UM Amateur Hour...

Tobias23

Recruit
I am posting this as a huge Hurricane fan. My Dad was a HOF coach and good friends with Sam Jankovich, CM Netwon (AD at Kentucky) for many years. Watching the ineptness going on at UM is mind boggling with Blake, and the entire administration. They are letting the program go to waste:

1) Football-0 and 7 against last power 5 teams2
2) Baseball-lost nearly 8 kids to portal, and has underachieved in the worst way
3) Basketball-bottom dwellers in ACC

The football program has deteriorated to the point where there will be no fan base. Unless the AD acts quickly to let everyone know that they care, it will continue on this spiral. If the powers-that-be do not want a competitive athletic department (which they have proven over and over by the decisions that have been made), then come out and let the fanbase know it. Or better yet, move to a lower level of football. The ACC was the worst decision for this University, as they pocketed the money, and didnt care whta type of product they put on the field. Now is the time for the ADMIN to put up or shut up-the time has come to relieve Mr Diaz of his duties. The firing is inevitable, so just come out like LSU, so you can start a search for the next head coach at Miami. So sad this great University has come to this!!!

Advertisement
Blake is waiting with fingers crossed for the basketball team to do better than the horrible last season, to take some of the heat off...

Looks like the Grant of Rights for the ACC runs through 2036 so Miami has 15 years left of free checks from the conference.

I sincerely hope the ACC floats the idea of not renewing Miam's Grant of Rights so the school gets their sh't together and stops relying on those ACC checks that it hasn't earned.

That's the only way this school gets serious about sports. ******* welfare university.

Advertisement
Looks like the Grant of Rights for the ACC runs through 2036 so Miami has 15 years left of free checks from the conference.
black and white love GIF

I sincerely hope the ACC floats the idea of not renewing Miam's Grant of Rights so the school gets their sh't together and stops relying on those ACC checks that it hasn't earned.

That's the only way this school gets serious about sports. ******* welfare university.

The conference structure as we know it will get blown up in the next few years... the question is where we land if that happens.
We still might slide through on potential..

The conference structure as we know it will get blown up in the next few years... the question is where we land if that happens.
We still might slide through on potential..
Potential? Lol…Unless Miami gets this next hire right and beefs up their infrastructure, IMO they aren’t getting invited. Miami’s reputation is horrible…Those checks will be gone very soon. I don’t think they fully understood with Blake at the helm that realignment is coming soon and they will get left out.

Advertisement
Potential? Lol…Unless Miami gets this next hire right and beefs up their infrastructure, IMO they aren’t getting invited. Miami’s reputation is horrible…Those checks will be gone very soon. I don’t think they fully understood with Blake at the helm that realignment is coming soon and they will get left out.
I don't know, every conference needs some patsies for the big boys to beat up on. And fans still love beating us as if we are still relevant

Advertisement
Diaz is the worst coaching hire we've ever had at Miami. I know that sounds harsh but feels aside, with Clemson being down, the other Coastal teams looking like dog ****, this should be been the first year since the 2004 switch that we've won a conference championship. Instead that hire only pushed us further into the spiral and our only wins are against App State and Central Connecticut.

Advertisement

This is why you need an AD with at least some semblance of business sense like Tom Jurich. Getting a terrible school like Louisville into the ACC is impressive.

agreed 100% this is most likely the only issue that will get BOT off its *** to get of this clown

Advertisement
Back