Uh Oh.Very likely’ Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher to TexAM

I hope he doesn't leave, and that program continues its slow rot. It doesn't seem likely that he'd leave, yet. While I'm sure most of the FSU fans aren't happy, I think that he's mostly getting a pass, for the Francois injury.

Advertisement
Wait a minute, I seem to recall over hearing someone talk about their second cousin who knows a dude that heard bimbo was going to uf.

This guy is spewing random **** not knowing what he is talking about

I stopped reading as soon as I saw Gruden's name mentioned.

even if gruden wasn't an absurd pipe dream and he did take the job i predict he would be a spectacular failure in college. can't see him wanting to do all of the heavy lifting that college coaches have to do vis a vis compliance and recruiting.

Clay Travis is a talentless hack who worships at the alter of the SEC. He literally cannot imagine a world in which the SEC is not the be-all end-all for college football, even though the last 4-5 years have showed us that good coaches are avoiding the conference like the plague for one reason: Nick Saban.

The linked article basically says "Jimbo Fischer will leave Texas A&M because the SEC is better and I say so." Fischer has NO REASON to leave Tallahassee; it's in no way a better job, and Fischer won't have to beat Saban every year to win the SECW if he stays in Tallatrashee. This is a dumb comment by a dumb writer who has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Advertisement
I would negative recruit the heck out of this to anyone considering FSU.

When our coach was rumored to be a gonner everyone negative recruited against us.

payback!

Prohibitive buyout.

Jimbo's not going anywhere.
no its not, read below!

What if Jimbo Fisher wants to leave?
That’s different.

If he elects to leave, Fisher’s buyout is the sum of all monies remaining on the contracts of his assistant coaches not retained by the university.

So, for example, if Fisher leaves, and the university retains none of ten coaches each making $500,000 on one-year deals, Fisher would owe the school $5M within 30 days. Given that many assistants are employed on two- or three-year contracts, this number is believed to be around $7M if Fisher were to leave following the 2017 season.

Jimbo is not going anywhere. FSU has placed a $39M buyout in his contract and unless they fire him [mutual agreement] no other school can pay that and his $60M salary. His staff on the other hand are all about to be unemployed.

Advertisement
Jimbo is not going anywhere. FSU has placed a $39M buyout in his contract and unless they fire him [mutual agreement] no other school can pay that and his $60M salary. His staff on the other hand are all about to be unemployed.

no it's not...read

What if Jimbo Fisher wants to leave?
That’s different.

If he elects to leave, Fisher’s buyout is the sum of all monies remaining on the contracts of his assistant coaches not retained by the university.

So, for example, if Fisher leaves, and the university retains none of ten coaches each making $500,000 on one-year deals, Fisher would owe the school $5M within 30 days. Given that many assistants are employed on two- or three-year contracts, this number is believed to be around $7M if Fisher were to leave following the 2017 season.

LOL. SEC schools living off the back of BAMA. Just because they are in the same conference they all think their **** doesn't stink.

I just don't see any reason Jimbo would go to A&M especially if he turned down LSU last year. He had already lived in coached in Baton Rouge and LSU is a MUCH better program. Makes zero sense. Also, FSU is a top 5 college football job. Don't see how he would leave at this point.

Advertisement
Not saying Jimbo is leaving but I think his buyout drops considerably after this year.

There's no buyout if he just quits for another job.

Is he allowed to just leave without paying a penalty? Both side usually put in language to protect themselves.

Sure, but unless your agent sucks, those penalties aren't nearly as onerous. Big name coaches signing or re-signing while they're hot have all the leverage.

He will throw his asst. coaches under the bus after next week and stay put.

Advertisement

Either you guys are executing a pretty impressive troll job or you are not reading the entire thread. The $39M is if he gets fired by fsu. He only owes what his assistants are under contract for if they are not retained by the new coach, which is estimated to be around $7M. That's pocket change for A&M

Do you guys still think Chip Kelly's show cause will go into effect when he takes another college job?

That's a good question. I don't know if there's like a statute of limitations on that or what it is.

Advertisement
Back