UM and Gaytors discussing a new home-and-home (possibly as early as 2023)

Advertisement
The Orlando Sentinel ruined Blake James announcement though

Yeah, they also ruined his "announcement" about rescheduling the UM-UiF game from 8/31 to 8/24.

Look, I know that I frequently call for Blake James to be fired, BUT COME ON. This guy wants to tickle our ****s with a feather over a future UM-UF game, while actual sports journalists already know the story.

I am not even exaggerating when I say that I expect our AD and SID to be the LAST sources to confirm a story.

Advertisement
Challenge no doubt, but beating those 3 in one year solidifies the resume and just about guarantees a slot in the playoff's
no kidding. If we beat those 3 then we would be guaranteed a spot in the play offs because we would be undefeated assuming we win the acc championship

Yeah, they also ruined his "announcement" about rescheduling the UM-UiF game from 8/31 to 8/24.

Look, I know that I frequently call for Blake James to be fired, BUT COME ON. This guy wants to tickle our ****s with a feather over a future UM-UF game, while actual sports journalists already know the story.

I am not even exaggerating when I say that I expect our AD and SID to be the LAST sources to confirm a story.

Amateur hour

no kidding. If we beat those 3 then we would be guaranteed a spot in the play offs because we would be undefeated assuming we win the acc championship
Being undefeated this or any year with our regular schedule does that. Wouldn't mind seeing more big games on the schedule, but we don't actually need them. We were ranked #2 in 2018 with our normal ACC schedule and ND, so there's no need to line up like 3 heavy games per year.

Bottom line: win the ACC and you're in.

Bottom bottom line: go undefeated then lose to Clem close and we're probably in.

not necessarily opposed but when we get back into the mix for the playoff having UF and FSU plus probably clemson in the ACC championship game every year is going to be a challenge.

It should be. It helps recruiting and it toughens up your team playing under pressure against talent.

Advertisement
I'd like to see UF on the schedule more often.

Don't like having mostly creampuffs out of the non-schedule opponents.

And usually UF is good - don't know how they'll do this year - but I do know they'll be taken behind the wood shed in about a week.

Other than Notre Dame we don't have a hated rivalry. FSU is a respected rivalry. I love this idea we had a home and away with the gator for many years.

Advertisement
They can’t sustain having us and FSU as NCOs on top of 8 SEC games every year. They wouldn’t sniff the playoffs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back