UF Game in Orlando - Predictions, Betting, Dates, Uniforms, Tickets, Seating, Travel, Lodging, Tailgating

Advertisement
Advertisement

Hearing that ESPN has requested the game be pushed up to the weekend of the 24th and that both schools Athletic Departments have agreed. Awaiting NCAA approval (I’m sure this will give them another excuse to delay Martell or any other rulings for Miami)

Hotels are cheap the 24th so anyone whose going to the game might want to monitor this to save some money if a possible date change occurs.

Anyone on these forums hear of something similar regarding the date change or am I getting catfished by those sons of...

This is (basically) true. Both schools are petitioning the NCAA (ESPN is not initiating this) though obviously ESPN has interest in making this happen.

Discussions have been going on for a while. My source is NOT from UM or UF.

Why in God's name couldn't they waited a week?! Especially after the ridiculous crap they pulled with tier 1. This is even more reason they should've refunded everyone and waited after the first sales day

Advertisement
so which school is gonna pay everyones hotel and airfare?

That would neither of them.

Its awful for paying fans, but they always have the disclaimer "time and date subject to change".

No way to run a railroad.

Making lemonade from lemons, they perhaps want the change because 1) the hype around Miami will lead to another ratings bump and the Canes fall flat--people enjoy watching NASCAR pile-ups of nat'l brands, or 2) the hype around our Miami leads to a ratings bump because the Canes pull off the upset--and people enjoy watching NASCAR pile-ups (Gators/SEC) of nat'l brands.

I'm leaning towards latter.

Go Canes.

Last edited:
Good news is your hotel can be canceled with no fees up to 48 hours prior to arrival at most. Airfare hope you paid the insurance on it to be able to change it with no extra fees (might be able to go on and add it)

Advertisement
Why in God's name couldn't they waited a week?! Especially after the ridiculous crap they pulled with tier 1. This is even more reason they should've refunded everyone and waited after the first sales day

The delay would have been more like 1 month, as the date change has not yet been approved by the NCAA.

I'm not defending how they did it at all, I'm just pointing out that it was more than a 1 week delay.

I tried to explain this on a separate thread, but any leftover tickets that UM or UF don't sell will be made available to Florida Citrus Sports members next month.

The delay would have been more like 1 month, as the date change has not yet been approved by the NCAA.

I'm not defending how they did it at all, I'm just pointing out that it was more than a 1 week delay.

I tried to explain this on a separate thread, but any leftover tickets that UM or UF don't sell will be made available to Florida Citrus Sports members next month.
It would have still been much better to wait. Or refund everyone, fix the vendor/system and start again when the date is set in stone

1 month wouldn't have changed anything. they sold LSU tickets close to april or may last year

Advertisement
Lmao....
So where, can I, get tickets?
Seriously, I'm coming down with my two boys and wife to see it and I'm not a club member...do I just have to deal with getting raked over the coals on the face value?
Probably.... I got a friend though who may be selling his for tix, so stay in touch with me & I'll see what he's selling them for. Have you looked at stubhub (I don't know if people have already listed them there or not)

Last week I saw some tickets on vivid seats. They were around $120 each I think. I have a buddy that just relocated down to Jax and he is looking for tickets for us. If he can get some at a decent price I plan on making the drive down.

Advertisement
Back