UM - Among top 20 US universities w/ wealthiest alumni

Advertisement
$30 mill net worth is not a figure that should impress people. In today’s boom economy many entrepreneurs, entertainers and athletes are worth $100,000,000’s.+ Tiger Woods, grad of Stanford is worth about $500,000,000. Ross, owner of Dolphins, grad of University of Michigan, has net worth in billions. Phil Knight of Nike is worth in excess of 30 billion dollars. The U does not attract the type students that major in business and go on to become giants in starting up innovative ground breaking companies. It is in that area where the multi-billionaires make their mark.
Stopped reading at this nonsense.

Advertisement
$30 mill net worth is not a figure that should impress people. In today’s boom economy many entrepreneurs, entertainers and athletes are worth $100,000,000’s.+ Tiger Woods, grad of Stanford is worth about $500,000,000. Ross, owner of Dolphins, grad of University of Michigan, has net worth in billions. Phil Knight of Nike is worth in excess of 30 billion dollars. The U does not attract the type students that major in business and go on to become giants in starting up innovative ground breaking companies. It is in that area where the multi-billionaires make their mark.

30 million isn't rich, but it still is a respectable net worth. Also, as UM puts more and more kids on the street they are increasing their chances of pumping out more and more multi billionaires since they can make over a bill a year if they play their cards right.

Totally bogus list. They have so many facts wrong.

For example, Jeff Bezos is the richest person in the world. He and his ex-wife both graduated from Princeton. Their total net worth is in excess of $100 billion. How is it possible that these geniuses calculate the combined net worth of all of the UHNW graduates from Princeton is $1.1 billion?

Interesting list. I'd be interested to know how much of this wealth is inherited.

Its got to be a lot. If you look at the list 3-4 schools pop up that make you scratch your head at first. USC, UM, Cal LA, BU. They are obviously great schools, but not on the level of the other schools. Then you realize those 4 schools are known for being filled with rich kids. Tons of my friends from UM are now working for their parents business, expecting to take it over when he retires.

I actually knew a couple kids who got into schools like UVA, Duke, etc but chose to go to Miami instead. Why? Because they were going to take over their fathers business and the school they went to didn't really matter. They said they would much rather spend their weekends "balling in south beach then being in the middle of nowhere in VA or NC). These kids really did ball out too lol. Dropping 10+k on a Sat was a weekly thing.

Now they are 4-5 years out of school making 7 figures a year and driving up that average salary. If they didn't come from that family they probably would have A went to Duke and B would have only been making 6 figures.

Advertisement
Totally bogus list. They have so many facts wrong.

For example, Jeff Bezos is the richest person in the world. He and his ex-wife both graduated from Princeton. Their total net worth is in excess of $100 billion. How is it possible that these geniuses calculate the combined net worth of all of the UHNW graduates from Princeton is $1.1 billion?

I can't figure this out. I was looking at that same thing. Plus if you look at UM, the rocks net worth alone would basically make up the entirety of that number. That is not even counting all the other athletes that should be included on that list(even if a lot of them didn't graduate).

I can't figure this out. I was looking at that same thing. Plus if you look at UM, the rocks net worth alone would basically make up the entirety of that number. That is not even counting all the other athletes that should be included on that list(even if a lot of them didn't graduate).

This chick just made up the rankings and numbers. Didn't even think about making **** make sense. Just threw out random numbers.

We don't need a list like this to know that Miami alumni rank among the most wealthy. Same thing with the other schools on the list.

Advertisement
We also have to lead the country in percentage of alumni who could care less about the football program.

The U has a ton of international students from Asia and South America who are casual fans at best.
Bingo. No more comments needed on this subject. You nailed it!

Wealth-X ranked the top 20 US colleges with the most ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) alumni in its new report, " The University of Ultra High Net Worth Alumni Rankings 2019." The report analyzed the Wealth-X database to look at the relationship between education and wealth levels across universities worldwide.

Wealth-X reported the actual number of UNHW individuals known to hold a degree from each institution and then calculated a projected estimate to predict the number of alumni with the total global UHNW population. Wealth-X defines ultra-high-net-worth individuals as those with assets exceeding $30 million and included both undergraduate and graduate alumni with degrees.

18. University of Miami is located in Coral Gables, Florida.

Estimated ultra-high-net-worth population: 1,700

Estimated combined wealth of all UHNW graduates: $309 million
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is why UM will never fund a Foundation nor play the "bag name". Manny needs to start showing parents this study. Only 7% of college football will ever earn a salary from the NFL. UM is the perfect hedge! Train with the best and rely on a first rate education when football ends................ Neither Georgetown, Vanderbilt, Brown, Dartmouth nor Duke made the list!

Well, equating what a kid can accomplish out of UM realistically out liberty city on a football scholarship w/o a NFL future Is different from what a regular student who can Already afford to go to UM off rip is different..I’d say a lot of the reg students at UM come from pretty well off Families..if not wealthy...

Advertisement
Its got to be a lot. If you look at the list 3-4 schools pop up that make you scratch your head at first. USC, UM, Cal LA, BU. They are obviously great schools, but not on the level of the other schools. Then you realize those 4 schools are known for being filled with rich kids. Tons of my friends from UM are now working for their parents business, expecting to take it over when he retires.

I actually knew a couple kids who got into schools like UVA, Duke, etc but chose to go to Miami instead. Why? Because they were going to take over their fathers business and the school they went to didn't really matter. They said they would much rather spend their weekends "balling in south beach then being in the middle of nowhere in VA or NC). These kids really did ball out too lol. Dropping 10+k on a Sat was a weekly thing.

Now they are 4-5 years out of school making 7 figures a year and driving up that average salary. If they didn't come from that family they probably would have A went to Duke and B would have only been making 6 figures.
Exactly. I can see if the list said kids who were on athletics scholarship. But most families who can afford those schools are rich/generationally wealthy.

So say a kid from liberty city, fist gen college student comes here, gets hurt or whatever and loses a shot at the league. Sure a degree from UM is worth a lot(depending on the area) but it doesn’t translate into wealth. So selling that path to the kid from liberty city wouldn’t be the end all be all..getting to the league is still the golden ticket

Exactly. I can see if the list said kids who were on athletics scholarship. But most families who can afford those schools are rich/generationally wealthy.

So say a kid from liberty city, fist gen college student comes here, gets hurt or whatever and loses a shot at the league. Sure a degree from UM is worth a lot(depending on the area) but it doesn’t translate into wealth. So selling that path to the kid from liberty city wouldn’t be the end all be all..getting to the league is still the golden ticket

Ya its not like its a Ivy or Stanford degree. I don't understand how Stanford doesn't get more top talent. If you can't make the league, but have good grades you will probably be making more than the NFL guys with a good degree from there.

Ya its not like its a Ivy or Stanford degree. I don't understand how Stanford doesn't get more top talent. If you can't make the league, but have good grades you will probably be making more than the NFL guys with a good degree from there.
Stanford don’t just let anyone in. Even for athletes it’s pretty hard to get in That’s the thing. A lot of those schools are about family connections, who you know etc etc..fact is in my opinion the Higher education system is broken. Just like the penal system. That scandal with those parents paying for test scores is just the tip of the iceberg. But nobody will dig more to find out. **** like that been going on for decades..basketball and football is not the only bag game in town

Stanford don’t just let anyone in. Even for athletes it’s pretty hard to get in That’s the thing. A lot of those schools are about family connections, who you know etc etc..fact is in my opinion the Higher education system is broken. Just like the penal system. That scandal with those parents paying for test scores is just the tip of the iceberg. But nobody will dig more to find out. **** like that been going on for decades..basketball and football is not the only bag game in town
Of course lol. I didn't know Stanford was that selective with athletes. Makes sense though. If I got a fully scholly to Stanford I would be going there unless I was a lock for the NFL. Even then I may go to Stanford if I was trying to become rich rich.

Advertisement
Back