UM evaluating and in touch with Juco OL Dolcine

Kids tape isn't bad, I hope we offer

**** offer SOMEONE would ya Barry.

My arguement is the same as the posters above...Guys like this should have been evaluated already. Barry has offered like 4-5 kids since mid-summer...And this is the biggest need on the team.

I forgot to include that Dolcine recently decommited from Miss St.

Is the staff that insanely sure Zion Nelson is magically going to come into his own next season b/c of experience?

He seemed no better off game 12 vs Duke than he did game 1 versus UF. I'd assume he's seen 600+ snaps by then.

I do not understand the lack of Tackle recruiting and always going after guards. I'd assume Rivers ends up being a OG versus OT

This is my biggest fear too ....Zion Nelson has some tools...Zion Nelson also has an excuse for struggling. BUT to sit here and hand him the job next 4 years is pure absurdity, and knowing this staff it's what will happen. Let's say he did improve as the year went...He went from awful (again he had an excuse for being awful early on, he's 18 and 270 lbs!) to just below average. Let's say after an offseason he's average. UM's goal should not be to have an average left tackle starting next year. It should be full on competition for the position led by whatever portal LT you bring in. ****, what Nelson maybe even could use is that redshirt year he had to skip this season

Last edited:
Advertisement
How long does it take to evaluate? Do they have that many options that they can be that selective?

I guess when you miss on your first level prospects, you're down into the huge mass of prospects with flaws and shortcomings, so you have to evaluate even more carefully...especially when you don't have them in a camp.

No this is my whole problem with Barry...From paradise on, we've heard like 4-5 OL offers...It's ridiculous. Biggest need on team and you are sitting there offering kids 1 by 1 and praying they commit. Cast a big net.

Is the staff that insanely sure Zion Nelson is magically going to come into his own next season b/c of experience?

He seemed no better off game 12 vs Duke than he did game 1 versus UF. I'd assume he's seen 600+ snaps by then.

I do not understand the lack of Tackle recruiting and always going after guards. I'd assume Rivers ends up being a OG versus OT

Physical maturity should have for more emphasis early in an OL career. That comes in the offseason.

Physical maturity should have for more emphasis early in an OL career. That comes in the offseason.

Yes I agree 1000%...But the point is...He shouldn't be handed a job next year. We should bring in as good a LT as we could find from the portal to beat out Zion Nelson.

Hard to believe with a week left till early signing day we are still evaluating players, we have known since the first game of the year that the o-line sucked. Berry must have had a idea how bad we were before the season started seeing we started a true freshman against the Gators and then 2 weeks later started another true freshman.

Advertisement
The kid is lean and fairly athletic. I'm not sure about the competition though. He needs work on his technique. And that thing he's doing with his feet is weird to me. It's not a kick step or pivot, he's hopping up and down at the snap. I get he wants to keep his feet moving but that is a habit he'll have to lose to handle speed rushers at the P5 level.

2 committs and 1 is developmental guy. (washington) but jus checked who has the most tackles committed and usc has 5 tackles. Helton ain't playing bout the o-line. Barry needs to take some pointers!!

Advertisement
I think Dolcine, Gaynor, and Portal tackle (Tatum or other) who can be starter is a step in right direction

Advertisement
No this is my whole problem with Barry...From paradise on, we've heard like 4-5 OL offers...It's ridiculous. Biggest need on team and you are sitting there offering kids 1 by 1 and praying they commit. Cast a big net.
Excellent post. Maaan, Barry must think recruiting is easy. Let's go after dumerville, walker, rivers, denis, antonio, the other commit and call it a year. I'm already looking forward to February to see if we can net JUCO's\Grad Transfers that can come in and play over the depth we have at least. Not optimistic but I love these canes no matter what because every year we start off 0-0.

This class is another for show class brought to you by Mister Sizzle No Steak.

It is woefully unbalanced at OL and CB.

If you recruited 20 five star runningbacks in a class youd have the number one class and a miserable football team.

Dolcine I saw at Miramar high as a senior working at RT. Richt and co. looked at but apparently were not really serious. Left here at about 6-5/290 and was eventually up to 320 pounds as a guard at Kentucky.

Advertisement
Remember Kaleb Boetang and offensive left tackle from Ft. Lauderdale HS with very long arms and was never offered by Richt and company 2 recruiting seasons ago and ended up a late signing with Clemson near the NSD? We never offered and he is now at Clemson as a 6-4 and 300 pound freshman guard. Guy was actually wanted a U offer that final year of HS Ivins said.

Remember Kaleb Boetang from Ft. Lauderdale HS was never offered by Richt and company 2 recruiting seasons ago and ended up a late signing with Clemson near the NSD? We never offered and he is now at Clemson as a 6-4 and 300 pound freshman. Guy was actually wanted a U offer that final year of HS Ivins said.

clemson people hinting he may transfer this past week on radio, don’t know validity. They think one of young OL is.

UCF just had a guard enter the portal. I think they’re pretty confident that he’ll sign with them

as long as we have this mindset that we can run a Bama type scheme without Bama type offensive linemen it will be a &^%^^&&* up

Advertisement
Back