UM first ACC tournament game is Thursday at Noon

Tournaments are not for style points. You win. Period. Were you upset when they beat BC last year on a Miller layup at the buzzer? BC was a lot worse of a team than Wake. What about when we had to get some late 3s to beat BC in 2013 in the quaterfinals?
Nuance is a concept that escapes you huh.

This team does not know how to maintain leads, and as the FSU game showed, you play with fire well you will get burnt.

This game meant very little with respect to the W-L columns, but if you don’t think the inability to put away teams is a red flag then I’m probably just wasting my time here

Advertisement
Even though they were intentionally hacking us late, we still out fouled them 17-14.

The second half officiating was blantant and embarrassing to watch.

This. I mean it’s easy to sit on the couch eating Doritos and complain… but when the refs are calling a blatantly ridiculous game AND the other team is hitting circus shots AND your team’s most important player has 4 fouls (with another fouled out) - getting out with a win is not a disaster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nuance is a concept that escapes you huh.

This team does not know how to maintain leads, and as the FSU game showed, you play with fire well you will get burnt.

This game meant very little with respect to the W-L columns, but if you don’t think the inability to put away teams is a red flag then I’m probably just wasting my time here

Inability to put games away is a huge problem for this team. They can’t possibly need any more reminders or lessons or motivation.

At the same time, there objectively was a perfect storm in this game. The officiating was beyond atrocious - and Wake was hitting desperation shots while we missed free throws.

I actually think I’ve got our late game woes figured out.

Coach L wants us to have these heart attack-inducing games because he wants to prematurely age the fan base. By doing that, he realizes that he will seem younger in our eyes by comparison because we all age ten years each time an opponent heaves a three point shot up for the win. He understands that doing so will give him a few extra years to coach us.

It’s science. 🧬🩻👨🏻‍🔬

Where did I say double digits in that post? Being up 7 with under a minute left and it coming down to pitt hitting the rim on a 3 that would have won it...that isn't at all concerning to you?

Also if Jamie Luckie wasn’t an absolute piece of trash who was actively trying to ***** us, that was a desperation three for OT (NOT a win).

Also if Jamie Luckie wasn’t an absolute piece of trash who was actively trying to ***** us, that was a desperation three for OT (NOT a win).
True, but the Big Tournament gets even worser.

Advertisement
Sorry, but Coach L needs to get some blame here. Our leads have evaporated in every game this year save a couple. Our transition D is ****
Nope, he's perfect. So many say so. . Better to bash posters who dont agree with you than attack a legend.

This was not a good showing at all , this type of play in second half terrible.
We’re going to pay the price probably the next game our play has deteriorated to hope for the best even against bad teams we make them look great.

Advertisement
We were up on Pitt by 7 with one minute to go. Not sure how you fix this. It's almost like all of our players tighten up at the end. I do think Charlie Moore played with a poise especially late in games that I think we lack. We miss that. Honestly, we need that to go deep in the tourney imo
Fix it by putting Beverly in. Last time he played the final 6 minutes we held our lead well. When he sits and Mr. Wong is in the leads go poof.

Sorry, but Coach L needs to get some blame here. Our leads have evaporated in every game this year save a couple. Our transition D is ****

I didn't think he had a good game vs FSU, but what is there to criticize today?

Wake went 6-9 from 3 in the final 6 minutes, and most of those were contested. Appleby hit 2 with Pack and Wooga all over him.

We only had 1 turnover in the last 12 minutes.

We left 5 points on the FT line in the final 30 seconds.

The coach has no control over any of that.

This was not a good showing at all , this type of play in second half terrible.
We’re going to pay the price probably the next game our play has deteriorated to hope for the best even against bad teams we make them look great.

****, that's bad news. We were playing really well, and now we're only playing OK. But I wasn't aware there was no chance we could heat up again. I thought teams had ups and downs, so it's tough for me to find out that teams can never recover from their downs.

Advertisement
Back