UFC 235

Not me in the pic, but I thought you guys might like this pic

53117905_2493885557352557_162084760011669504_n.jpg

Advertisement
Diaz made 14 plus million for his 2 Conor fights. The disclosed purses have never been the real pay days. Dana has always been clear in saying that the official payouts are kept low because they have to be disclosed and all of the leaches will try to get their fingers into the fighters purse. A prelim guy getting 10 and 10 is probably ending up closer to 50 if they put on a great performance, not including the disclosed FOTN bonuses.
Yeah the 2 million khabib got was a flat rate just to fight. Conor got 3 mil just to fight khabib but said in total he was expecting to make 50 million. The thing is guys are only making big money off conor fights.

Just like tonight jon and woodley are getting just 500k from the ufc for their title fights. They sold the company for 4 billion and the fighters should get more.

Johnny Walker **** near took off Cirkunov's head in the preliminaries....wonder how seriously he injured himself during his celebration....

Cody lost his confidence after the back to back losses to TJ....Dana was touting Cody as the new face of the UFC prior to the first Dillishaw loss....

Will be very interesting to see how Askren does after his long exile in lesser organizations....Lawler always brings it and has had some of the most epic battles (vs Carlos Condit comes to mind) in the history of the UFC...Lawler with a puncher's chance, but most likely see Askren....

Hoping the Usman fight doesn't turn into another Woodley vs Demian Maia snoozeathon....Thinking the wrestling may cancel each other out....and, hoping, as sometimes happen when two elite wrestlers get together...turns into a slugfest....Woodley has amazing take down defense...hopefully, it's not a 25 minute wrestlefvck...Hard to call...Woodley, only because he's experienced in main events...

On Smith vs Jones...Never say never in MMA...Matt Serra vs GSP proved that....With that caveat out of the way, Jones is so solid in every aspect of his game with a highly underrated fight IQ and ridiculous athleticism....The 205 division is razor thin at the moment...and it's a big drop off from Bones to everyone else...Jones unless a Serra level upset...

Johnny Walker fought so great and then did that stupid *** celebration. Dumbass broke his collarbone i heard.

EDIT: I think they believe it is not as bad as they thought and may be a dislocated shoulder. Still a dumb move

Last edited:
Advertisement
So the debate seems to be whether or not Lawler gave a thumbs up to the referee a second or so before the fight was called.... What yall think?

I don't think he was coming back from that choke hold, and he my has himself to blame. He should have kept applying pressure when he had Askren clinging to consciousness instead of backing off....and within one minute letting a dazed and confused, shaggy haired, dad Bod mixed martial artist choke him out

So the debate seems to be whether or not Lawler gave a thumbs up to the referee a second or so before the fight was called.... What yall think?

I don't think he was coming back from that choke hold, and he my has himself to blame. He should have kept applying pressure when he had Askren clinging to consciousness instead of backing off....and within one minute letting a dazed and confused, shaggy haired, dad Bod mixed martial artist choke him out
He didn’t do enough to let herb know in that moment that he was ok. Herb is a high level practicing jujitsu player. That’s why he is the best because he has personally been in many of these situations. The fighters meet with the refs before the fight to address rules and expectations. Good stop or bad stop it is on Robbie to not let it get to that point.

(I’m a Lawler fan and was pulling for him)

Alot of accolades being thrown at Jones on here, remember he is a classless Cheater and those are proven Facts.

Alot of accolades being thrown at Jones on here, remember he is a classless Cheater and those are proven Facts.
Being a psychologist it was my belief that Jones was battling severe depression during his 'consistently ******* up' period.. Who really knows.

Advertisement
He has the power to do the damage. No question. Remember the old Dundee saying. Super Middles(168) and up all have the KO power to knock anyone out. He may not be a bruiser at HW, but with all his weapons and his speed at that weight class he would be dominant. Especially if you look at how his bros hold weight. He could easily fill out to HW size.
Jones doesn't have any punching power.

He'd have to G&P a heavyweight with those hellbows if he wanted a stoppage.

Yeah the 2 million khabib got was a flat rate just to fight. Conor got 3 mil just to fight khabib but said in total he was expecting to make 50 million. The thing is guys are only making big money off conor fights.

Just like tonight jon and woodley are getting just 500k from the ufc for their title fights. They sold the company for 4 billion and the fighters should get more.
The guys who bought the company for $4bn have a ridiculous amount of debt to finance. Don't expect fighter pay to go up anytime soon.

Jones doesn't have any punching power.

He'd have to G&P a heavyweight with those hellbows if he wanted a stoppage.

Just because he doesn't KO people with his hands doesn't mean he doesn't have punching power. He just uses them to set up his other strikes. Look how far out his hands are in his guard. He clearly does have power in his hands if you watch peoples reactions to getting punched by him. Remember Machida and Rashad?

Also, anecdotally, I have NEVER met someone that has power in the elbows, knees, and feet, but then somehow has no power in their hands.

Advertisement
Just because he doesn't KO people with his hands doesn't mean he doesn't have punching power. He just uses them to set up his other strikes. Look how far out his hands are in his guard. He clearly does have power in his hands if you watch peoples reactions to getting punched by him. Remember Machida and Rashad?

Also, anecdotally, I have NEVER met someone that has power in the elbows, knees, and feet, but then somehow has no power in their hands.
He puts more importance on setting up for the next strike, so he throws controlled and balanced strikes. I don't doubt his power whatsoever.

How many 'prime' years does he have left? I would like to be a fan of one fighter in the UFC that knows when to retire 😂

Advertisement

Did you just start watching MMA last week? Have you never heard pre fight banter before? This is exactly the type of thing fighters do. They say schit like. "Oh rampage says I can't hit hard. Sure I can't hit hard. "
I would love for fighters to think I am featherfisted. Mayweather has made a career off fighters thinking he is feather fisted and can walk him down, only to be rocked and then falling right into his game plan every game.

If rampage really thought bones was feather fisted he would have fought inside to take away his kicks(which were wrecking him the entire fight). He chose not to because he quickly realized (or knew before hand) that bones does have power in his hands.

Advertisement
Back