UGA Jamie Newman likely opting out of season.

Greg Rousseau?

Newman is still going to be a high draft pick. I see where you're coming from, for sure...he could have raised his draft stock, theoretically, and clearly went to UGA to do so. But he's going to make a lot of money in April regardless if he plays a snap for UGA or not. So, just go. Lots of other kids are. It's all a total bull**** smokescreen using Covid as the reason, of course. But it's not crazy for him to opt out. He's an NFL player right now.
Lol.

Rosseau is a top 10 pick no matter how much you all demean his production. He’s the definition of laughing all the way to the bank.

Newman is a poor to mediocre passer whose play tanked the moment he lost the player with actual NFL talent Wake had on offense. He went to UGA to play in a more pro style O, allegedly, to prepare for the League.

There is no comparison between the two players.

Advertisement
Greg Rousseau?

Newman is still going to be a high draft pick. I see where you're coming from, for sure...he could have raised his draft stock, theoretically, and clearly went to UGA to do so. But he's going to make a lot of money in April regardless if he plays a snap for UGA or not. So, just go. Lots of other kids are. It's all a total bull**** smokescreen using Covid as the reason, of course. But it's not crazy for him to opt out. He's an NFL player right now.
True, as a fan of the sport, it just sucks to see all these players opting out. Hope this doesn't become the norm where kids will sit out there 3rd or 4th year to get ready for the draft. College basketball was ruined once kids could turn pro after one year, hate to see CFB heading in a similar direction.

Lol.

Rosseau is a top 10 pick no matter how much you all demean his production. He’s the definition of laughing all the way to the bank.

Newman is a poor to mediocre passer whose play tanked the moment he lost the player with actual NFL talent Wake had on offense. He went to UGA to play in a more pro style O, allegedly, to prepare for the League.

There is no comparison between the two players.

I wasn't comparing them. He asked who opts out of their money year. Several kids have, and yes I agree Rousseau will still likely be a Top 10 pick, but there's certainly questions surrounding him that a lot of scouts hoped would be answered this year.

Newman will still be drafted plenty high enough to use a bull**** excuse as a reason to save himself some wear and tear. And, as long as you pretend you're scared, front office personnel aren't going to hold it against you and drop you down their boards. He's going to be a millionaire in April with zero repercussions for quitting. Easy decision, if this is the type of person you are.

True, as a fan of the sport, it just sucks to see all these players opting out. Hope this doesn't become the norm where kids will sit out there 3rd or 4th year to get ready for the draft. College basketball was ruined once kids could turn pro after one year, hate to see CFB heading in a similar direction.

Oh, **** yes. We had a few threads about this last week and I said the same thing.

And sadly, it will very much become the norm. Sure, you'll have the Trevor Lawrence's of the world. Every kid is different. But if Covid is gone next fall, you're still going to have plenty of kids opt out of the season.

As a matter of fact, Ja'Marr Chase made no mention of Covid in his decision, from what I read. I could be wrong, but his decision was just "Eh...I'm good on college. Pay me." And can you blame him?

Advertisement
I wasn't comparing them. He asked who opts out of their money year. Several kids have, and yes I agree Rousseau will still likely be a Top 10 pick, but there's certainly questions surrounding him that a lot of scouts hoped would be answered this year.

Newman will still be drafted plenty high enough to use a bull**** excuse as a reason to save himself some wear and tear. And, as long as you pretend you're scared, front office personnel aren't going to hold it against you and drop you down their boards. He's going to be a millionaire in April with zero repercussions for quitting. Easy decision, if this is the type of person you are.
Can't argue with the first part above. Dead on.

Plus. let's not act as if this is a brand new idea. It really gained momentum with higher profile guys skipping bowl games, then you had things like the Nick Bosa decision. Guys really started to think about how to gain and protect draft positions. The "shut down" result is the same, just using different circumstances to explain or justify it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This will become the norm and college football will never be the same. Bama and company will get Gutted every year from kids opting out and they won’t be able to fill an 85 man with the current IC rules

Advertisement
Newman hasn’t showed anything on film, nothing. He’s not a high pick. That’s why he transferred to UGay. To actually put something on film to where he can get drafted high. The other guys opting out are pretty much sure things.

This guy transfers to not play?
He either didn’t get the job or didn't like the offense. Or something wrong up in uga as I and others have suspected including Fields.
Either way uga is getting a dude who lost His job to a freshman at usc.

Advertisement
Oh, **** yes. We had a few threads about this last week and I said the same thing.

And sadly, it will very much become the norm. Sure, you'll have the Trevor Lawrence's of the world. Every kid is different. But if Covid is gone next fall, you're still going to have plenty of kids opt out of the season.

As a matter of fact, Ja'Marr Chase made no mention of Covid in his decision, from what I read. I could be wrong, but his decision was just "Eh...I'm good on college. Pay me." And can you blame him?
Trevor Lawrence as well as any kid from Clem$on!!

Advertisement
Back