UFC 239

You are correct I am downplaying the "domination". The guy won fair and square. He was the better fighter last night, but I seriously doubt you ever competed at a high level if you really consider a flash knockout like that "domination".

It is completely different from throwing a haymaker. Even if you just waltz out the corner and throw a haymaker as your opening punch. No set up or anything. You are still only opening yourself up so much. This was the very definition of a hail mary shot. Very high risk, high reward type shot.

That is an absurdly ridiculous statement. I simply removed time limits, which is what a real fight is. You are adding in these crazy other considerations.

I never said Askren would submit Masvidal. I said he would win by points. That is fighting. You must have never been in a real fight if you don't consider that fighting. In fact it is closer to fighting that what the UFC provides.

No one gets stood up or having rounds end in a real fight. Controlling someone on the ground for 30+ minutes until they gas out and just pounding them out is real fighting.
Listen. This is going nowhere. We clearly have different definitions of domination. I myself have different examples of domination that I like to see. Holly Holm vs Ronda Rousey a few years back is another example I consider domination. Chiesa/Sanchez this past weekend another example. Those may be closer to what you consider domination. The reason why I consider Masvidal’s performance last night domination is more in tune with the fact that it was a perfect, high risk, high reward move that was schematically drawn up because of a tell that Ben Askren has. When in doubt Ben will tuck his head to go for a take down. What Masvidal referred to a million times as “putting his face in my crotch”. So when I say it was domination, it is from a preparation standpoint. Clearly Jorge and his camp were much more prepared and the self proclaimed “press conference champion” shoulda spent a little less time talking **** and trying to get in good with Dana and a little more time working on mitts and something else other than a Double leg.

As for the jabs at my martial arts acumen, I never really cared to put any of my specifics on here. There are plenty of key board warriors and most people would love to talk **** and have no way of proving anything or backing it up. But since you brought it up in order to somehow try to distinguish yourself, I’ve been in traditional Japanese karate since I was 4. Similar to Lyoto Machida hence why he is my favorite fighter, for obvious reasons. I won my first Nationals at 10 years old. Won gold again at 14. Made the USA Juniors team. I’ve been to Japan 3 times, two for world championships. I won my first world championship at the age of 15. Last one was in 2009 as part of Team USA again. Had to take a break because I was pursuing baseball at the time to play in college. This is where I also wrestled in high school for fun and competition (Absolutely Loved it). My last go around was in 2012, where I won a gold and silver at Nationals again right before going in to Medical School.

Again, don’t really care about putting any of this stuff on here but it seems like that’s the only way you know how to try and put your point forward is by assuming the other person is only a fan and hasn’t lived and trained in Martial arts and then take jabs at that person. As for a real fight being “points fighting” no it isn’t. And this is coming from a karate guy who gets plenty of scrutiny because our style of fighting in competition is by points. Anyone that has been in a real fight here knows it’s until one person gives up (taps in competition) or gets knocked out. Not laying on him forever and rack up points. Even the pros that were asked to put in their picks said, if Askren won it would be by points but even in a loss, the real fight would be won by Masvidal because he stands in there and actually hits people.

Moving forward, don’t assume my man. You don’t know who you’re talking to on here. I never asked you about your martial arts experience, nor do I care frankly. From talking to you over this website you seem to know more than the average Joe and that’s all I need to know from a conversation standpoint.

Advertisement
Listen. This is going nowhere. We clearly have different definitions of domination. I myself have different examples of domination that I like to see. Holly Holm vs Ronda Rousey a few years back is another example I consider domination. Chiesa/Sanchez this past weekend another example. Those may be closer to what you consider domination. The reason why I consider Masvidal’s performance last night domination is more in tune with the fact that it was a perfect, high risk, high reward move that was schematically drawn up because of a tell that Ben Askren has. When in doubt Ben will tuck his head to go for a take down. What Masvidal referred to a million times as “putting his face in my crotch”. So when I say it was domination, it is from a preparation standpoint. Clearly Jorge and his camp were much more prepared and the self proclaimed “press conference champion” shoulda spent a little less time talking **** and trying to get in good with Dana and a little more time working on mitts and something else other than a Double leg.

As for the jabs at my martial arts acumen, I never really cared to put any of my specifics on here. There are plenty of key board warriors and most people would love to talk **** and have no way of proving anything or backing it up. But since you brought it up in order to somehow try to distinguish yourself, I’ve been in traditional Japanese karate since I was 4. Similar to Lyoto Machida hence why he is my favorite fighter, for obvious reasons. I won my first Nationals at 10 years old. Won gold again at 14. Made the USA Juniors team. I’ve been to Japan 3 times, two for world championships. I won my first world championship at the age of 15. Last one was in 2009 as part of Team USA again. Had to take a break because I was pursuing baseball at the time to play in college. This is where I also wrestled in high school for fun and competition (Absolutely Loved it). My last go around was in 2012, where I won a gold and silver at Nationals again right before going in to Medical School.

Again, don’t really care about putting any of this stuff on here but it seems like that’s the only way you know how to try and put your point forward is by assuming the other person is only a fan and hasn’t lived and trained in Martial arts and then take jabs at that person. As for a real fight being “points fighting” no it isn’t. And this is coming from a karate guy who gets plenty of scrutiny because our style of fighting in competition is by points. Anyone that has been in a real fight here knows it’s until one person gives up (taps in competition) or gets knocked out. Not laying on him forever and rack up points. Even the pros that were asked to put in their picks said, if Askren won it would be by points but even in a loss, the real fight would be won by Masvidal because he stands in there and actually hits people.

Moving forward, don’t assume my man. You don’t know who you’re talking to on here. I never asked you about your martial arts experience, nor do I care frankly. From talking to you over this website you seem to know more than the average Joe and that’s all I need to know from a conversation standpoint.

Well, I change the channel during the womens fights so I cant speak on that match. However, yes Chiesa/Sanchez is what I would consider domination.

LOL @ Askren talking to much and should have spent more time training. When Askren was winning National championships. Malvida was fighting bums in some losers backyard. Askren put in more work than Malvides ever could even dream of putting in.

I am not surprised that a point fighter would find real fighting "boring" because you want to see refs break up the action every couple of seconds. That is very commendable that you dedicated so much time to Karate and a handful of pieces of Karate are actually useful in a real fight, but being a karate expert and a couple years of wrestling is not really much of a leg to stand on when it comes to real fights.

However, your background does shed a lot of light on why you think this way. I was thinking by striking you meant you actually compete in boxing or muy thai or something of that nature.

However, what Askren does is not point fighting.

In a street fight. If Askren takes Malvides down and rides him for 45 minutes until he breaks him down and GnPs him. Its over. That is the point I am making.

Askren put in more work than Malvides ever could even dream of putting in.

Not true at all. Masvidal has close to 50 professional fights at this point in his career. 21 of them taking place in Strikeforce and the UFC. You don't survive that long in that line of work and those promotions without putting in an insane amount of work. This doesn't even mention that he trains at probably the best camp in the world right now (American Top Team), where there are high-level fighters everywhere. Masvidal has proven to be a durable and very dangerous opponent for basically anyone at 155 and 170. Askren has not proven to be anything special so far since his move to the UFC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well, I change the channel during the womens fights so I cant speak on that match. However, yes Chiesa/Sanchez is what I would consider domination.

LOL @ Askren talking to much and should have spent more time training. When Askren was winning National championships. Malvida was fighting bums in some losers backyard. Askren put in more work than Malvides ever could even dream of putting in.

I am not surprised that a point fighter would find real fighting "boring" because you want to see refs break up the action every couple of seconds. That is very commendable that you dedicated so much time to Karate and a handful of pieces of Karate are actually useful in a real fight, but being a karate expert and a couple years of wrestling is not really much of a leg to stand on when it comes to real fights.

However, your background does shed a lot of light on why you think this way. I was thinking by striking you meant you actually compete in boxing or muy thai or something of that nature.

In a street fight. If Askren takes Malvides down and rides him for 45 minutes until he breaks him down and GnPs him. Its over. That is the point I am making.

The fact that you change the channel during the women's fights is pretty sad considering there are a lot of extremely high level women's fighters and the fights are super entertaining.

Askren put in more work perhaps on a wrestling mat, which is why its the only he thing he knows how to do. If you go back to my comment I said he should spend more time hitting mitts and working on something other than a double leg. I don't want to see refs break up the fights at all but if there is no activity, then all you're doing is spending time riding the opponent without doing any damage and just getting the points for it. What Askren does, within the context of the UFC, is by definition points fighting. If you listened to the opinions of other professional fighters on him and guys like him, you would see no one respects that. His wrestling prowess yes, even Masvidal respects his wrestling ability, but the fact that he just takes people down and lays there is points fighting in the UFC and NO ONE, other than you apparently, respects that.

LMFAO @ "the handful of pieces are useful in a real fight". Karate teaches you how to punch and kick like any other martial art with minor differences. There are tons of MMA fighters who got their start in Karate and have a karate base and are super successful. Unlike boxing, we learn how to kick, break knees, elbow, break elbows, and certain judo throws and sweeps which is what I did to all the pure wrestlers I trained with and faced because in wrestling it is "high risk, high reward". Sounds pretty applicable in a "Real fight" to me. You clearly know nothing about Martial Arts if the only two styles out of your mouth are boxing and Muay Thai. There are full contact Karate competitions who score knockdowns and knockouts just like a boxing or Muay Thai match so that would fall under your "something of that nature" category. The term "Striking" refers to the use of punches, kicks, knees, elbows and such. The definition of striking is not solely boxing and Muay Thai. There are TONS of martial arts out there who fall under striking and are extremely useful. If you've been in as many street fights as you claim, you'd know that.

You keep harping on this "real fight" stuff but boxing and Muay thai also separate their fighters when they tie up or when another fighter is swept to the ground in the case of MT and have time limits. Boxing time limits are almost half a UFC round at 3 minutes. So I guess by the definition you applied to karate, since they're separated, have time limits, and score points, boxing and Muay Thai are also not useful in "real" fights.

Boxing is great and all, but it is one dimensional and is the reason guys who know how to wrestle and grapple can take boxers down and dominate them on the ground. Maybe thats why you speak so highly of wrestlers since they "dominated" you in fights.

You keep talking about my lack of experience in street fights, like if you know me, and know who I am and then you talk about a "real fight" being someone laying on you for 45 minutes and tiring you out. I don't know where you're from but in Miami, and most places I've been to, there are no street fights lasting 45 minutes with someone laying on you to tire you out. So either you don't street fight, or you're not very successful at it. Most of the damage needs to be done quickly, because if not, someone will either stop the fight, or you're getting jumped and hit over the head with a bottle. And if you really want to talk about no rules, then we're talking eye gauging too and some of the other "dirty" methods people use like biting, scratching, striking the ********s, etc. That is also not allowed in competition fighting but is in a "Real fight".

My point is, Askren is a great wrestler and a scrub MMA fighter.

You are correct I am downplaying the "domination". The guy won fair and square. He was the better fighter last night, but I seriously doubt you ever competed at a high level if you really consider a flash knockout like that "domination".

It is completely different from throwing a haymaker. Even if you just waltz out the corner and throw a haymaker as your opening punch. No set up or anything. You are still only opening yourself up so much. This was the very definition of a hail mary shot. Very high risk, high reward type shot.

That is an absurdly ridiculous statement. I simply removed time limits, which is what a real fight is. You are adding in these crazy other considerations.

I never said Askren would submit Masvidal. I said he would win by points. That is fighting. You must have never been in a real fight if you don't consider that fighting. In fact it is closer to fighting that what the UFC provides.

No one gets stood up or having rounds end in a real fight. Controlling someone on the ground for 30+ minutes until they gas out and just pounding them out is real fighting.
I think I agree that this wasn't domination or even a dominant win. What it was was a great strategy that caught Ben off balance. It wouldn't happen like that again and most fans still don't know that Masvidal can take Askren. Like many I felt like Askren was a little too mouthy so seeing him get his s*** split so quickly was fun. But i'd still like to see them really fight though. I still don't know who would win. All I know is that Masvidal really really doesn't like the guy.

On a different note it was classless for Masvidal to hit the guy twice when he was already out. It was clear that he was stiff as a board after the knee. The first blow maybe passes(a classy fighter would have stood down), the second was just him being a d***.

I think I agree that this wasn't domination or even a dominant win. What it was was a great strategy that caught Ben off balance. It wouldn't happen like that again and most fans still don't know that Masvidal can take Askren. Like many I felt like Askren was a little too mouthy so seeing him get his s*** split so quickly was fun. But i'd still like to see them really fight though. I still don't know who would win. All I know is that Masvidal really really doesn't like the guy.

On a different note it was classless for Masvidal to hit the guy twice when he was already out. It was clear that he was stiff as a board after the knee. The first blow maybe passes(a classy fighter would have stood down), the second was just him being a d***.
I agree with you here in most situations. I have a personal connection to Masvidal so of course I take his side on this. I personally am much more the knockout and walk away type. I feel like you say more by doing that. But we also live in a world where the **** talking has gone way too far. No one just talks crap about a fighter’s ability anymore. He got personal and not everyone is going to just turn the cheek to personal attacks. Especially when you don’t keep that same energy in person. Masvidal grew up on the streets and there is a certain code. Theres also a certain code in the gym and Askren violated that too. Masvidal really doesn’t like him and it showed. Maybe Askren will lower his talking to just a fighter’s ability or maybe will just let his performance do the talking next time.

The fact that you change the channel during the women's fights is pretty sad considering there are a lot of extremely high level women's fighters and the fights are super entertaining.

Askren put in more work perhaps on a wrestling mat, which is why its the only he thing he knows how to do. If you go back to my comment I said he should spend more time hitting mitts and working on something other than a double leg. I don't want to see refs break up the fights at all but if there is no activity, then all you're doing is spending time riding the opponent without doing any damage and just getting the points for it. What Askren does, within the context of the UFC, is by definition points fighting. If you listened to the opinions of other professional fighters on him and guys like him, you would see no one respects that. His wrestling prowess yes, even Masvidal respects his wrestling ability, but the fact that he just takes people down and lays there is points fighting in the UFC and NO ONE, other than you apparently, respects that.

LMFAO @ "the handful of pieces are useful in a real fight". Karate teaches you how to punch and kick like any other martial art with minor differences. There are tons of MMA fighters who got their start in Karate and have a karate base and are super successful. Unlike boxing, we learn how to kick, break knees, elbow, break elbows, and certain judo throws and sweeps which is what I did to all the pure wrestlers I trained with and faced because in wrestling it is "high risk, high reward". Sounds pretty applicable in a "Real fight" to me. You clearly know nothing about Martial Arts if the only two styles out of your mouth are boxing and Muay Thai. There are full contact Karate competitions who score knockdowns and knockouts just like a boxing or Muay Thai match so that would fall under your "something of that nature" category. The term "Striking" refers to the use of punches, kicks, knees, elbows and such. The definition of striking is not solely boxing and Muay Thai. There are TONS of martial arts out there who fall under striking and are extremely useful. If you've been in as many street fights as you claim, you'd know that.

You keep harping on this "real fight" stuff but boxing and Muay thai also separate their fighters when they tie up or when another fighter is swept to the ground in the case of MT and have time limits. Boxing time limits are almost half a UFC round at 3 minutes. So I guess by the definition you applied to karate, since they're separated, have time limits, and score points, boxing and Muay Thai are also not useful in "real" fights.

Boxing is great and all, but it is one dimensional and is the reason guys who know how to wrestle and grapple can take boxers down and dominate them on the ground. Maybe thats why you speak so highly of wrestlers since they "dominated" you in fights.

You keep talking about my lack of experience in street fights, like if you know me, and know who I am and then you talk about a "real fight" being someone laying on you for 45 minutes and tiring you out. I don't know where you're from but in Miami, and most places I've been to, there are no street fights lasting 45 minutes with someone laying on you to tire you out. So either you don't street fight, or you're not very successful at it. Most of the damage needs to be done quickly, because if not, someone will either stop the fight, or you're getting jumped and hit over the head with a bottle. And if you really want to talk about no rules, then we're talking eye gauging too and some of the other "dirty" methods people use like biting, scratching, striking the ********s, etc. That is also not allowed in competition fighting but is in a "Real fight".

My point is, Askren is a great wrestler and a scrub MMA fighter.

Actually tons of pros respect it, but only the guys that talk schit about him get media time. That is how it has been for decades.

Yes, tons of MMA fighters got their start in Karate since the Karat McDojo down the block was the only thing available. No one with any brains is going to choose it over a real martial art. I used Muy Thai and boxing as examples. There are tons of other good striking arts like Savatte, Sanda, Combat Smabo, etc. I was just throwing out those 2 since they are the most popular. I have seen top level karate fighters get smashed in a no grappling match with decent competitive Muy Thai guys. You have clearly never been in an MMA match, which was my point, especially if you think full contact Karate matches are the same as boxing and Muy Thai matches. LMAO. I am still cracking up at that comment. However, this is not the discussion here.

Boxing and Muy Thai are not real fights. That is true, but it is a lot closer than what Karate is.

Boxers also would obliterate karate guys in a match. Not even close. As stated before I wrestled for a very long time as well so, no I did not get dominated by wrestlers. However, I actually trained with numerous pros and all speak very highly of wrestling. Wrestling is still considered my many pros as the most important piece of MMA.

I already know everything I need to know about you based on your BS posts. You are referring to street fights between 2 untrained individuals. Which I grant you. They don't last more than 30 seconds and usually results in one guy gassing out in 10 seconds.

However, I am talking about a hypothetical street fight with Askren and another trained fighter. If you think that fight would end up like that you are delusional. Askren could literally just take the guys down, throw some vines in, and tear the guys out if that is what we are talking about.

LOL @ saying Askren is a scrub even though he just beat Lawler. You are delusional.

Advertisement
Not true at all. Masvidal has close to 50 professional fights at this point in his career. 21 of them taking place in Strikeforce and the UFC. You don't survive that long in that line of work and those promotions without putting in an insane amount of work. This doesn't even mention that he trains at probably the best camp in the world right now (American Top Team), where there are high-level fighters everywhere. Masvidal has proven to be a durable and very dangerous opponent for basically anyone at 155 and 170. Askren has not proven to be anything special so far since his move to the UFC.

I never said he didn't I just said Askren has put in a ton more work than Masvidal could ever dream of. That is a simple fact. Masvidal didn't even start really training until the early 2000s, at which point Askren was getting recruited by the top colleges in the nation. That extra decade+ of serious training makes it impossible for Masvidal to ever reach that amount of training.

Thiago Santos is a ******* G.

This man had no knee. He was still kicking the **** out of Jones leg with it and basically took Jones to the wire.

Actually tons of pros respect it, but only the guys that talk schit about him get media time. That is how it has been for decades.

Yes, tons of MMA fighters got their start in Karate since the Karat McDojo down the block was the only thing available. No one with any brains is going to choose it over a real martial art. I used Muy Thai and boxing as examples. There are tons of other good striking arts like Savatte, Sanda, Combat Smabo, etc. I was just throwing out those 2 since they are the most popular. I have seen top level karate fighters get smashed in a no grappling match with decent competitive Muy Thai guys. You have clearly never been in an MMA match, which was my point, especially if you think full contact Karate matches are the same as boxing and Muy Thai matches. LMAO. I am still cracking up at that comment. However, this is not the discussion here.

Boxing and Muy Thai are not real fights. That is true, but it is a lot closer than what Karate is.

Boxers also would obliterate karate guys in a match. Not even close. As stated before I wrestled for a very long time as well so, no I did not get dominated by wrestlers. However, I actually trained with numerous pros and all speak very highly of wrestling. Wrestling is still considered my many pros as the most important piece of MMA.

I already know everything I need to know about you based on your BS posts. You are referring to street fights between 2 untrained individuals. Which I grant you. They don't last more than 30 seconds and usually results in one guy gassing out in 10 seconds.

However, I am talking about a hypothetical street fight with Askren and another trained fighter. If you think that fight would end up like that you are delusional. Askren could literally just take the guys down, throw some vines in, and tear the guys out if that is what we are talking about.

LOL @ saying Askren is a scrub even though he just beat Lawler. You are delusional.

LMFAO riiiiight. Blaming it on the fact that the guys that respect Askren's style don't get media exposure. Alrighty then.

And first it was that I haven't been in a street fight and now its that I haven't been in an MMA fight. Man its hard to keep up with you. It's like you're an assumption machine!!. And to no surprise are wrong once again. As a matter of fact its what I have been training in the last few years because I have better access to an MMA gym since I went to Med school. Sorry to break it to you but the punches and kicks I learned in karate along with the rest of the ground work training is working just fine. Seeing by your "Karate McDojo" comment, your definition of karate is nothing short of Cobra Kai and Mr. Miyagi (God rest his soul). Which is also wrong. If you were to know something other than what you see and hear on TV, you'd know that traditional Karate is much different. One of the reasons I also stopped competing in karate on a national circuit is because the fighting has become too "sporty" for my taste because they've been trying to get in to the olympics, like Taekwondo.

Your boxers smashing karate guys is a dumbfounded argument. I've seen karate guys kick a boxer in the head and knocked him out and the boxer never saw the kick coming. I've seen karate guys end up in a clinch with a wrestler and get slammed. Its the beauty of MMA. It's why the sport took off in the first place. Because we get to have that argument, what would happen if X martial art went up against Y martial art.

Lyoto Machida did pretty **** well for himself with a Karate background coupled with some jiu jitsu. Even won himself a title against, OH MY GOD WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT!?!, a D1 wrestler in Rashad Evans. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Stephen Thompson isn't half bad and was a controversial call away from being the champion at one point. Robert Whittaker has a Gojo-Ryu background and is lined up to fight Adesanya for the belt. A guy by the name of GSP was also pretty **** good, wouldn't you say?! All karate guys that complimented their styles with other tools. And those are just a few.

My posts aren't BS because they are based on facts. Not hypotheticals like yours are, as you mentioned yourself. When you wander in to the world of hypotheticals, anything is possible. Like a flying knee. Just ask Ben Askren.

The bottom line is, you need to be versed in pretty much everything if you want to compete at the highest level in MMA. I never said wrestling is crap, I actually love it, think its super important, and wish I would've done it longer. It's not as popular in SoFla as it is in the south and the midwest and up North for whatever reason. I think latin guys have a problem with the singlets honestly.

Anyways nothing I've said is going to change your mind and like wise for what you've said to me. Ben Askren is a ***** and may have won a decision against Lawler but he knew he lost that fight. Hence why he didn't want to give Robbie the rematch. Unfortunately Karma is bigger ***** and he got popped with a Knee, two more pieces and a coma. Oh well.

This man had no knee. He was still kicking the **** out of Jones leg with it and basically took Jones to the wire.
I knew it. First thing to go out was the MCL for sure. He was having trouble with the lateral movements. Then everything went to **** and he was still fighting. What an animal.

Advertisement
LMFAO riiiiight. Blaming it on the fact that the guys that respect Askren's style don't get media exposure. Alrighty then.

And first it was that I haven't been in a street fight and now its that I haven't been in an MMA fight. Man its hard to keep up with you. It's like you're an assumption machine!!. And to no surprise are wrong once again. As a matter of fact its what I have been training in the last few years because I have better access to an MMA gym since I went to Med school. Sorry to break it to you but the punches and kicks I learned in karate along with the rest of the ground work training is working just fine. Seeing by your "Karate McDojo" comment, your definition of karate is nothing short of Cobra Kai and Mr. Miyagi (God rest his soul). Which is also wrong. If you were to know something other than what you see and hear on TV, you'd know that traditional Karate is much different. One of the reasons I also stopped competing in karate on a national circuit is because the fighting has become too "sporty" for my taste because they've been trying to get in to the olympics, like Taekwondo.

Your boxers smashing karate guys is a dumbfounded argument. I've seen karate guys kick a boxer in the head and knocked him out and the boxer never saw the kick coming. I've seen karate guys end up in a clinch with a wrestler and get slammed. Its the beauty of MMA. It's why the sport took off in the first place. Because we get to have that argument, what would happen if X martial art went up against Y martial art.

Lyoto Machida did pretty **** well for himself with a Karate background coupled with some jiu jitsu. Even won himself a title against, OH MY GOD WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT!?!, a D1 wrestler in Rashad Evans. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Stephen Thompson isn't half bad and was a controversial call away from being the champion at one point. Robert Whittaker has a Gojo-Ryu background and is lined up to fight Adesanya for the belt. A guy by the name of GSP was also pretty **** good, wouldn't you say?! All karate guys that complimented their styles with other tools. And those are just a few.

My posts aren't BS because they are based on facts. Not hypotheticals like yours are, as you mentioned yourself. When you wander in to the world of hypotheticals, anything is possible. Like a flying knee. Just ask Ben Askren.

The bottom line is, you need to be versed in pretty much everything if you want to compete at the highest level in MMA. I never said wrestling is crap, I actually love it, think its super important, and wish I would've done it longer. It's not as popular in SoFla as it is in the south and the midwest and up North for whatever reason. I think latin guys have a problem with the singlets honestly.

Anyways nothing I've said is going to change your mind and like wise for what you've said to me. Ben Askren is a ***** and may have won a decision against Lawler but he knew he lost that fight. Hence why he didn't want to give Robbie the rematch. Unfortunately Karma is bigger ***** and he got popped with a Knee, two more pieces and a coma. Oh well.

I'm not blaming schit. I am stating a fact. If you think every single MMA fighter. Especially the D1 wrestlers don't respect askren you are delusional.

Its not either or. Its both. You have 0 MMA experience. 0 real fight experience. You fight in BS karate fights and think you are an expert. Now I know what the real fighters in the 70s and 80s had to deal with when they had to listen to the bufoons talk about what "Really works". Karate is 95% pure nonsense. The fact that it "works" in your gym speaks more about how garbage your gym is then anything else.

Your "boxer" was probably a guy who had a record of 0-10 to lose to some karate guy.

Of course. The classic BUT LYOTOA MACHIDA excuse. Machida is a great athlete and his record has nothing to do with his Karate background. The guy went to thailand and learned Muy Thai. He also was a sumo practicioner, but no one brags about how great sumo is because Lyoto uses it. Even though he did use some sumo tactics to bolster his TD defense.

I am surprised you aren't brining up how Big Country is a kung fu guy like all the other "karate works bridgadiers".

That is straight BS. They didn't compliment their karate with real striking. They complimented their real striking with the handful of moves that work from karate.

I am speaking facts. You are the one talking about nonsense like Karate. Askren lost because he got caught by a hail mary knee. I agree with that. Your absolute nonsense about domination is what is being argued.

Of course Florida isn't big on wrestling. Ever wonder why they make terrible MMA fighters? How many so fla guys are making noise in the UFC? Masvidal with 13 losses? People laugh from up north at Florida wrestling. You are a football state you don't produce fighters.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Now I know you're ******* retarded. Not delusional, not misinformed, no just ******* RETARDED. What an asshat this guy. Assumptions on assumptions and hypotheticals. You have but the slightest clue of what you're talking about. Yeah he practiced some sumo. Suggesting that Lyoto's record has more to do with sumo than his karate background is a moronic statement. You're an idiot. As a matter of fact, 90% of what Machida does in the cage is KARATE numbnuts. He still does Kata's and everything as part of his training and opened a karate school that mixes karate in to MMA with other wrestling techniques and BJJ, you IDIOT. Not to mention I named 3 other fighters just off the top of my head which you ignored because you simply like to ignore facts. "They complimented their striking with karate techniques". You're a waste of cellular division. In karate a mawashi geri is the japanese term for whats known in Muay thai as a High Kick, to other people its a Roundhouse kick. It's the same ******* kick!! No difference. But you wouldn't know because you're probably the gym's living punching bag/ slam dummy. I could kick you in the chin with a front kick and you'd never see it coming because you're a bum just like your boy Askren.

People respect Askren as a WRESTLER, jackass, not as a fighter.

Askren got DOMINATED in preparation dyckhead. The team knew what was coming and prepared for him and it worked to a tee. Mike Brown said it in an interview today. He ducks his head to the left and goes for the double leg/high crotch. I've said it 6 times. If you didn't have Askren's chia pet head stuck so far up your *** to the point it's affecting your eyesight you would be able to read the combination of letters I put together that state Askren was dominated by PREPARATION. Not Preparation-H which is clearly what you need after taking it in the *** from all your wrestling and boxing buddies at your gym,no PREPARATION as in pre-fight strategy, training, and game planning. Clearly he couldn't have been dominated by your definition because the fight lasted 5 **** seconds and your boy was sleeping with the fishes.

The fact that you call out Florida, specifically SoFla fighters just proves to me that you really don't know ANYTHING about the two main martial arts you argue to know about. If you know anything about SoFla you would know about the Cuban community's presence and thus would know how the cubans are world renowned in boxing and wrestling. Plenty of amazing Talent in SoFla and it is literally the hub right now of talent, with ATT who won gym of the year and the fighters coming out of there. A ridiculous amount of fighters that are up and coming as well.

And yes we are a football state and a baseball state. Sports that actually make money.

I'm done with you dude. You know nothing about boxing, wrestling or MMA other than getting on your knees and playing the flute for the so called "pros" you trained with. No more responses from me. I'm out.

NO it ******* isn't I have seen every Machida fight. He uses more Sumo than he does Karate. You are one of those brainwashed karate guys. NO I ignored them because they are the exact type of guys I referred to before that just did Karate because they didn't know any better.

We all know Machida does katas and all that. That doesn't mean he uses them in his fights. Look at Big Country the guy also does all sorts of Kung Fu BS at home. It doesn't mean that is what gave him a good overhand right.

Cubans are great at oly wrestling. Not folk. Totally different sports. They are as different as Karate and TKD. Yes Cubans are great at boxing. I have said this dozens on times on this board. However, when it comes to MMA so Fla fighters suck. This is why you guys **** ride a guy like Malvides so hard since you know you won't have another guy fighting on TV any time soon once his time is up.

I just heard this. Holy sh-t!! I mean everyone who was watching knew it was bad, but to know he tore through all of that and still banged with Jon Jones to a dang near decision victory and threw with both legs to the end is absolutely mind blowing. Even though his knee was wobbling all over the place the entire fight, he really never once allowed himself to show pain. That dude is a straight warrior!

Last edited:
Advertisement
When did Arya Stark join the UFC?

Advertisement
Back