UM announces Travis Williams as inside LB coach; Diaz comments

one of the essential qualities we have been missing at the U is culture. what is culture? discipline, doing things the right way, commitment, maturity, sacrifice, etc. i think culture starts at the top (from the BOT down). we' ve f@cked up so many hires at the U we've compromised the culture in the program, many other reasons too. but having the right coaches is essential to creating and developing and maintaining the right culture. something about T Rob and T Will and Shoop being intense, technical and hard asses will help dramatically.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Internet Rolling GIF
90s dancing GIF
Are these humans or hoomans?

Advertisement
Maybe UM has finally figured it’s cheaper to put up a little more money to get better coaches than to keep paying HC buyouts because you were to cheap to do it.
And before we go forward we should all give a BIG thank you to Mark Richt who walked away without demanding a dime ...I know he walked away but he could have stayed around and destroyed the program even more trying to give his kid a job but he didn’t...and being the true Cane he is didn’t try and hold the university hostage ..

gotta think that extra couple million a year is coming in handy about now..
CMR started this whole thing in motion. Don't be surprised if one day he comes on-board with CMD in an "advisory" off field role.

I was the same way with Manny but like him or hate him he has done nothing but do positive things for the program in both off-season s now it’s time to bring it to the field.There are no excuses.
Staff is as good as it’s been since butch , recruiting is on a roll and should only get better and it’s looks as though the BOT and the University have finally figured out you get what you pay for or in this case what you don’t pay for...

I’m about 90% turned around on Manny but won’t say anything else negative until next year when all these changes somehow fail to make it to the field with W’s.At that point if it doesn’t my voice will never be heard over the deafening roar that will be coming from this fanbase asking for his head.

I’ve been at this longer than most all of you have been alive and I’m hoping I have one more shot to see the Canes battle for a NC....I’m home with my wife both of us fighting this horrid virus but I’m trying to make it through cause I think that manny just might be that guy to get us there..
I had no idea my friend. Godspeed with a solid recovery.

Advertisement
I was the same way with Manny but like him or hate him he has done nothing but do positive things for the program in both off-season s now it’s time to bring it to the field.There are no excuses.
Staff is as good as it’s been since butch , recruiting is on a roll and should only get better and it’s looks as though the BOT and the University have finally figured out you get what you pay for or in this case what you don’t pay for...

I’m about 90% turned around on Manny but won’t say anything else negative until next year when all these changes somehow fail to make it to the field with W’s.At that point if it doesn’t my voice will never be heard over the deafening roar that will be coming from this fanbase asking for his head.

I’ve been at this longer than most all of you have been alive and I’m hoping I have one more shot to see the Canes battle for a NC....I’m home with my wife both of us fighting this horrid virus but I’m trying to make it through cause I think that manny just might be that guy to get us there..
Hang in there brother. Hope you and the wife get well soon.

Unfortunately devonta smith wasn't in the transfer Portal

Diaz got the 2nd best (if not the best) available wr in the portal along with 3 4* WR recruits. What more do you expect?
He expects Manny to come out say Pope and Wiggins ******* suck

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed, one thing I'll add is there's also actual evidence of a positive culture shift amongst the players. You can attribute a lot of that to bringing in King, but my point is there seems to be a lot more accountability from the days of Enos/Jarren/N'Kosi

Still a lot of work to be done in that area, and the UNC game is still fresh in my mind... but I'd argue that strides were made
Hopefully we look back on the UNC game as a necessarily for changes to occur on the defensive staff. Whether it was Manny, Blake or the Board, or all of them, there was obvious embarrassment as to the defense and results and a change was required. Who knows what the defensive staff would be today if we win, or were even competitive against UNC.

Advertisement
Back