UM holds edge in most keys to winning on 9/7

I hope. History indicates that Morris will be the 3 and out mummy he is against average or better teams, and our defense will make Driskell a Heisman frontrunner.

I PRAY that for once, things on paper go right for us.

1. Playmakers? I bet Driskell can be a playmaker if we play ten yards off the ball, and 20 yards off the ball if it's third and long. EVEN
2. Skill Players? Any jive turkey can pass, and run for 400+ yards against a D that plays to lose. EDGE: Gaytors
3. QB? Gatas beat some teams that are light years better than UNC, UVA, KSU and FSU with the sorry, *** QB they have now. We beat GT and NCSU, the best teams we have a win against three years of Morris, and they suck. EDGE: Gaytors
4. Home Field. Maybe. EVEN. Wouldn't be surprised if the pregame is a Gata tribute.
5. Special Teams? Best punter we will ever face, combined with our new, and one could argue default kicker, plus the fact that since the Shalala curse, nobody misses a FG against us. EDGE: Gaytors.
6. Coaching? Remains to be seen. I think Muschump is a clown, but he wouldn't lose to UVA once, let alone a dozen times in a row. EVEN
7. Defense? The triumpth of hope over reality, or the Gatas PWN us. EDGE: Gatas

Just saying.

"Muschump is a clown, but he wouldn't lose to UVA once, let alone a dozen times in a row."

This is the standing assumption among Gator fans, but the assumption never gets tested. Fact is, we'll never know if this is true because the Gators would never agree to play a team like UVA, and certainly not at UVA. I suspect that we could have replaced "UVA" with the word "Louisville" in your mind (and that of all other Gator fans), prior to the Sugar Bowl last year, and the assumption would have been the same. But when tested last January, we found out the assumption simply was not true.

Sure, the Canes had some poor performances in big games last year-- the offense didn't exactly light it up at KSU or at ND, but KSU and ND were clearly better than UF. I know, you probably disagree with that statement, but you have no basis for disagreeing because the Gators would never have the balls to schedule games against the likes of KSU or ND, much less on the road.

Advertisement
I hope. History indicates that Morris will be the 3 and out mummy he is against average or better teams, and our defense will make Driskell a Heisman frontrunner.

1. Playmakers? I bet Driskell can be a playmaker if we play ten yards off the ball, and 20 yards off the ball if it's third and long. EVEN
2. Skill Players? Any jive turkey can pass, and run for 400+ yards against a D that plays to lose. EDGE: Gaytors
3. QB? Gatas beat some teams that are light years better than UNC, UVA, KSU and FSU with the sorry, *** QB they have now. We beat GT and NCSU, the best teams we have a win against three years of Morris, and they suck. EDGE: Gaytors
4. Home Field. Maybe. EVEN. Wouldn't be surprised if the pregame is a Gata tribute.
5. Special Teams? Best punter we will ever face, combined with our new, and one could argue default kicker, plus the fact that since the Shalala curse, nobody misses a FG against us. EDGE: Gaytors.
6. Coaching? Remains to be seen. I think Muschump is a clown, but he wouldn't lose to UVA once, let alone a dozen times in a row. EVEN

Just saying.

You trolling sob lol...

Just saying.

negged. Canes 24-20

I hope you are right. But saying we have a QB advantage means you didn't watch the UNC, KSU, ND and FSU gasmes last year.

I'm sure Driskell would look very good against BC.

I'd throw FSU out b/c Morris was injured in that game. The others are valid points though. ND might've been a little different if Dorsett would've caught one of those passes and the O-line bothered to block anyone but still, Morris didn't play well in that one either.

Just saying.

How is the coaching edge even? When has golden out coached anyone? No one knows anything about coley and our dc is among the worse in cfb. The gators have the edge in coaching.

All homerism aside, the UF game is a much tougher win for us than you all make I out to be. . That Kid can run and our track record against running qb's is not stellar. Can we win that game, sure. But to say that we hold an advantage is asinine

Advertisement
the people trying to match this game up on paper:ohlord:

let's get through FAU healthy first

All homerism aside, the UF game is a much tougher win for us than you all make I out to be. . That Kid can run and our track record against running qb's is not stellar. Can we win that game, sure. But to say that we hold an advantage is asinine

If Driskell runs a lot he will end up in the emergency room and muschamp in a lawsuit.

10K seats are being added and its not so they can fit in more Gator fans.

It will be a pro UM crowd don't play yourself.

Advertisement
Smokey, no need to quote you, but Morris was injured for FSU and UNC, and half of our incredibly thin defense was suspended at UVA, and logically speaking (crazy thought) that is no argument for whose qb is better.

I agree with you on homefield advantage.

You clearly don't watch much UM football if you think an opposing field goal hasn't been missed in the Shalala era (I will let you tease that one out for yourself).

Just saying.

this is the weakest **** of all weak **** posts. get ****ed

Just saying.

they didnt beat those teams bc of driskell. they beat those teams bc of their stout D last year. they won in spite of driskell last year. spare me the belief that he beat those teams. morris couldve beaten more teams last year had the D not been useless.

Advertisement
Smokey bring your little miniature recreations of battlefields that you make to the UF game -- I wanna destroy that **** like Godzilla.

****, Smokey rustled some jimmies in this thread.

And as rudebuddha said, if Driskel runs, Perryman is going to lay a forest of wood on his candy ***.

Offseason frequently generates unwarranted optimism. I tend to deal in what I've seen. The last Miami team I SAW was giving up 40 to the likes of duke and uva and our unstoppable offense couldnt move the ball against good defenses. Now, I'd like to think we are actually better on both sides and can/will beat these guys. But I think we look like fools assuming our 7-5 team is all of a sudden this juggernaut until they prove something.

Advertisement
Offseason frequently generates unwarranted optimism. I tend to deal in what I've seen. The last Miami team I SAW was giving up 40 to the likes of duke and uva and our unstoppable offense couldnt move the ball against good defenses. Now, I'd like to think we are actually better on both sides and can/will beat these guys. But I think we look like fools assuming our 7-5 team is all of a sudden this juggernaut until they prove something.

Unwarranted Optimism? We're being picked to win the ACC in a lot of circles outside this fan base.
And it's pretty self serving of you to cherry pick the last game of the year to support your woe is us rhetoric and not take into account the other positive signs that the team demonstrated through the season.
Vs UVA and Duke our depth and injuries reared it's ugly head. I believe our top 3 tacklers were out vs UVA from a team that had already depth and talent issues even with them healthy.

And sorry they don't have to prove something before anyone can predict a victory over a team like UF which has glaring issues. If you can't see it now before it happens, just says something about your ability to prognosticate.

Last edited:
He highlighted games where we couldn't move against good defenses - ND and KSU - which weren't late in the season.

Unwarranted Optimism? We're being picked to win the ACC in a lot of circles outside this fan base.
And it's pretty self serving of you to cherry pick the last game of the year to support your woe is us rhetoric and not take into account the other positive signs that the team demonstrated through the season.
Vs UVA and Duke our depth and injuries reared it's ugly head. I believe our top 3 tacklers were out vs UVA from a team that had already depth and talent issues even with them healthy.

And sorry they don't have to prove something before anyone can predict a victory over a team like UF which has glaring issues. If you can't see it now before it happens, just says something about your ability to prognosticate.

What positive signs did this team demonstrate last year? We are favor'd because we return the most and the other teams we face lost alot.

And btw, how much talent and depth can a 4-8 team have? Golden is suppose to be this great recruiter yet your using players as an excuse. The funniest thing is the same team that suffer'd from talent and depth issues last year is now the favorite with mostly the same players and some guys you've never seen play.

He highlighted games where we couldn't move against good defenses - ND and KSU - which weren't late in the season.

It is what it is. We played three strong defenses at various stages and couldn't move the ball. I think we can certainly compete with these guys because they weren't strong offensively. I actually suspect this will be a close game that's not very high scoring. But realistically I think we've worked ourselves into a lather about a team that wasn't very good last we saw--globally we don't have significant advantages here their defense should be good (enough so to control our O just like defenses of a similar ilk last yr) and our defense is unlikely to be good enough to stifle their O. I foresee something like 20-17.

I think we're portraying this as though we're making the 1999-2000 transition but last year's team wasn't nearly as good as the 99 team. We'll see.

Advertisement
Back