UFC 248

Advertisement
View attachment 113132

View attachment 113133

185lbs title bout on the line tonight with Adesanya vs Romero.

Israel Adesanya has catapulted into becoming a star, he's been on a tear since hitting the UFC, long time history as one of the best Kickboxers of all-time with a 75-5 record & is undefeated in MMA at 18-0.

He's one of my favorite fighters in the UFC, I was already a fan of his from his Kickboxing days & followed his career from the start. He's an elite tactical striker with superb stand up game, arguably the best striker in the UFC. He's coming off a 7 fight win streak with wins vs Brunson, Silva, Gastelum & Whittaker.

Yoel Romero is a world class wrestler & Olympic Silver medalist & arguably the best Cuban fighter in the world. Coming off two loses to Paulo Costa & Whittaker he's in for a tough matchup vs Stylebender.

I got Adesanya winning by stoppage in the 4th, I don't think Romero can keep up with Izzy's pace, he'll control the distance with leg kicks & use his elite reach to keep Romero from getting on the inside. Romero's best chance is to go for the kill shot early or try to take it to the ground, but contrary to popular belief Stylebender's ground Defenses is actually pretty good. I think Adesanya will be too much for Romero & get the W.

For the Strawweight bout I got Zhang winning handily against Joanna.

Who ya got?
That Zhang's fight was crazy but izzy looked like ****. Keeps barking up the wrong tree with johnny. He ain't ready for that smoke.

Don't know how anybody can say Joanna won that fight when Zhang literally beat her into the Elephant man.

Can’t judge a fight on cosmetics because everybody’s face reacts differently. Joanna gets hematoma in every fight, even if she wins. She had a huge knot against Karolina K, for example. Something is up with her forehead.

It was never as bad as this one because it was a five-round war. But she landed a ton of hard shots on Zhang, too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back