UGA fan's message to Canes

Georgia folks sure are nice. It's kinda weirding me out.

That may be true. But most people are so used to the absolute pile of sht that is called SFL residents that even Hitler and his ****'s would be considered not so bad when compared to these wonderful folks that make up SFL.

Advertisement
Thanks for the warm note. We knew Mark when spent long summers dragging his bare feet though blistering hot white beach sand. Before he sent his Warning Flags aside for a spear and tomahawk and eventually a dog collar. We knew him before St Bobby used him to FINALLY win a NC. We knew..... wait that is from that other dude. Anyway, Mark is coming home to us. We will do the best we can to cleanse him from ALMOST winning the big one. The Smoke gives strength that Uga dreams about and magic beyond the flames of the feathered rider that will give Mark straight and true field goals. Mark is coming home, to the home of modern college football, to the home of domination, to the home of the HURRICANES.

Thanks for the kind words. As you might suspect by the name, I too hate the gator. We got this now.

Good post GH.

Thanks. Trying to get over losing Butch.

I will say this guys, not sure it means much to anyone. I'm a UGA grad and love the Dawgs but my son is a high school player in Atlanta getting recruited and I'm telling you now that if he was offered by UGA and UM now I'd probably try and get him to go to UM to play under Mark Richt. He made that kind of impact while at UGA. Good luck to him and to you guys.

Thank you for the classy post and good luck with your bowl game.

I posted this as a response to another thread but thought it might be something for others to consider as well.

"I couldn't resist throwing a bone to the U fan base. You all just picked up a great coach at a great time. I've been a UGA fan all my life and graduated during Richt's tenure.

Please don't fret about his lack of championships. He is a fantastic coach and our best years were with him as the OC. When Bobo took over, whom I hated to see leave and be the target of all of UGA's fans, Richt had already groomed him to continue calling the same offense. Both of our SEC championships were with Richt as the playcaller. He explained in his exit interview that he will be more hands-on with the play calling at his next position. Just remember - for every time a U fan complains of a draw play from shotgun (which Richt WILL call often), there will be a deep play action call coming later in the game that was set up intentionally.

In response to Richt winning no national championships, please look further than the crud reported about his inability to win big games. "Big game" losses are always scrutinized and targeted by pundits (and fans) as the end all be all. Yes we lost some big games, but we also won a bunch too. When Alabama beat us in 2008, they were staked to a 31-0 halftime lead. They destroyed us in the first half ... but we destroyed them in the second half. Unfortunately, it was too deep of a hole. Alabama DID NOT change it's offense in the second half to run the clock out, but the second half comeback is never reported. However, Bama waxed us this year but no one reports how our team was projected to finish 8-4 by reporters and odds-makers. Only two returning WR this year and no QB to speak of. Schottenheimer was a huge bust. If anything, our team over-achieved this year.

Here's another nugget that doesn't get reported ... UGA was EXTREMELY close to playing for the National Championship THREE times during his tenure. Those three years are the ONLY years during Richt's tenure that UGA did not have a huge injury to a major contributor. When our team stayed healthy, Richt maximized the talent.

Please give the man a chance. He served us well and will do the same for you. I hope the U has many successful years with Richt, and if UGA doesn't win the NC, I hope Miami does. Richt deserves it and so does the U.

One more thing ... the personal conduct policies will be the only thing that you should worry about. Richt doesn't play when it comes to illegal and/or immoral actions. The team better be ready for this or you'll see some suspensions quickly. Spurrier once said he loved playing UGA early in the year because some key players were guaranteed to be suspended. While true, accountability should be present for everyone.

Good luck, Canes!"

Thanks for the warm note. We knew Mark when spent long summers dragging his bare feet though blistering hot white beach sand. Before he sent his Warning Flags aside for a spear and tomahawk and eventually a dog collar. We knew him before St Bobby used him to FINALLY win a NC. We knew..... wait that is from that other dude. Anyway, Mark is coming home to us. We will do the best we can to cleanse him from ALMOST winning the big one. The Smoke gives strength that Uga dreams about and magic beyond the flames of the feathered rider that will give Mark straight and true field goals. Mark is coming home, to the home of modern college football, to the home of domination, to the home of the HURRICANES.

Thanks for the kind words. As you might suspect by the name, I too hate the gator. We got this now.

Good post GH.

Need a hug bro?

Advertisement
OP. Many thanks for taking the time to visit us here and share those nuggets. Glad we have him with us and sorry for your loss. Again, thank you.

Thanks for the kind words, my daughter is a freshman at UGA and have always admired Coach Richt. I am very excited to see what he can do at Miami.

I will say this guys, not sure it means much to anyone. I'm a UGA grad and love the Dawgs but my son is a high school player in Atlanta getting recruited and I'm telling you now that if he was offered by UGA and UM now I'd probably try and get him to go to UM to play under Mark Richt. He made that kind of impact while at UGA. Good luck to him and to you guys.

Thanks.

Send the message to all the best recruits in the Georgia area. Especially OL and DTs.

Good post GH.

Need a hug bro?

Yeap. Ran out of rum about 3:00 am.

Advertisement
I am a die hard cane fan, who has lived in ATL for the past 19 years. I have taken a beating rooting for the Canes over the last 10 years. Everyone I have talked with, has wished the Canes good luck going forward. My neighbor who is a UGA alum was very excited about Richt's new opportunity. They hate the AD at Georgia.

Thanks OP. Solid post.

I'm still in shock that UGA fired Richt. Never saw it coming, but extremely thankful they chose to do so. This man is a fantastic coach and a great person as I've had the privilege to hear him speak about life, his commitment to Christ, family, and the young men he touches everyday. Listening to him that day, I said to myself that if I had a son that could play at that level, he would play for Richt. His moral fiber is second to none and it's what UM needs now!

I'm jacked for the future of Canes Football as we are turning the corner. Finally!

Most UGa fans I've met have always been nice fans fwiw.

Nice to get insight from their fans. Thanks for the post.

Georgia fans have surprised me. Almost makes it hard to hate the entire SEC. Almost. They're certainly the classiest of that lot.

SEC has a lot of very classy coaches. People just hate them because they win & they have savages on the field actin a fool (sound familiar? cough -old Canes- cough)

Advertisement
Georgia folks sure are nice. It's kinda weirding me out.

That may be true. But most people are so used to the absolute pile of sht that is called SFL residents that even Hitler and his ****'s would be considered not so bad when compared to these wonderful folks that make up SFL.
You seem like a very genteel southern gentleman yourself based on that post.

Always root for Georgia when they play the stinkin' Gaturds. Loved the time when that kid scored on them and the whole team ran onto the field to celebrate. That was just awesome.

Solid post. Pretty much spot on with everything a close friend of mine is saying about Richt. He is a huge Dawgs fan and hated to see him go.

BTW, we already got used to the suspensions. Shannon was pretty strict, but Golden took it to a new level.

Advertisement
These are the good UGA fans but don't let it fool you.
It mostly the UGA fans that helped run Richt away from UGA.

I also believe some know Kirby Smart is a disaster waiting to happen. No excitement at all around UGA right now.

Richt is garnering more excitement in Miami by far.

UGA AD fired Richt because he knew Smart was about to accept South Carolina job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back