL signees have enjoyed some success at Miami. You'd think a 75% success rate would have him staying in Florida to sign more kids. I just don't get it. 🤷‍♂️

But according to some of L's biggest slurpers on this board, Florida is void of high school talent and that's why L should continue to recruit only the Northeast and mid Atlantic.

And don't get me started on the International JAGS that He's recruited here, namely, the blunder from down under.

Advertisement
Geographically and culturally any player from the caribbean should be a slam dunk to miami.
DR and PR might not produce lottery picks but they have produced some nice college players.

Yeah, my Son's team played a team from PR in an Orlando tourney...those kids can ball, and they're deadly shooters, and they had some fine *** Mommas LOL.

Team from Turkey was pretty good too.

I understand Florida HS ball has improved dramatically. Fact is, though, there were always known quality players in the state, not to mention "under the radar" kids, and none of our previous coaches recruited the state any better than L has. And that includes the now-revered Coach Ham!

Advertisement

Kai Jones is from THE BAHAMAS....Had we really recruit him hard or early enough it would be a shoe in.

In fact my country is statrting to produce a good clip of bball players...maybe the old *** dude needs to take a trip over.

In this draft...Evan Mobley the center is also a Bahamian descent kid along with Kai Jones who is actually fully bahamian.
There are a bunch of kids there that can be stashed at prep school and bounce back this way....
@CaneSince4Ever like you said we have lottery guys...technically 2 in this draft if you count Mobley

Kai Jones is from THE BAHAMAS....Had we really recruit him hard or early enough it would be a shoe in.

In fact my country is statrting to produce a good clip of bball players...maybe the old *** dude needs to take a trip over.

In this draft...Evan Mobley the center is also a Bahamian descent kid along with Kai Jones who is actually fully bahamian.
There are a bunch of kids there that can be stashed at prep school and bounce back this way....
@CaneSince4Ever like you said we have lottery guys...technically 2 in this draft if you count Mobley
But all is ok I thought because we have Rodney Miller.

Geographically and culturally any player from the caribbean should be a slam dunk to miami.
DR and PR might not produce lottery picks but they have produced some nice college players.

And speaking of the DR, I forgot to mention that I went to HS with former MLB player Ronnie Belliard. That dude could hoop, too...if He was about 6 inches taller, I seriously think He could've played D1 & possibly the NBA.

And speaking of the DR, I forgot to mention that I went to HS with former MLB player Ronnie Belliard. That dude could hoop, too...if He was about 6 inches taller, I seriously think He could've played D1 & possibly the NBA.
Ronnie was a helluva a baseball player in HS. And that's it. By no stretch of the imagination was or is he to ever be considered a hooper. No chance in ****. I don't want to be mean to the man, so I'll leave it at that. His older brother on the other hand was a decent hooper.

Advertisement
Back