Tears UGA Tears

Now, I really wanna see that kid try that next year at a home game. Man, that would be so satisfying.

Advertisement
This guy’s schtick works because he is talking smack to a bunch of preppy college kids who aren’t interested in going to jail for getting into a fight. That won’t work with a pro crowd or in a pro city like Miami because enough of the crowd is willing to fight and could care less about a misdemeanor battery charge.

It’s easy when you know people won’t fight you. I worked the door at a few bars in Ann Arbor. Anytime someone was too drunk or needed to be kicked out, if they gave me a hard time, I just threatened to call the police and the college kids ran to the door. Easy. If I tried the same thing in Detroit or Miami, it would have been a different outcome for all of us.

This guy’s schtick works because he is talking smack to a bunch of preppy college kids who aren’t interested in going to jail for getting into a fight. That won’t work with a pro crowd or in a pro city like Miami because enough of the crowd is willing to fight and could care less about a misdemeanor battery charge.

It’s easy when you know people won’t fight you. I worked the door at a few bars in Ann Arbor. Anytime someone was too drunk or needed to be kicked out, if they gave me a hard time, I just threatened to call the police and the college kids ran to the door. Easy. If I tried the same thing in Detroit or Miami, it would have been a different outcome for all of us.
Can we merge these, please?

Thread 'UGA Tears'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/uga-tears.174462/

@Empirical Cane -

mr bean whatever GIF

I’d pay for him to try to do that at a niners game…

Advertisement

yep. Chinstrap canes fam will stuff croqutas down his mouth after beating him to a bloody pulp.

I do find it amusing how these fans taunt each other with "cousin fvckers" and "80% acceptance". like, aren't they basically in the same boat? lol

Advertisement
There is a lot of turnover for them.

In all seriousness, you know this portal stuff is driving some of these upper tier coaches bonkers. As long as Kirby is there they’ll always have stellar first team talent, but the biggest advantage they had over teams, their depth, is going to be harder and harder to maintain. If their front line guys get hurt and they’re no longer replacing them with DUDES, but JAGS, this will be a tough pill for Kirby to swallow…but I’m loving it.

Quality depth and roster continuity are two aspects that will be difficult to maintain in the portal era. That 5* leaving might not be living up to expectations, but replacing his experience and maturity with a 5* true freshman doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve upgraded your roster.

They’ll always have more talent than most teams, but you’ll see the effects of not having a two and three deep roster of 4* and 5* players that have been in the system for 2+ years eventually take its toll.

There’s something to be said for developing players under a stable coaching staff for a number of years. It helps build a foundation. When you’re constantly taking pieces of that foundation and replacing it with new parts it’s not as solid.

Advertisement
Quality depth and roster continuity are two aspects that will be difficult to maintain in the portal era. That 5* leaving might not be living up to expectations, but replacing his experience and maturity with a 5* true freshman doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve upgraded your roster.

They’ll always have more talent than most teams, but you’ll see the effects of not having a two and three deep roster of 4* and 5* players that have been in the system for 2+ years eventually take its toll.

There’s something to be said for developing players under a stable coaching staff for a number of years. It helps build a foundation. When you’re constantly taking pieces of that foundation and replacing it with new parts it’s not as solid.
Every year I always wonder how it will play out the 5 star transfer vs 3-4 star developmental debate. Is it better to get a lower rated guy and develop him just for him to chase the bag, or get the 5 star you have to chase WITH the bag and they’re not as good as you thought then end up transferring out

Advertisement
Back