UGA is Proof.. The Spread is 🗑️

I am certain there are quite a few folks on this site that truly would enjoy that.

train tunnel GIF
Thanks. I thought something was wrong with me.

Advertisement
All good.

Whether I was a fan of any particular coach at the time he was hired or not, I always try to give each Miami coach a fair shot at first. But I hated what I saw on the field by the end of the aTm game, and even the brief TVD resurgence around the UNC game didn't change my thoughts on letting Gattis move on this off-season.

Let's just turn the page. I've been told that Mario is willing to be flexible about scheme, but Mario also has to prove it with who he hires and how he empowers that person.
I didnt mean you. there were other people who went hard in the paint lol. I dont have an issue with you. I find it entertaining to go back n forth with your tbh.

regarding Mario, I think he does things really well and has proven to be a good HC. the offense was the side of the ball I was concerned w when he got hired and I agree hes gotta prove it now. he went w his way the first time around even if JG wasn't the desired first choice and it failed miserably. plenty of time to turn it around and the recruiting class aside from the obvious is stellar (id alos like to upgrade QB bc im honestly not big on emory as some people are).

People are slipping if they think T Monken isn’t running circles around what we run. He’s an air raid guy that’s melded his offense with what Kirby wants. Bama and UGA are operating in another stratosphere with Monken and butt chin. They have offenses ran by a former NFL head coach and a former nfl OC. They’re elite at play-calling and talent. You need both.
I agree u need play calling our play calling and system I don't like. I would lean on u need talent more though, I think we would look alot different if we had an elite roster. It wouldn't look nice but it would get the job done

Advertisement
I'm always amazed when people just throw spread out into the air, like it's a bad thing. They obviously don't know what they're watching when teams line up. It's a boogeyman to them.

Ohio State put up 41 on Georgia running a spread offense.

You need hogs up front to do anything, regardless of system. Tennessee couldn't move the ball running a spread against UGA but neither could Michigan running their traditional offense last year.
All about the elite trenches. U get pernial first rounders at DT and OL and u cooking no matter what. In a few years we should be able to push anyone around in the ACC and that alone in itself is huge. That changes everything cause elite playmakers want to play with an established front they know what wins games and what allows them to showcase there talent. And time showcases talent when u have time to sit back and play pitch and catch

It's crazy a fan base can't see we got the right dude when we had all bad coaches. They want all these fancy play call geniuses as HC yet those guys don't win natties and keep you relevant lol. Proof is all over cfb on how to build a power. Super sample size for years and we just going to ignore it lol. I think the problem is the fan base thought we recruited elite for years and we didn't, I said for years we recruited poorly regardless of rankings

Miami hasn’t been at this level of recruiting since the talent that came out of the 01 and 02 NFL draft.

Lmfao so very wrong

Miami was 23rd under diaz lmfao
Ole miss was 24th

Oregon 42nd

Not even close

**** Lashlee and that trash *** offense.. what would the score be if they played each other?

Oregon / Mario - 50

Miami / Lashlee - 6

Last edited:
Advertisement
All about the elite trenches. U get pernial first rounders at DT and OL and u cooking no matter what. In a few years we should be able to push anyone around in the ACC and that alone in itself is huge. That changes everything cause elite playmakers want to play with an established front they know what wins games and what allows them to showcase there talent. And time showcases talent when u have time to sit back and play pitch and catch
Is that why Iowa and Wisconsin pull in all those playmakers? How about Michigan? Loaded with skill talent because they want to play with traditionally great O lines? How about Arkansas with Sam Pittman as HC and a great OL? Playmakers flocking there?

Miami hasn’t been at this level of recruiting since the talent that came out of the 01 and 02 NFL draft. Thats the

**** Lashlee and that trash *** offense.. what would the score be if they played each other?

Oregon / Mario - 50

Miami / Lashlee - 6
We haven't recruited like this since then facts. Bruh everytime we had a recruiting class I looked at bama and the top classes and looked at our class and said our **** is cheeks.

Miami hasn’t been at this level of recruiting since the talent that came out of the 01 and 02 NFL draft. Thats the

Oregon / Mario - 50

Miami / Lashlee - 6
Lmfao. Way to spin being wrong.

Advertisement
Again, UGA runs a variation of The Spread; it’s called Pro-Spread.

Ding ding ding ding.

Spread is bad. It's the boogeyman.

As for what can and cannot be done with an offense, anything can beat anything on any given day.

For the OP, what kind of offense was Mario running when he faced Utah twice last year. What kind of offense was Utah running?

I don't think TCU wins many against Michigan. One game, one day, they did it and that's all that matters. Michigan would've faired better against Georgia.

Bad game, as bad as it could be against Georgia for TCU. I wanted TCU to win, but all that really matters is that they got there. They made one of the biggest, if not the biggest, one year turnarounds in college history just by being there. I hope that isn't lost on their fans. They'll continue to improve as a team and in a few years, maybe they can get there again.

depends on the players, oklahoma had NFL talent at the skill positions and gave georgia all they could handle in that playoff game in 2018 and took them to double overtime moving the ball at will they just couldnt stop the run on defense against chubb and michel.

Advertisement
We averaged 19 points per game against FBS teams this year.

No Miami fan should be calling out any team’s offense for being bad.

We averaged 31 against FBS teams last year.

Isn't Monken a power spread guy?
shhhhhh don't tell em. It makes for good reading. If they would take the time to look at Monken's coaching history and the people he's worked for, you'll find out all you need, lol. But this..... this is pure entertainment.

Ohio St runs a true power spread that we should be running and they went toe to toe against UGA, should have won too. Difference is TCU doesn’t have the dudes.

Ohio State benefited from the 1-month layoff. If those teams played again on Monday night, the result would have been closer to the TCU result than the original UGA/OSU result.

Advertisement
Back