UM commit Fleming speaks on status of his pledge and meeting Stubblefield

Let’s see what happens in dec like someone else said. If he doesn’t sign or the staff knows in oct or nov he isn’t signing early and has visits scheduled for Jan, tell him if “if you’re looking, we’re looking” and start offering and recruiting others.

Advertisement
If I’m a WR why am I not wanting to see what the offense and QB produce this season?

They were awful last year... I’ve said this before but even I as a die hard fan needed a very strong buzz to get through Mork Richt offense

Enos needs to put on a great exciting product on the field or this class will dissolve just like the 19 class did!

He will visit other schools and maybe he signs early, maybe he doesn't but what I will say is I love his game and have a feeling he loves us. Stubbs has to stay on him because he can make this kid become a stud in the future

Advertisement
He’s solid until he decides to take visits.

I hope he shuts things down but I’ll believe when the name is on the loi.

What I don't get is why is it ok for coaches and recruiters to "play games" with these kids but if a kid decides he wants to commit when he's allowed to or sign on signing day instead of signing early, they're playing games? It's their college career and I think they can take as much time as they need to. I saw a coach tell a kid he'll recruit another kid now that someone he wanted committed somewhere else. I tell any kid, take your visits and take your time. A kid asked me the other day, why are fans so mad if a Miami kid plays elsewhere but it's ok for coaches to recruit elsewhere besides Miami? Where's the "loyalty" in that?
Because there are certain positions (e.g. OL & DL) where you cannot get enough quality players locally in those areas!

Advertisement
What I don't get is why is it ok for coaches and recruiters to "play games" with these kids but if a kid decides he wants to commit when he's allowed to or sign on signing day instead of signing early, they're playing games? It's their college career and I think they can take as much time as they need to. I saw a coach tell a kid he'll recruit another kid now that someone he wanted committed somewhere else. I tell any kid, take your visits and take your time. A kid asked me the other day, why are fans so mad if a Miami kid plays elsewhere but it's ok for coaches to recruit elsewhere besides Miami? Where's the "loyalty" in that?

It's possible that you don't get it, but it's much more likely that you're just a clumsy troll.

If you're not, here's your answer. People almost always think "right" is whatever benefits them. In this case we're Miami fans (well you aren't, but many of us are) so we want our team to be good. When top kids don't come to Miami that doesn't help us be good. When our coaches keep a 3* on the hook while waiting to hear from a 4*, that's good for us. It means we tried to get the best we could.

Morally, both situations are people doing what's best for themselves so they are equal. But we're biased, so fck that.

Because kids use us to hold a spot until they either get the offer they want, or to drive up their price tag from other schools. Jobe, Hasselwood and Stevenson are great examples.

We wouldn't be mad if they didn't string us along until the day before signing day and we are sitting there with our **** in our hands.

Let’s see what happens in dec like someone else said. If he doesn’t sign or the staff knows in oct or nov he isn’t signing early and has visits scheduled for Jan, tell him if “if you’re looking, we’re looking” and start offering and recruiting others.
I think this is how it should always be!!!

Just like the players have a job to figure out whats best for them, the coaches have a job too!

Advertisement
Stefan nice interview, would be interested in hearing YOUR opinion on the matter.

You buying it?

Advertisement
It could be possible that a lot of kids are a little leery of signing early...

WITH ALL SCHOOLS

Esp with all the coaching and portal stuff that happened in Jan. across the nation.
If I was a kid im not signing early and being obligated to a school while coaches lie to me and then leave

Advertisement
Back