Ufc vegas 3

Broke his hand, got old & has lost his power.

Woodley was dangerous because he had a lethal left hand, but once he lost his KO power he lost all his mojo, he can't really out wrestle anyone anymore & fighters have figured out that he's getting gassed after the 1st two rounds, so just lay on'em for 3 rounds & take his lungs out lol.

Vs Burns he was gasping for air by the 3rd round as if he had just ran a 5K, he's just hit the wall & has inched closer to having to hang it up. He was phenomenal in his heyday though, was one of the best Welters in UFC history.

Also started doing other ****. He ain't all the way in any more and he doesn't have that fire anymore.

He's still dangerous, but not to top guys anymore, IMO. A nice PPV card filler as a mid-top 10 gatekeeper now.

Advertisement
Someone just took a wicked kick to the nuts. How the **** do you resume fighting after that?

Advertisement
fall-asleep.gif

Burns looked like a million bucks vs Woodley & Maia, he's in the prime of his career & his standup game has elevated.

What I'm most intrigued to see is what Usman's strategy will be, because he's a high class wrestler with advanced ground game but Burns is a an elite 2nd degree BJJ Black belt & can definitely make dudes tap, but most recently he's been outclassing guys with his stand up.

I'm guessing they'll both wanna exchange shots & try to knock each other out, but if I'm Burns I would take this fight to ground from the jump & work for a submit.

Usman really has no choice but to go for the KO because even though he's a good wrestler & Black belt himself, he's got no chance on the ground with Burns.

Burns will walk the dog on him. Don’t over analyze. Yan will whoop Aldo. Volkanovski will whoop Max again.

Advertisement
Burns will walk the dog on him. Don’t over analyze. Yan will whoop Aldo. Volkanovski will whoop Max again.
I think it'll be much closer than you might think.

I can't call a winner right now, but I don't see either one dominating the other depending on whether the fight stays on the feet or goes to the ground.

I agree with Yan beating Aldo, but I got Holloway getting the comeback W, if he's fully healthy & recovered.

I think it'll be much closer than you might think.

I can't call a winner right now, but I don't see either one dominating the other depending on whether the fight stays on the feet or goes to the ground.

I agree with Yan beating Aldo, but I got Holloway getting the comeback W, if he's fully healthy & recovered.

What was Max’s injury? I can’t remember. I remember the fight and he was outclassed. I just have a feeling with Burns.

Advertisement
What was Max’s injury? I can’t remember. I remember the fight and he was outclassed. I just have a feeling with Burns.
No specific injury, it was just that fight with Poirier took a lot out of him after moving up to 155, Dustin beat the shìt out of him & was so much bigger than him that fight.

Volkan definitely outclassed Max the last time they fought, but Max is still one of the toughest & best 145ers in the world, there's no reason to think Max will beat Volkan but I wouldn't count him out just yet.

And yeah it feels like it's Burns time to get the strap & like I said if it goes to the ground I actually like his chances to submit Usman, but I still think they'll both probably stand in the middle of the Octagon & box it out with each other, Burns doesn't look like he plans on using any BJJ to win the belt, he's looked like a man on mission in his last few & wants to make a statement as a striker.

Usman is monster though & is one of those guys that if you don't jump on him early he'll make you pay for it.

No specific injury, it was just that fight with Poirier took a lot out of him after moving up to 155, Dustin beat the shìt out of him & was so much bigger than him that fight.

Volkan definitely outclassed Max the last time they fought, but Max is still one of the toughest & best 145ers in the world, there's no reason to think Max will beat Volkan but I wouldn't count him out just yet.

And yeah it feels like it's Burns time to get the strap & like I said if it goes to the ground I actually like his chances to submit Usman, but I still think they'll both probably stand in the middle of the Octagon & box it out with each other, Burns doesn't look like he plans on using any BJJ to win the belt, he's looked like a man on mission in his last few & wants to make a statement as a striker.

Usman is monster though & is one of those guys that if you don't jump on him early he'll make you pay for it.

Gotcha. Max is done. His run is over. I just have a feeling with Burns, it’s his time and I don’t think Usman is that good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back