UM Indoor Prictice Facility

I would like the team to have an indoor practice facility but ONLY to get out of lightning delays/rules. All other times (rain, sweltering heat) they should still be outside. This get out of the heat bull**** is for pussies

In the Marine Corps we used to say "train like you fight". I see no reason a TACKLE FOOTBALL TEAM should try to get out of the heat especially when they are going to play in it.

GTFOOH, Al Golden spent the spring training our boyz up as "Frog Men" Navy SEALS and that did nothing for them.

Advertisement
I would like the team to have an indoor practice facility but ONLY to get out of lightning delays/rules. All other times (rain, sweltering heat) they should still be outside. This get out of the heat bull**** is for pussies

In the Marine Corps we used to say "train like you fight". I see no reason a TACKLE FOOTBALL TEAM should try to get out of the heat especially when they are going to play in it.

GTFOOH, Al Golden spent the spring training our boyz up as "Frog Men" Navy SEALS and that did nothing for them.

Wrong. If that was the case our players wouldn't have constantly been gassed by half time in every game.

Are you saying that "train like you fight" or in a football sense "practice how you will play" isn't an appropriate approach to game day conditioning?

I'm truly a believer that practicing in the heat makes you a better prepared team when it's hot on game day. That said, the NCAA is strict on lightning policies and losing practice time because of weather can cripple a team. Maybe have a small indoor facility only to be used when weather doesn't allow an outdoor practice? 95* heat in September is part of Miami's home field advantage and practicing indoors every day only kills that advantage.

They won't be practicing indoors everyday. The advantage here is Miami can stay on its practice schedule and move indoors for inclement weather or when the heat index is too dangerous. We almost lost a kid to heat stroke so there are times the heat index is so high they reschedule to early morning. Quite honestly I don't think football uses it as much as we think, but it's there. It will definitely help other sports. Baseball team can use it when weather is bad. So can women's soccer.

Plus, the perception we're first rate with facilities despite all the national nonsense is important here. Anybody who has been on campus the last two years will be impressed. The national media are morons.

I'm truly a believer that practicing in the heat makes you a better prepared team when it's hot on game day. That said, the NCAA is strict on lightning policies and losing practice time because of weather can cripple a team. Maybe have a small indoor facility only to be used when weather doesn't allow an outdoor practice? 95* heat in September is part of Miami's home field advantage and practicing indoors every day only kills that advantage.
I agree...IPF should be used if there is inclement weather

Advertisement
Back