UM announces Travaris Robinson as DB coach; Diaz comments

Dude if you think that trio was better than Vilma, dj, and CC you are smoking crack

"we had our best tandem of linebackers here at the same time in my opinion since barrow, rohan and jesse, in dzp52, g-paul and eddie "bath salts" Johnson"

in between the LB tandems you listed we did have Webster, Morgan and Campbell...just saying.

By the way it was Barrow, Smith and Jesse that made up the Bermuda Triangle
I forgot about the nate, Morgan & CAMPBELL, trio, and you right about smith over rohan, but dzp, eddie and gionni as a combo, had they been allowed to grow together, the few times all 3 played together you could easily see what I'm talking about, let alone had we put those 3 behind any of those d-lines those other linebackers got a chance to play behind.

They would' ve consistently had racked up!

Advertisement

What coach Gus Malzahn had to say: "Carlton Davis, a big, long, tall defensive back that coach (Travaris Robinson), one of the first guys that when we hired him he said man we really need to try to go after this guy. He was committed to another school (Ohio State). That relationship really helped with him. Came on a visit, really felt at home. This guy's got a chance to help us right off the bat."

What outside defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson had to say: "Carlton Davis is a long corner. If you kind of look at the history of coach Muschamp and myself and this system we always play with at least one long corner. Again all these guys we going to play against now, they're big. Duke's big, Ricardo's big, just at practice alone you got be able to compete with those guys. You got to be able to have guys that can get the ball (off) guys, bigger body guys. He's definitely that. But a really good football player, going to be good for us."

Last edited by a moderator:

What coach Gus Malzahn had to say: "Carlton Davis, a big, long, tall defensive back that coach (Travaris Robinson), one of the first guys that when we hired him he said man we really need to try to go after this guy. He was committed to another school (Ohio State). That relationship really helped with him. Came on a visit, really felt at home. This guy's got a chance to help us right off the bat."

Yeah he had Thomas in jail yesterday.

that whole bucs defense played other worldly. Helps that drew Brees can’t throw more than 10 yds

Advertisement
Yeah he had Thomas in jail yesterday.

that whole bucs defense played other worldly. Helps that drew Brees can’t throw more than 10 yds

Brees is cooked. I don't expect T-Rob to be here for too long (unless he gets an internal promotion). Still, it'll be a joy to see some real agile guys with size at corner now.

dude you can’t hold a thought and can’t just acknowledge your error. Too many folks seem to think the issue around here is either X or Y, either scheme or talent, either recruiting or evals, etc. As I have been telling folks for almost 20 years, around this program it’s always BOTH.

You said the old guys had people ‘lining up’ to play LB here, and the new guys because of scheme struggle to find willing recruits. But the reality is our LB recruiting issues aren’t primarily a function of scheme. That’s not a defense of the scheme - it’s just facts. We know this because dorito recruited the position harder, went out of area more for it, gave more scholarships to it, and evaluated the kids better. Compared to dorito, manny recruited it lazy as DC, didn’t look far and wide, didn’t give a lot of spots out, and evaluated poorly.

The point of the star comparison is to highlight that they were recruiting from the same pool of kids - which is relevant if you’re here claiming the types of kids dorito could recruit were so different. Data doesn’t support that at all. If dorito had kids lining up to play Lb here he’d have probably recruited a few more highly rated kids - they did so elsewhere on their roster back then and we continue to elsewhere in the roster. And again, I don’t care what kids stars are but you’re the one claiming this massive change in who wants to come here at LB. You called out Paul and Eddie Jackson as good Lbs - both were out of our home territory. Someone mentioned Gordiner - he was from NJ. Dorito recruited Kirby and Young from GA, Kinard from CA, Bond from juco.

What changed from dorito to manny was the number of spots allocated to LB, the effort they put into recruiting the spot, and their evals. Manny as DC couldn’t be bothered to recruit the spot he allegedly coached. Dorito was DC and LB coach also and he took the LB recruiting seriously. Manny may have started to figure this out because flagg. cave are out of area kids.

In any case, you’re completely wrong if you think i’m making excuses for manny - i’m one of his harsher critics. I pointed out that amongst his shortcomings is he **** the bed in Lb recruiting as DC and hasn’t fixed it as HC. He’s also failed to make sure we bring in CBs.

Finally, not sure why you now say we don’t have a talent issue at Lb - everyone can see that we do.
You just agreed with what I been saying without realizing it, if linebackers we're a big part of coach diaz's scheme, than a premium would've been put on recruiting that position, that's why the penn disgrace morons recruited that position more seriously, but let's not act like linebackers from down here didn't want to come here during the moron regime time, they just went an recruited more where they felt comfortable at, but let's not act like skai moore didn't want to come here as well, you know or should know those morons were following the recruiting protocol of troll shalala to go along with them being in omfortable
Rumph didn't recruit those kids and the scheme change helped them. Let's not act like they are pro bowl players now. We all knew that wasn't Rumph that was a scheme change that helped those kids. Of course they looked really good they were finally in attack mode and our interior DL was pretty good. Difference between Riq and Tate was....Tate wasn't going to play at OSU they got a better player.....Riq was cb1 and UGA did not want to lose him. Big difference
LOL, so when the scheme changed, do you think those same players were able to use the same techniques in the new scheme that they learned from the moron regime, or did they have to use new techniques for the new scheme, get real. Now the excuse for transfer tate is, he wasn't gone play their/ohigho fake cause they had a player, the fact that he couldn't be qb1 or 2 here is because why, did we have better players.

UGA wasn't worried about tyrique like that, they slow played em for that undercut bag, that's why it took em so long, they already had an example their in campbell that has not been impressing them, they not worried bout rique, did you see his stats their, in their mind, they lost only a special teams player. It's no guarantee he'll be a starter here, t-rob not guaranteeing nobody nothing.

However I will say this about tyrique, he from here, and normally guys that play with guys from the same mold, they play better, I can see him being able to play the style he grew up playing a lil more, along with the rest of the guys on defense from the crib, and he should start excelling, moving him to safety not gone be an option, to many goons their so cb gone have to work for him.

By the way, how did our db's look against clemson this year!

You just agreed with what I been saying without realizing it, if linebackers we're a big part of coach diaz's scheme, than a premium would've been put on recruiting that position, that's why the penn disgrace morons recruited that position more seriously, but let's not act like linebackers from down here didn't want to come here during the moron regime time, they just went an recruited more where they felt comfortable at, but let's not act like skai moore didn't want to come here as well, you know or should know those morons were following the recruiting protocol of troll shalala to go along with them being in omfortable

LOL, so when the scheme changed, do you think those same players were able to use the same techniques in the new scheme that they learned from the moron regime, or did they have to use new techniques for the new scheme, get real. Now the excuse for transfer tate is, he wasn't gone play their/ohigho fake cause they had a player, the fact that he couldn't be qb1 or 2 here is because why, did we have better players.

UGA wasn't worried about tyrique like that, they slow played em for that undercut bag, that's why it took em so long, they already had an example their in campbell that has not been impressing them, they not worried bout rique, did you see his stats their, in their mind, they lost only a special teams player. It's no guarantee he'll be a starter here, t-rob not guaranteeing nobody nothing.

However I will say this about tyrique, he from here, and normally guys that play with guys from the same mold, they play better, I can see him being able to play the style he grew up playing a lil more, along with the rest of the guys on defense from the crib, and he should start excelling, moving him to safety not gone be an option, to many goons their so cb gone have to work for him.

By the way, how did our db's look against clemson this year!
you’re all over the place. no matter what anyone writes, you interpret it in some weird way then respond off the wall.

bottom line is manny has done a **** job of recruiting lbs. he’s not ‘just’ a victim of his scheme. he’s just done poorly at recruiting it in addition to having a scheme that isn’t ideal for LBs.

and wtf at bringing up skai moore. you’re all off on your tangents. manny ignored bonitto. same point. ain’t no one diving into individual kid choices here.

Advertisement
Well I know 2 of the 3 i mentioned were drafted in the 1st round and made pro bowls so you tell me
We not talkin bout the pro's, we talking bout what they did at UM, cause that's that ray lewis ****, where people either don't know or just out right lie and say ray lewis was the best linebacker at UM, lol, nice try though!

you’re all over the place. no matter what anyone writes, you interpret it in some weird way then respond off the wall.

bottom line is manny has done a **** job of recruiting lbs. he’s not ‘just’ a victim of his scheme. he’s just done poorly at recruiting it in addition to having a scheme that isn’t ideal for LBs.

and wtf at bringing up skai moore. you’re all off on your tangents. manny ignored bonitto. same point. ain’t no one diving into individual kid choices here.
Hey man, it's obvious you don't read or comprehend your own post, that's why you having a hard time comprehending mine

It's obvious you either don't comprehend or pay attention to your own post, that's why you having a hard time following mine, you the one that has alluded to the "star rating system" as a means of this staff and the last moron regime staff being bad evaluators cause according to you, they only signed two "4 stars", that's star ***** ****, you the are the one who alluded to the moron regime going out of state to get linebackers as if linebackers down here didn't want to come in, I gave skai moore, another so called "3 star" linebacker that wanted to come and play here but those morons were to busy and intentionally giving our schalorships away to to many out-of-towners on purpose.

Your feeble attempt to try and rebutt the fact that under the moron regime they had no problems getting linebackers because again, like I said from the beginning, the moron regime's scheme was linebacker oriented, coach diaz's scheme is not, but if you can't keep up with what you post, I shouldn't have to explain your own post to you in order for you t understand my response, WTF is wrong with you man!

We not talkin bout the pro's, we talking bout what they did at UM, cause that's that ray lewis ****, where people either don't know or just out right lie and say ray lewis was the best linebacker at UM, lol, nice try though!
They were better as freshman too but had actual linebackers in front of them playing so they weren't expected or required to play immediately

Advertisement
Hey man, it's obvious you don't read or comprehend your own post, that's why you having a hard time comprehending mine

It's obvious you either don't comprehend or pay attention to your own post, that's why you having a hard time following mine, you the one that has alluded to the "star rating system" as a means of this staff and the last moron regime staff being bad evaluators cause according to you, they only signed two "4 stars", that's star ***** ****, you the are the one who alluded to the moron regime going out of state to get linebackers as if linebackers down here didn't want to come in, I gave skai moore, another so called "3 star" linebacker that wanted to come and play here but those morons were to busy and intentionally giving our schalorships away to to many out-of-towners on purpose.

Your feeble attempt to try and rebutt the fact that under the moron regime they had no problems getting linebackers because again, like I said from the beginning, the moron regime's scheme was linebacker oriented, coach diaz's scheme is not, but if you can't keep up with what you post, I shouldn't have to explain your own post to you in order for you t understand my response, WTF is wrong with you man!
Dude, learn to read. I didn’t do what you said. I’ve been really clear around here on my views on evals. I referenced star ratings as one indication of the talent they were bringing in because you chosed to claim the former staff had LBs lined up to play here and the new one can’t convince them because of scheme. I pointed out that your argument was flawed and in fact, our recent failures have been from bad recruiting and bad evaluations, not some big shift in demand.

We both agree our scheme isn’t LB friendly. You just can’t seem to realize that our LB problems aren’t just scheme. They’re recruiting, too. It’s pretty obvious.

Why you’re mentioning moore to me in the context of this exchange is kind of bizarre. Try to stick to one stupid misunderstanding at a time.

Dude, learn to read. I didn’t do what you said. I’ve been really clear around here on my views on evals. I referenced star ratings as one indication of the talent they were bringing in because you chosed to claim the former staff had LBs lined up to play here and the new one can’t convince them because of scheme. I pointed out that your argument was flawed and in fact, our recent failures have been from bad recruiting and bad evaluations, not some big shift in demand.

We both agree our scheme isn’t LB friendly. You just can’t seem to realize that our LB problems aren’t just scheme. They’re recruiting, too. It’s pretty obvious.

Why you’re mentioning moore to me in the context of this exchange is kind of bizarre. Try to stick to one stupid misunderstanding at a time.
Like I said before, if you don't comprehend your own post, it wouldn't be smart for me to think you're going to comprehend my response. Go get clear on your own post first, than the responses will become clear to you. You to moon walk and keep making excuses for coach diaz, they don't know what they are doing with the linebackers besides trying to use them like deep safeties, I was very clear and the stats are too, since diaz has been here, how many times has a safety led the team in tackles vs the linebackers. Use common sense man, that's not no coincidence, to say "I claimed the former moron regime staff had linebackers lining up to play here" was that a claim or did I post actual proof, even them ignorant ****'s were signing 3 to 4 linebackers per cycle, no need to claim, so your outlet rebuttal was the star *****/better eval route which is particularly why you brought up the "3 star" "4 star" bullshat.

Don't disrespect yourself by not standing by your own words/post, no one forced you to type or post that bullshat. How do you know it's a talent problem when players are being used in the wrong way, our linebackers are not even at their proper depths.

You talking bout "we agree" GTFOH, you saying "the scheme isn't linebacker friendly" you do realize in 2018, diaz brought in one so called linebacker in patrick joyner, in 19, patke got huff and brooks, if you are a highschool recruit, and these ****'s start recruiting you, and now all of a sudden we just started bringing in 3 to 4 linebackers like this last class, when are they gone get a chance to play, it made sense when diaz was recruiting his low numbers(1 or 2 a class), HELLO, we running a 4-2-5 system, so why is linebacker recruiting being picked up, one it's patke, but 2, these young players just don't know better yet.

Ok, Homework assignment for you, go back an actually read your own post, study them first and than post!

Advertisement
I can tell you are mentally challenged and shouldn't even be on this board. Dannyboycane is more qualified than you to talk about canes football clown
Please STFU, sincerely!

More Joaquin:
So we hire a fired DB coach from the 101st ranked defense last year? I’m pumped! We should just hire AJ Machado the jeweler to be our new DC!
5:00 PM

Advertisement
Back