UGA Jamie Newman likely opting out of season.

Advertisement
Literally can’t get easier for the gators this year. Avoided Bama but kept Vandy in the new scheduling, LSU losing players by the boatload and now Georgia loses their QB lol
I mean, it sees like Daniels was the better QB from this decision. Newman was about to get beat out.

Advertisement
Did everyone skip over this part of the article? Rut roh.

"Kirby Smart has repeatedly said the former USC quarterback is not medically cleared to compete on the field as he continues to rehab following last season’s knee injury knocked him out of every game aside from the season opener."

You guys are letting Kirby Dumbass off the hook too much...

Kirby plays politics with his starting positions & he blatantly lies to kids faces about what role he'll have them playing, it's exactly why Divaad left because Kirby told him he was gonna be playing outside Boundary Corner & then he immediately moved him to STAR (Nickel Safety/Striker).

Let's not forget Kibry was the same idiot who chose Fromm over Justin Fields, who's to say Kirby actually had a fair competition in the first place? After he got Jamie Newman he immediately went & got JT Daniels & JT got probably the quickest eligibility ruling we've seen in recent memory, it seems pretty clear to me the fix was in.

Don't put it past Kirby to have told both Newman & Daniels separately & privately that they would start, I'm not just gonna automatically assume that Newman just left because he lost it fair & square... There's nothing fair about Kibry Smart.

Newman hasn’t showed anything on film, nothing. He’s not a high pick. That’s why he transferred to UGay. To actually put something on film to where he can get drafted high. The other guys opting out are pretty much sure things.
Which means like I already posted in this thread, he got beat out by Daniels and this is his way of saving face.

Using Covid as an excuse, if that’s what his excuse is, is no excuse at all with all the precautions being taken.

Advertisement
You guys are letting Kirby Dumbass off the hook too much...

Kirby plays politics with his starting positions & he blatantly lies to kids faces about what role he'll have them playing, it's exactly why Divaad left because Kirby told him he was gonna be playing outside Boundary Corner & then he immediately moved him to STAR (Nickel Safety/Striker).

Let's not forget Kibry was the same idiot who chose Fromm over Justin Fields, who's to say Kirby actually had a fair competition in the first place? After he got Jamie Newman he immediately went & got JT Daniels & JT got probably the quickest eligibility ruling we've seen in recent memory, it seems pretty clear to me the fix was in.

Don't put it past Kirby to have told Newman & Daniels privately that they would start, I'm not just gonna automatically assume that Newman just left because he lost it fair & square... There's nothing fair about Kibry Smart.

I missed that he was cleared by the NCAA. That's official? I keep reading he's NOT cleared, but I know you're correct if you posted it, so they must be talking about not cleared medically. I was under the impression he was still waiting for a waiver.

I missed that he was cleared by the NCAA. That's official? I keep reading he's NOT cleared, but I know you're correct if you posted it, so they must be talking about not cleared medically. I was under the impression he was still waiting for a waiver.

He was cleared by the NCAA. One of the quickest turnarounds ever. Im not even sure joey gatewood has been cleared yet and he transferred months before Daniels

Daniels has not been cleared medically.

Advertisement
He's eligible to play, but he's not physically cleared to play because of his injury.

He got his waiver approved back on July 13th.

Whew, glad we got King over this kid. Had enough headaches at QB over the past few years.

relieved thank god GIF by Wiz Khalifa

Advertisement
Newman hasn’t showed anything on film, nothing. He’s not a high pick. That’s why he transferred to UGay. To actually put something on film to where he can get drafted high. The other guys opting out are pretty much sure things.
More of a Roche situation, where he needed to up the competition level to move into the early rounds.

He was cleared by the NCAA. One of the quickest turnarounds ever. Im not even sure joey gatewood has been cleared yet and he transferred months before Daniels

Daniels has not been cleared medically.

I know Gatewood is still waiting. Think it's been 9 months lol.

2 years and sitting out the junior year is officially the new normal in college football. Covid was the excuse but the reality is that this genie is out of the bottle. The next push from this will be another lawsuit (if not consented to) against the NFL to accept players 2 years after high school graduation, or some other paid, developmental, 1 year league will come into existence like the G-League.
Any kid who is expecting to be a 1st round pick will seriously consider opting out. Jadevoen (however it is spelled) Clowney was just a few years early.

Who knows. Maybe Quincy Avery told him don’t hurt yourself in a situation you may not be able to control. Go now while your name is out there and your stock in the Public eye is pretty high...

Advertisement
Back