MMA UFC Fight Island

Just ground the man into the dirt.

I like Jorge, but Usman is fighting a different sport when he gets into the clinch. Just becomes a grind.

Advertisement
Fuqin garbage u got 4oz gloves and can't knock out a homie.....they got ten oz in boxing and dudes getting out to sleep on a regular. This is the champ at that weight? The minute I saw the first round I'm like he's hugging he's stepping on his foot like he's hanging off a cliff....I'm like here we go one of these type of fighters.

Advertisement
Usman did his thing and sprinkled in two head butts. Really wish Masvidal would have had more than 6 days notice. Would have liked him to be in shape enough to carry what he did in the first round.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Usman-Masvidal was like one of those GSP fights from the late 2000s, early 2010s. Its not ****, but when you're a champion, you just want to get out without any risks and you just grind that **** out through 5 rounds.

An extended training camp for Jorge wouldn't help him solve the problem you all just witnessed.

Came in here to say boring *** fight this Usman cat is a hugging type dude only khabib makes these kind of fights look good. **** is whack af
Yeah, he didn't come to fight - but we all expected that.

Game plan was just to grind Masvidal up against the fence. Especially when he realised he couldn't take Masvidal down easily.

Boring point fighting, but effective.

No damage done to Masvidal, outside of two illegal headbutts.

It is what it is.

Advertisement
Usman-Masvidal was like one of those GSP fights from the late 2000s, early 2010s. Its not ****, but when you're a champion, you just want to get out without any risks and you just grind that **** out through 5 rounds.

An extended training camp for Jorge wouldn't help him solve the problem you all just witnessed.

GSP would light Usman up. He should come back and get the belt.

I dont know... Jorge was gassed by the 3rd round and was just hanging on... he also seemed to lean too much into his defense. Some fighters, when they work on something a lot, they get anxious to use it in the octagon instead of leaning into what they do.

Agreed. Can't complain about fighter pay if you're Usman. Nobody wants to watch you fight.

Advertisement
Back