UM announces Feeley as director of S&C, releases statement

View as article
Advertisement
Manny kept Patke, Rumph, and Banda on staff. Those are 3 good reasons not to trust him. You gonna have your heart broken if you trust that man.
Our linebackers had their best season in a long time especially with Finley in the Striker and we had the best pass D in CFB. We are also putting three players from the secondary in the NFL, I get the recruiting part, which we have all 4 stars that will be playing in the secondary but what else do you want with the resources we have?

lRTxfHJ.gif

Advertisement
I’m not an S @ C guy but it sure doesn’t do anything to give me a glimmer of hope for this program. Don’t see an upgrade over either of our last two. If he is, can someone w knowledge explain to us commoners how he is an upgrade?

Our linebackers had their best season in a long time especially with Finley in the Striker and we had the best pass D in CFB. We are also putting three players from the secondary in the NFL, I get the recruiting part, which we have all 4 stars that will be playing in the secondary but what else do you want with the resources we have?
50% of your job as a position coach is recruiting. These 3 have somewhere around a 15% closing rate, which is very poor. Even with our resources (which are not that bad) and more importantly location we should be in much better shape depth wise than we are.

I’m not an S @ C guy but it sure doesn’t do anything to give me a glimmer of hope for this program. Don’t see an upgrade over either of our last two. If he is, can someone w knowledge explain to us commoners how he is an upgrade?
Explain to me how you would “see” an upgrade other than name power of schools? I’m curious.

Advertisement
Everyone lauded the Felder hire. I’m lead to believe that 99 pct of posters have zero idea what they are talking about

I have no idea what makes a good SC coach so I’ll just take the risk here. I think most people just assume the SC coaches at the top schools are great because they are at the top schools (shrugs)

Advertisement
50% of your job as a position coach is recruiting. These 3 have somewhere around a 15% closing rate, which is very poor. Even with our resources (which are not that bad) and more importantly location we should be in much better shape depth wise than we are.
Every single guy that they've lost has gone to one of the 'elite' programmes that are obviously dropping bags to recruit them.

I get that we want our coaches to do better and lock down South Florida, but they're losing to insurmountable odds. Coach Kuligoswki couldn't recruit worth a lick here and now suddenly he's a killer on the trail? Why wasn't his resume pulling in kids to the U?

It's not a fair fight and, quite frankly, I think we should focus on the 3 and 4 star kids with a chip on their shoulder and forget about the 'elite' kids who you have to wipe the **** of for 5 years - only to see them leave for Alabama.

If we start to reel off multiple 10 win seasons then we'll have a recruiting tool to rival the bags that are being dropped.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back