UM holds edge in most keys to winning on 9/7

Offseason frequently generates unwarranted optimism. I tend to deal in what I've seen. The last Miami team I SAW was giving up 40 to the likes of duke and uva and our unstoppable offense couldnt move the ball against good defenses. Now, I'd like to think we are actually better on both sides and can/will beat these guys. But I think we look like fools assuming our 7-5 team is all of a sudden this juggernaut until they prove something.

Unwarranted Optimism? We're being picked to win the ACC in a lot of circles outside this fan base.
And it's pretty self serving of you to cherry pick the last game of the year to support your woe is us rhetoric and not take into account the other positive signs that the team demonstrated through the season.
Vs UVA and Duke our depth and injuries reared it's ugly head. I believe our top 3 tacklers were out vs UVA from a team that had already depth and talent issues even with them healthy.

And sorry they don't have to prove something before anyone can predict a victory over a team like UF which has glaring issues. If you can't see it now before it happens, just says something about your ability to prognosticate.

What positive signs did this team demonstrate last year? We are favor'd because we return the most and the other teams we face lost alot.

And btw, how much talent and depth can a 4-8 team have? Golden is suppose to be this great recruiter yet your using players as an excuse. The funniest thing is the same team that suffer'd from talent and depth issues last year is now the favorite with mostly the same players and some guys you've never seen play.

Nites, something called experience that our talent and depth has more of this year.
And if you trying to come on here with clean slate by changing your moniker leave your tired act on scout or the wez.. thanks.

Advertisement
Offseason frequently generates unwarranted optimism. I tend to deal in what I've seen. The last Miami team I SAW was giving up 40 to the likes of duke and uva and our unstoppable offense couldnt move the ball against good defenses. Now, I'd like to think we are actually better on both sides and can/will beat these guys. But I think we look like fools assuming our 7-5 team is all of a sudden this juggernaut until they prove something.

Unwarranted Optimism? We're being picked to win the ACC in a lot of circles outside this fan base.
And it's pretty self serving of you to cherry pick the last game of the year to support your woe is us rhetoric and not take into account the other positive signs that the team demonstrated through the season.
Vs UVA and Duke our depth and injuries reared it's ugly head. I believe our top 3 tacklers were out vs UVA from a team that had already depth and talent issues even with them healthy.

And sorry they don't have to prove something before anyone can predict a victory over a team like UF which has glaring issues. If you can't see it now before it happens, just says something about your ability to prognosticate.

What positive signs did this team demonstrate last year? We are favor'd because we return the most and the other teams we face lost alot.

And btw, how much talent and depth can a 4-8 team have? Golden is suppose to be this great recruiter yet your using players as an excuse. The funniest thing is the same team that suffer'd from talent and depth issues last year is now the favorite with mostly the same players and some guys you've never seen play.

Nites, something called experience that our talent and depth has more of this year.
And if you trying to come on here with clean slate by changing your moniker leave your tired act on scout or the wez.. thanks.

A ****** player can have experience. He's just an experienced ****** player. You said Miami lacked talent and depth last year. Now all this Untalented team with zero depth needed was experience? Lol ok. You can't even keep your excuses straight.

It's almost like your bragging about returning 20 starters from an 0-10 team.

I hate the gators more than anything on earth, and I think we win on some big plays, but their o-line mauled fsu's d-line last year. I think our d-line will be better, but it's hard for me to forget that mauling.

Florida's special teams is always among the elite in the college football. I'd give them the egde there.

You gotta remember that Golden probably won't use Duke on SP.

Advertisement
I hate the gators more than anything on earth, and I think we win on some big plays, but their o-line mauled fsu's d-line last year. I think our d-line will be better, but it's hard for me to forget that mauling.

That's the way I look at it. The projected matchups don't matter if one team is simply tougher. That spills into every category. Their basic stuff works and ours doesn't.

The top SEC teams don't receive enough credit for how fundamentally sound they are, taking care of the little details. They'll run right at you and won't shy away from abusing it if a weakness is spotted. That's what happened to FSU last year. It's also the one conference in the country that does not allow cheap underneath passes. If we want a first down, particularly on 3rd down, it's vital to throw beyond the marker. The garbage underneath junk that thrives in the Big 12 and other soft conferences is laughed at by the top handful of SEC defenses. An early indicator will be whether or not we throw short junk on key plays, like ridiculous 3rd down screen passes. They will have no chance. I actually hope we refrain from that type of thing against Florida Atlantic because there's great danger Coley and the coaching staff won't recognize the vast situational gap. A wimpy underneath play that will waltz for 25 yards against FAU will be buckled deep in the backfield against the Gators, causing them to go into a frenzy, establishing physical superiority.

I wouldn't be as concerned against another top rated program. The SEC earns benefit of a doubt until proven wrong or passe.

There is good news. The team with the weaker chin has exponentially greater opportunity at home, and early in the season. We need to startle them with flash plays and then hold on.

I'm a little bit more optimistic than I have been throughout the offseason.

I am optimistic as well, but you have to take into consideration what Gainesville Gators did to the Tallahassee Noles last year. I thought that FSU would win on superior talent alone, but they were manhandled. I look at what ND did to our team, and then at what the Sabanama's did to the Irish. I understand I get blasted for using last year as a barometer, but our beloved Canes have not been able to handle the games that need big boy pants. There is no doubt in my mind the Canes will play hard and with a lot of heart like we did against FSU last year, but we look to still have some of the same players out there. What did our O line and running game do against the big boys last year? I thought we were solid at WR, just like this year, but it just seemed to fall apart, and I never doubted the young men were really giving it their all. However, talent and depth seem to overcome heart and desire. Most experts will agree that the team out of Gainesville has both and they are deeper in the trenches that we are...I throw that Loserville/Sugar Bowl out the window, because it reminds me so much of how UM played against LSU in the peach...no desire to be there. I will be at Sunlife screaming my head off for our Defense to hold up, but I just don't know what to expect.

Nights is the biggest piece of **** on any message board. #1 racist and pure hater of Al just because he took his friends job. Would love the chance to rip his throat out.

Advertisement
Swamp scum should win this game. We have not beaten anyone in long time. Last year we got our tails handed to us against the tough teams. We should have no chance at all. BUT that was last year. We do have playmakers on O. We have some full sized players on D now. We have Duke. And I think Coley will be this year's big freshman. It is an early game and we are not beat up yet. They are hurting right now and trying to find an offense and replace some key D players. We have chance. Most important is that I think these players have put in the work, have the skill and are ready to make their mark as the new Cane beginning. I also think Al is becoming a true Cane. He is tired of the b.s. He is feeling the impact of the hate and the fear. I sense he is just fed up and wants desperately to kick the scales off the swamp scum.

this has me concerned as well that was a very physical game, miami has to up their intensity level in the trenches on both sides of the ball

I am optimistic as well, but you have to take into consideration what Gainesville Gators did to the Tallahassee Noles last year. I thought that FSU would win on superior talent alone, but they were manhandled. I look at what ND did to our team, and then at what the Sabanama's did to the Irish. I understand I get blasted for using last year as a barometer, but our beloved Canes have not been able to handle the games that need big boy pants. There is no doubt in my mind the Canes will play hard and with a lot of heart like we did against FSU last year, but we look to still have some of the same players out there. What did our O line and running game do against the big boys last year? I thought we were solid at WR, just like this year, but it just seemed to fall apart, and I never doubted the young men were really giving it their all. However, talent and depth seem to overcome heart and desire. Most experts will agree that the team out of Gainesville has both and they are deeper in the trenches that we are...I throw that Loserville/Sugar Bowl out the window, because it reminds me so much of how UM played against LSU in the peach...no desire to be there. I will be at Sunlife screaming my head off for our Defense to hold up, but I just don't know what to expect.

The thing is that their LBs will be weak this year and a lot of underneath passes should work. Once Jenkins was injured they had problems with that stuff. They lost Jenkins and Bostic, then their current best LB got injured this summer. I want underneath stuff, I'm more worried about a healthy Powell along with Bullard and Fowler more than anything. Knock them of balance then go for the kill.

Protect the ball. Morris did a pretty good job of this down the stretch. 11 tds and 0 int in the final four games. Everyone is referencing last years fsu-uf game. Florida scored on drives of 54,54,21,64,37,32,56. All off of turnovers, Florida won the turnover battle 5-1. With difference makers like Elam, Evans(leading tackler),Floyd, Hunter, Bostic, Jenkins, McCray gone from the defense and this being early in the season for the replacements, I like Miami 27-17.

Advertisement
All I can say is our defense has made dang near every qb look good. Even guys who were benched games later due to in effectiveness. Don't know enough about coley but defense appears to be the gators strong suit but who knows with the loss of its best players on each level.

Golden has never out coached anybody or even put forth any notable efforts against teams that are superior. He's lost to extremely inferior teams more times than not.

At this point I can't lean either way. Don't have much faith in returning a bunch of guys from the worse defense in cane history and the dc who ran it. Hopefully. Miami can make a statement for the first time in the golden era.

Man, some of you people I just can't neg enough.
Your short sightedness is only surpassed by your stupidity.

Florida's o line mauled fsu's last year.
So?
Last I checked that was last year. Any turnover from last year?
How many returning starters for the gators? Lets see, Driskell, Purifoy....., who else.
Don't they only return like 4-5 starters?
But their backups are all great.
Yeah, right.
Our boys have become men. We are bigger and stronger than the gators in the trenches. No d line is going to dominate and overpower Flowers, Seantrel, Linder, Feliciano, Bunche and McDermott. Our lb's are bigger, stronger, faster and more experienced than theirs. Who are the gator safeties and how many starts have they put up?
You gators actually think that Driskell is going to morph from one of the worst starting qb's in America to Timmy Teabag?
You guys say our defense sucked last year. You are right it did. We started tons of 1st year players.
The gator offense was comparably bad, ranked like a 100.
Guess what? Now the gators return like 1 or 2 guys from one of the worst offenses in the country, and one of them is one of the worst qb's from last year.
But that's right. The gators are in the SEC and even the worst SEC team is better than everyone else.
Pass the kook aid to some naive moron.
I'm a Cane and I'm not buying your SEC bull****.
I'm looking forward to seeing Powell and his new knee getting stonewalled and pancaked by Seantrel.
For some reason all I can think of with that matchup is Commodus flailing against Maximus as the dagger strikes home.

Advertisement
Canes keep win a close one. 45 to 10, Miami.

Golden gets criticized for running up score

Duke gets a one game suspension after he dances all over gaytor end zone after his 3rd touchdown.

Uf qb leaves game in third quarter to go back to minor league baseball as to never see denzel and figs ever again.

All the uf commits walk home from the game scared of the beat down they will be getting once they go to college.

Approximately 29483930 threads pop up claiming we bakk.

Advertisement
Back