UM DT commit Daxon visits for spring game, updates latest

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2019 Miami DT commit Denzel Daxon has been showing off his skills on the camp circuit this spring, most recently checking in at the Under Armour All-America Miami camp last month. How’d he feel it went?

“You know, it was pretty good,” Daxon said. “All of us come with the same mindset, to compete and get better, and that was the whole purpose of the event really.”

The 6’2” 300 pound interior defender and 3-star recruit has spent the off-season trying to take his game to the next level and Daxon detailed how his progress is coming along.

“Still pass rush skills, still got to work on that and some other minor things,” Daxon said. “But the smallest things cause the biggest problems, so I’ll have to fix that.”

Daxon most recently visited Miami last weekend for the spring game. The Canes have also changed position coaches at Daxon’s D-Line spot, replacing the departed coach Kool with Jess Simpson. Daxon’s now had a few chances to meet him and form an impression on UM’s newest hire, talking with Simpson at a UM basketball game, Junior Day, and the spring game.

“Pretty cool guy, as time goes on, I’ll get a better feel of him," Daxon said. "I think it’s a good hire.”

Daxon claims he is still solidly committed to Miami. However, that doesn’t mean he won’t listen to other schools.

“I’m solid right now, but options are still open,” said Daxon. “Further down the road, I’ll make that decision (to shut my recruitment down).”

And those other interested options that Daxon hears from a lot?

“Right now, Louisville and Tennessee. That’s basically it.”

Daxon plans no other upcoming visits for this spring, but is looking forward to his senior season at Doral Academy. He recently transferred in from Miami Norland and has noticed a difference in coaching at his new school.

“Oh, very excited. We have a good coaching staff, they really coach us and teach us,” Daxon said. “We’re looking for a really good season and let’s hope for the best.”

(Only game-by-game highlights available)

Advertisement
He seems solid so hopefully he stays that way. Nice article Stefan - would be nice to hear from all of the current commits in the 19 class to get an update. Curious about Brown, Pierre, and Williams.

There is a lot to be excited about in those clips vs. Central. I have heard he doesn't have the best "body", but man that kid can move for a 300lber

Hope y’all ready to deal with Tennessee & Pruitt moving forward. They will be mentioned a lot for a lot of kids down here soon. Good thing Golden Jr left that university a mess so it’ll be a while before things get better up there.

Hope y’all ready to deal with Tennessee & Pruitt moving forward. They will be mentioned a lot for a lot of kids down here soon. Good thing Golden Jr left that university a mess so it’ll be a while before things get better up there.
Might start hearing about Nebraska more too...Frost offering errrrrbody

Advertisement
Bogle is there for an official this weekend..

He seems solid so hopefully he stays that way. Nice article Stefan - would be nice to hear from all of the current commits in the 19 class to get an update. Curious about Brown, Pierre, and Williams.

We've been doing our best to get everybody. Got Daxon obviously and Williams for recent interviews, plus both Solomon and Brooks had commitment interviews with us. Crowley, Brown, Eguakun, and Pierre have been tough to get a hold of. Payton and Hodges will probably be the next interviewees

Advertisement

god we have some sad fans. Yes, let's hope our guys get zero offers because we're still Goldenized and scared of everyone.

Oh wait, then we'll just complain about that too.

Tennessee isn't taking a kid from Florida that we want, neither is Nebraska

SoFla is a hotbed for talent, at the end of the day Miami will have to battle and fight for recruits... We all know Miami won't get them all, so out the top 20 IF Miami get 12-15 WE SHOULD BE HAPPY!!

god we have some sad fans. Yes, let's hope our guys get zero offers because we're still Goldenized and scared of everyone.

Nobody is complaining . Just talking football. And just off the top off my head wasn’t Latrell Williams from Florida ? Butch Jones was able to land him I think Jeremy Pruitt can have some success

Advertisement
He'll be a solid commitment. Bahamian kid aint trying to go to far

Moms probably makes the best conch salad this side of the Stream. Pops played at UT, been to Knoxville a bunch, it would have to be a bigass bag to convince anybody from here to play there.

Lol who said they hope kids don’t get offers? Yeah keep thinking Tennessee won’t be a contender for kids soon, when Pruitt just beat out Bama for a LB JJ Peterson the #48th player in the country. Lol you must be one of those people who won’t admit that other coaches can recruit too lol

Nobody is complaining . Just talking football. And just off the top off my head wasn’t Latrell Williams from Florida ? Butch Jones was able to land him I think Jeremy Pruitt can have some success

Lol some of these dudes weird man

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back