Uh oh...

I like Guidry, BUT...he's not irreplaceable . We like him b/c hes not Dawson. There are plenty of good DC's out there. That said, i hope he stays.
Yah let’s roll the dice again. Mario always lands his first I mean second I mean third choice and gets it right the first tkme

Just Kidding Jk GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are 5-7 and 7-6 last 2 years. We don’t know how to take a knee in victory formation, have no idea what time outs are for or what a play clock is about. Can’t recruit WR’s QB’s or CB’s. We play in a conference that can’t compete financially with B10 or SEC. The officials in our own conference ***** us whenever possible.
There is literally nothing left you could say uh oh to that would cause me to lose any sleep over this program any longer. No coach leaving, no player leaving, no recruit not signing. No QB choosing to be a third day nfl pick than make 7 figures playing QB for 1 year for us. No coach putting all his eggs in one basket and if that QB doesn’t choose us we are stuck holding our ****s. Nothing makes my heart rate increase anymore when I see a thread titled uh oh.

We are 5-7 and 7-6 last 2 years. We don’t know how to take a knee in victory formation, have no idea what time outs are for or what a play clock is about. Can’t recruit WR’s QB’s or CB’s. We play in a conference that can’t compete financially with B10 or SEC. The officials in our own conference ***** us whenever possible.
There is literally nothing left you could say uh oh to that would cause me to lose any sleep over this program any longer. No coach leaving, no player leaving, no recruit not signing. No QB choosing to be a third day nfl pick than make 7 figures playing QB for 1 year for us. No coach putting all his eggs in one basket and if that QB doesn’t choose us we are stuck holding our ****s. Nothing makes my heart rate increase anymore when I see a thread titled uh oh.
@PIPO we have a new contender for mope awards I think

Advertisement
For those pooh-poohing the idea of losing Guidry, stop. Mario has not demonstrated that he's strong on the Xs and Os side. He needs strong and capable coordinators. I don't want Mario hiring another DC again this offseason and no one should either. I think Guidry is more than capable and can elevate Mario. No need to risk Mario making another vanilla coordinator hire because of the 4 coordinators he's hired, he's only hit on 1/4 and that one hit is Guidry. Batting .250 on coordinator hires doesn't make me excited about what would happen if the DC slot were to open here.

Advertisement
Honestly I’m right there with you it’s sad but it looks to be truth…like is anyone here really hopeful for the next season even if Lamar Jackson or Mahomes is the Qb? smh I thought Mario learned from Saban….

For those pooh-poohing the idea of losing Guidry, stop. Mario has not demonstrated that he's strong on the Xs and Os side. He needs strong and capable coordinators. I don't want Mario hiring another DC again this offseason and no one should either. I think Guidry is more than capable and can elevate Mario. No need to risk Mario making another vanilla coordinator hire because of the 4 coordinators he's hired, he's only hit on 1/4 and that one hit is Guidry. Batting .250 on coordinator hires doesn't make me excited about what would happen if the DC slot were to open here.
Not only that but the 2024 recruiting class suffered from us spending so much time on the coaching search last year

We had basically no one committed besides a kicker at this point last year and we played catch up. We are off to a really good start for 2025 but Mario to me doesn’t seem to be very good at juggling multiple things at once

Advertisement
If there was ever a time to play prevent defense it was the end of the G Tech game. As deep and as wide as the deepest player. Miami defense let a player get behind them. Inexcusable even if they should not have been on the field.
There were 136 plays in that game. To pin the loss on the defense because of one play when the offense turned the ball over 5 times, only scored 20 points and didn't take a knee when it would have ended the game is a HUGE stretch.

Last edited:
Popping in on page three to say I'm not nervous.

If I pop back in on page 23 and see people talking about how good of a D-coordinator Jason Taylor would be, then I'll get nervous.

Advertisement
Back